Woman with mental age of child to have abortion, court rules

Forum rules
Keep News and Politics about News and Politics.

Do not post full articles from other websites. Always link back to the source

Discuss things respectfully and take into account that each person has a different opinion.

Remember that this is a place for everyone to enjoy. Don’t try and run people off of the site. If you are upset with someone then utilize the foe feature.

Report when things come up.

Personal attacks are against guidelines however attacks need to be directed at a member on the forum for it to be against guidelines. Lying is not against guidelines, it’s hard for us to prove someone even did lie.

Once a topic is locked we consider the issue handled and no longer respond to new reports on the topic.
hockeymom87
Regent
Regent

Unread post

BionicBunny wrote: Sat Jun 22, 2019 9:09 pm
hockeymom87 wrote: Sat Jun 22, 2019 9:08 pm
BionicBunny wrote: Sat Jun 22, 2019 8:37 pm

Sorry to hear about your sister
Thank you. It’s getting easier. My mom has guardianship over my nephews. We’re hoping it will be permanent. Both of the fathers are felons and can’t raise a child. If it becomes permanent there’s a chance my husband and I could adopt the boys.
That sounds like what would be best for them. I hope it works out like that
We do too. My sister had a serious heart condition she had a 50/50 chance of surviving both pregnancies. She got lucky the first time and decided to try and roll the dice again and it didn’t work out well. It was her choice to become stay pregnant. If we get one or both of the boys they’ll be loved and treated just like my two boys. We make plenty of money and have good insurance. If the dads get them they’ll be on every amount of government aid until they’re out of school. And that’s of the dads can stay out of prison. Neither one knows what it takes to rise kids. The older one is delayed and the dad is in denial and the baby is a premature baby.
BionicBunny
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

hockeymom87 wrote: Sat Jun 22, 2019 9:15 pm
hockeymom87 wrote: Sat Jun 22, 2019 9:08 pm

Thank you. It’s getting easier. My mom has guardianship over my nephews. We’re hoping it will be permanent. Both of the fathers are felons and can’t raise a child. If it becomes permanent there’s a chance my husband and I could adopt the boys.
We do too. My sister had a serious heart condition she had a 50/50 chance of surviving both pregnancies. She got lucky the first time and decided to try and roll the dice again and it didn’t work out well. It was her choice to become stay pregnant. If we get one or both of the boys they’ll be loved and treated just like my two boys. We make plenty of money and have good insurance. If the dads get them they’ll be on every amount of government aid until they’re out of school. And that’s of the dads can stay out of prison. Neither one knows what it takes to rise kids. The older one is delayed and the dad is in denial and the baby is a premature baby.
Hopefully they will stay together and both will go to you
hockeymom87
Regent
Regent

Unread post

BionicBunny wrote: Sat Jun 22, 2019 9:19 pm
hockeymom87 wrote: Sat Jun 22, 2019 9:15 pm

Hopefully they will stay together and both will go to you
My sister wanted them raised together. She was leaving the other dad and was going to get documentation that she wanted me to have the boys but she went into labor early so now it’s been a mess.
Della
Princess
Princess

Unread post

"The woman’s mother explained to both doctors and court that she would be caring for the child. Lieven does not believe the mother would be able to care for both her daughter and granddaughter simultaneously.

Although the identity of the disabled woman in question is unknown, it is understood that she is in her twenties, is Catholic, and has the mentally capabilities of a child in grade school. Her mother is said to be Nigerian."

https://humanevents.com/2019/06/22/no-c ... ing.com%2F
306/232

But I'm still the winner! They lied! They cheated! They stole the election!
lunarprancer
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

hockeymom87 wrote: Sat Jun 22, 2019 8:36 pm
cgd5112 wrote: Sat Jun 22, 2019 8:31 pm I read the article. The judge makes some strong points. The woman does not understand her situation and wants a child like a child wants a doll.
However, the mother of this woman is willing to care fir her grandchild to be. The article does not state whether the woman is a ward of the state. Thus, despite the mother being against an abortion, termination can be ordered by the court.
The fetus is already 22 weeks. Just because there are rare cases where a fetus survives at that stage when delivered does not make for a strong argument against termination, especially when the fetus has adverse pathology. I’m pro choice, however, the article does not state fetal pathology that would warrant termination. Additionally, the woman does not have medical issues that a pregnancy to term would threaten her life.
I think the court is grossly overreaching if the mother of this woman has custody of her daughter. Additionally, the mother would not be the first grandmother to care for her grandchild from birth.
This just a tragic situation. The circumstances of conception are also under investigation.
IDK ... this just seems wrong to me.
My mother is caring my sisters two children. One will be five in August. My sister had a baby in January and was put on life support right after she had the baby.
Oh goodness, I’m sorry.
BionicBunny
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

CockatooCrazyColt529 wrote: Sat Jun 22, 2019 9:28 pm "The woman’s mother explained to both doctors and court that she would be caring for the child. Lieven does not believe the mother would be able to care for both her daughter and granddaughter simultaneously.

Although the identity of the disabled woman in question is unknown, it is understood that she is in her twenties, is Catholic, and has the mentally capabilities of a child in grade school. Her mother is said to be Nigerian."

How could the mother not handle taking care of her daughter and granddaughter if the daughter is mentally like a grade school child? Do women not take care of grade school children and new borns all the time?
Deleted User 276

Unread post

BionicBunny wrote: Sat Jun 22, 2019 9:33 pm
CockatooCrazyColt529 wrote: Sat Jun 22, 2019 9:28 pm "The woman’s mother explained to both doctors and court that she would be caring for the child. Lieven does not believe the mother would be able to care for both her daughter and granddaughter simultaneously.

How could the mother not handle taking care of her daughter and granddaughter if the daughter is mentally like a grade school child? Do women not take care of grade school children and new norms all the time?
Are you okay with having a girl, mental age 6-9, give birth? Is it "A Okay" if there is someone ready to take care of the child once born?
BionicBunny
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

msb64 wrote: Sat Jun 22, 2019 9:36 pm

How could the mother not handle taking care of her daughter and granddaughter if the daughter is mentally like a grade school child? Do women not take care of grade school children and new norms all the time?
Are you okay with having a girl, mental age 6-9, give birth? Is it "A Okay" if there is someone ready to take care of the child once born?
Why would I answer any of your questions when you refuse to answer the same question I have asked four times now and you ignore and dance around it. I don’t think I can ever take your opinion seriously again after this post.
Deleted User 276

Unread post

BionicBunny wrote: Sat Jun 22, 2019 9:43 pm

Why would I answer any of your questions when you refuse to answer the same question I have asked four times now and you ignore and dance around it. I don’t think I can ever take your opinion seriously again after this post.
Lol. I have absolutely no problem with that.
Lexy
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

msb64 wrote: Sat Jun 22, 2019 9:50 pm
BionicBunny wrote: Sat Jun 22, 2019 9:43 pm

Lol. I have absolutely no problem with that.
Still you have not answered her question. Is there a reason?
Locked Previous topicNext topic