Woman with mental age of child to have abortion, court rules

Forum rules
Keep News and Politics about News and Politics.

Do not post full articles from other websites. Always link back to the source

Discuss things respectfully and take into account that each person has a different opinion.

Remember that this is a place for everyone to enjoy. Don’t try and run people off of the site. If you are upset with someone then utilize the foe feature.

Report when things come up.

Personal attacks are against guidelines however attacks need to be directed at a member on the forum for it to be against guidelines. Lying is not against guidelines, it’s hard for us to prove someone even did lie.

Once a topic is locked we consider the issue handled and no longer respond to new reports on the topic.
hockeymom87
Regent
Regent

Unread post

hotspice58 wrote: Sun Jun 23, 2019 12:50 am It’s already bed. Happening here. A teen with cancer was removed from her family because she didn’t want to continue treatment.
29again wrote: Sat Jun 22, 2019 6:08 pm
water<wine wrote: Sat Jun 22, 2019 4:59 pm

they also decided against the parents' wishes that baby alfie evans should DIE rather than be sent to america for treatment.

this is what the left wants, they want the government to decide whats best for everyone. they call the right fascists for wanting LIBERTY.
This is the kind of healthcare they want for all of us.. with a judge deciding who gets what treatment.
A judge deciding who lives or dies. There has been no crime committed, they're not on trial, they just need healthcare!
No thank you!
I just read about that. Glad she’s in remission now but they strapped her down for the port placement surgery. That’s wrong.
KnotaDinghy
Regent
Regent

Unread post

msb64 wrote: Sat Jun 22, 2019 7:35 pm I can't imagine wanting or requiring my mentally disabled child to carry a pregnancy to term and deliver a baby that I could then raise despite doctors saying that pregnancy and delivery would further damage my mentally disabled child. But perhaps my concern for my child's health is unusual.
What do you even mean? How would giving birth or carrying to term "further damage"? This woman may have the mentality of a child but she has the body of an adult woman. Even women in comas or on life support if pregnant can successfully carry to term and give birth without damage.

At this point the abortion would be extremely traumatic MENTALLY for her because she wants the baby. Strapping her to a medical table and putting her under so they can then pull the developing babie apart and out in pieces would further be mentally traumatizing to her.

One of my granddaughters is on the autism spectrum. She's late teen aged but mentality of 8-10. Her body is definitely healthy to have a baby. Her mentality would not be able to handle being all excited one moment at the baby inside her then waking up to be told there is no more baby.

You are being illogical.
“You’re either on drugs or retarded.
Nobody posts the crap you post unless they’re abnormal.” - derp
29again
Regent
Regent

Unread post

That's right!! I had forgotten about that case... In Mass., if I recall. Somewhere in New England, for sure. I remember discussing that on CM. Thanks for the reminder.
hotspice58 wrote: Sun Jun 23, 2019 12:50 am It’s already bed. Happening here. A teen with cancer was removed from her family because she didn’t want to continue treatment.
29again wrote: Sat Jun 22, 2019 6:08 pm
water<wine wrote: Sat Jun 22, 2019 4:59 pm

they also decided against the parents' wishes that baby alfie evans should DIE rather than be sent to america for treatment.

this is what the left wants, they want the government to decide whats best for everyone. they call the right fascists for wanting LIBERTY.
This is the kind of healthcare they want for all of us.. with a judge deciding who gets what treatment.
A judge deciding who lives or dies. There has been no crime committed, they're not on trial, they just need healthcare!
No thank you!
Expand your thinking

It’s possible to disagree with an article and not respond with a personal attack you know.
Try it.
Deleted User 276

Unread post

KnotaDinghy wrote: Sun Jun 23, 2019 1:19 am
msb64 wrote: Sat Jun 22, 2019 7:35 pm I can't imagine wanting or requiring my mentally disabled child to carry a pregnancy to term and deliver a baby that I could then raise despite doctors saying that pregnancy and delivery would further damage my mentally disabled child. But perhaps my concern for my child's health is unusual.
What do you even mean? How would giving birth or carrying to term "further damage"? This woman may have the mentality of a child but she has the body of an adult woman. Even women in comas or on life support if pregnant can successfully carry to term and give birth without damage.

At this point the abortion would be extremely traumatic MENTALLY for her because she wants the baby. Strapping her to a medical table and putting her under so they can then pull the developing babie apart and out in pieces would further be mentally traumatizing to her.

One of my granddaughters is on the autism spectrum. She's late teen aged but mentality of 8-10. Her body is definitely healthy to have a baby. Her mentality would not be able to handle being all excited one moment at the baby inside her then waking up to be told there is no more baby.

You are being illogical.
I agree with the judge that this case is heartbreaking but I also believe the judge's ruling is in the best interest of the woman. IMO, it would be more traumatizing to give birth and have the child taken away than to have an abortion. The pregnant woman is not only mentally disabled, she has a mood disorder which precludes her from living in the same home with her child.

I understand that this woman is in the care of her mother (I thought originally that she was in an NHS institution). But I am assuming that she became pregnant while in her mother's care and legally, that pregnancy is a result of rape.

I am loath in the vast majority of situations to forcibly terminate a woman's pregnancy against her will in the same way I am loath to forcibly require a woman to continue with a pregnancy against her will. In this unique situation I feel that the NHS Trust is arguing in the best interest of the woman and the judge's ruling is also in the best interest of the woman.
KnotaDinghy
Regent
Regent

Unread post

msb64 wrote: Sun Jun 23, 2019 10:04 am

You are being illogical.
I agree with the judge that this case is heartbreaking but I also believe the judge's ruling is in the best interest of the woman. IMO, it would be more traumatizing to give birth and have the child taken away than to have an abortion. The pregnant woman is not only mentally disabled, she has a mood disorder which precludes her from living in the same home with her child.

I understand that this woman is in the care of her mother (I thought originally that she was in an NHS institution). But I am assuming that she became pregnant while in her mother's care and legally, that pregnancy is a result of rape.

I am loath in the vast majority of situations to forcibly terminate a woman's pregnancy against her will in the same way I am loath to forcibly require a woman to continue with a pregnancy against her will. In this unique situation I feel that the NHS Trust is arguing in the best interest of the woman and the judge's ruling is also in the best interest of the woman.
Wow. The mentally disabled are incapable of making decisions as is the parent who raised and cares for them. SMH.

Well ok. You are entitled to your opinion no matter how fucked up everyone else thinks it is.
“You’re either on drugs or retarded.
Nobody posts the crap you post unless they’re abnormal.” - derp
xsxpxixdxexrxsx
Regent
Regent

Unread post

mater-three wrote: Sat Jun 22, 2019 9:07 pm I didn’t click the article so if it says forgive me but who the hell got the poor woman pregnant to begin with?
Right? I feel like mom failed her mentally handicapped daughter hardcore. I get that she is physically a 22 year old, but if they're mentally aged 6-9, they should be treated like a 6-9 year old. That being said, I don't feel like forcing an abortion at this stage is the pregnancy is acceptable. This whole situation from beginning to end is just so friggin wrong on so many levels.
Deleted User 276

Unread post

KnotaDinghy wrote: Sun Jun 23, 2019 10:22 am
msb64 wrote: Sun Jun 23, 2019 10:04 am

You are being illogical.

Wow. The mentally disabled are incapable of making decisions as is the parent who raised and cares for them. SMH.

Well ok. You are entitled to your opinion no matter how fucked up everyone else thinks it is.
I have a mentally disabled son and so I am painfully aware of the questions regarding consent, body autonomy, and sexuality. Every parent of a mentally disabled child has to grapple with these issues. I have never heard of a parent who feels that their mentally disabled adult daughter should give birth, no matter how much the parent would like to have another child and no matter how much their adult mentally disabled daughter may want a baby. Most parents work very hard to prevent conception.

The fact that this young woman is pregnant at all is because capable adults in her life failed her. The fact that she is 22 weeks pregnant is even more egregious.

Obviously I'm entitled to my opinion and others may find it fucked up. It's the internet after all.
Deleted User 670

Unread post

The woman was raped. What the woman's mother wants is of no consequence and should not be a consideration at all. It's a fucked up situation.
hockeymom87
Regent
Regent

Unread post

pinkbutterfly66 wrote: Sun Jun 23, 2019 3:02 pm The woman was raped. What the woman's mother wants is of no consequence and should not be a consideration at all. It's a fucked up situation.
Should the woman that is pregnant wants be considered?
Lexy
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

hockeymom87 wrote: Sun Jun 23, 2019 3:03 pm
pinkbutterfly66 wrote: Sun Jun 23, 2019 3:02 pm The woman was raped. What the woman's mother wants is of no consequence and should not be a consideration at all. It's a fucked up situation.
Should the woman that is pregnant wants be considered?
Have not read anything that confirmed she was raped.
Locked Previous topicNext topic