Woman with mental age of child to have abortion, court rules

Forum rules
Keep News and Politics about News and Politics.

Do not post full articles from other websites. Always link back to the source

Discuss things respectfully and take into account that each person has a different opinion.

Remember that this is a place for everyone to enjoy. Don’t try and run people off of the site. If you are upset with someone then utilize the foe feature.

Report when things come up.

Personal attacks are against guidelines however attacks need to be directed at a member on the forum for it to be against guidelines. Lying is not against guidelines, it’s hard for us to prove someone even did lie.

Once a topic is locked we consider the issue handled and no longer respond to new reports on the topic.
Lexy
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

msb64 wrote: Sat Jun 22, 2019 8:04 pm
Lexy wrote: Sat Jun 22, 2019 8:01 pm
msb64 wrote: Sat Jun 22, 2019 7:59 pm

So you are okay with a 6-9 year old to be an incubator? Holy shit.
So should any woman/girl who is physically capable of carrying a child be required to carry a child regardless of how they became pregnant?
Don't twist it. This woman and her mother do not want the abortion. Why when it is the reverse there is NO CHOICE?
Deleted User 276

Unread post

Lexy wrote: Sat Jun 22, 2019 8:12 pm
So should any woman/girl who is physically capable of carrying a child be required to carry a child regardless of how they became pregnant?
Don't twist it. This woman and her mother do not want the abortion. Why when it is the reverse there is NO CHOICE?
So let me ask this, if foster parents of a 6-9 year old wished that the child had an abortion but the child and/or parent disagreed, where would you fall on who gets to make this decision?
BionicBunny
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

Foster parents are not adopted parents. They don’t/ shouldn’t have that right to make the decision. She could be returned to the biological mother. There are probably foster parents because I’m sure there is an investigation on how this all happened.
Are you going to answer my question if I ask a third time, how is it less traumatic for this woman to be forced in a late term abortion than to have a csection? How do you think they will get this baby out during an abortion?
msb64 wrote: Sat Jun 22, 2019 8:15 pm
Lexy wrote: Sat Jun 22, 2019 8:12 pm

So let me ask this, if foster parents of a 6-9 year old wished that the child had an abortion but the child and/or parent disagreed, where would you fall on who gets to make this decision?
hockeymom87
Regent
Regent

Unread post

I thought woman had the right to choose? Or is the choosing only okay if they choose to kill the baby? She’s catholic it goes against her beliefs to have an abortion
morgan
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

So should any woman/girl who is physically capable of carrying a child be required to carry abort a child regardless of how they became pregnant because YOU don't feel comfortable with it? What the f**k ever happened to her body, her choice?
Fixed it for you.
KAG
Mean Girl
morgan
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

hockeymom87 wrote: Sat Jun 22, 2019 8:19 pm
I thought woman had the right to choose? Or is the choosing only okay if they choose to kill the baby? She’s catholic it goes against her beliefs to have an abortion
Oh a Catholic. That explains it. Nothing triggers a liberal like a catholic who wants her baby.
KAG
Mean Girl
BionicBunny
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

morgan wrote: Sat Jun 22, 2019 8:25 pm

Oh a Catholic. That explains it. Nothing triggers a liberal like a catholic who wants her baby.
I have asked her three times now how forcing this woman to go through a late term abortion would be less traumatic than having a csection. I asked how did she think they would get this 22week baby out of this woman during a late term abortion when she argued it would be too traumatic for her to have the baby. Still no answer.
cgd5112
Donated
Donated
Regent
Regent

Unread post

I read the article. The judge makes some strong points. The woman does not understand her situation and wants a child like a child wants a doll.
However, the mother of this woman is willing to care fir her grandchild to be. The article does not state whether the woman is a ward of the state. Thus, despite the mother being against an abortion, termination can be ordered by the court.
The fetus is already 22 weeks. Just because there are rare cases where a fetus survives at that stage when delivered does not make for a strong argument against termination, especially when the fetus has adverse pathology. I’m pro choice, however, the article does not state fetal pathology that would warrant termination. Additionally, the woman does not have medical issues that a pregnancy to term would threaten her life.
I think the court is grossly overreaching if the mother of this woman has custody of her daughter. Additionally, the mother would not be the first grandmother to care for her grandchild from birth.
This just a tragic situation. The circumstances of conception are also under investigation.
IDK ... this just seems wrong to me.
morgan
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

BionicBunny wrote: Sat Jun 22, 2019 8:29 pm
morgan wrote: Sat Jun 22, 2019 8:25 pm
I have asked her three times now how forcing this woman to go through a late term abortion would be less traumatic than having a csection. I asked how did she think they would get this 22week baby out of this woman during a late term abortion when she argued it would be too traumatic for her to have the baby. Still no answer.
Welcome to the joys of debating with a liberal.
KAG
Mean Girl
hockeymom87
Regent
Regent

Unread post

cgd5112 wrote: Sat Jun 22, 2019 8:31 pm I read the article. The judge makes some strong points. The woman does not understand her situation and wants a child like a child wants a doll.
However, the mother of this woman is willing to care fir her grandchild to be. The article does not state whether the woman is a ward of the state. Thus, despite the mother being against an abortion, termination can be ordered by the court.
The fetus is already 22 weeks. Just because there are rare cases where a fetus survives at that stage when delivered does not make for a strong argument against termination, especially when the fetus has adverse pathology. I’m pro choice, however, the article does not state fetal pathology that would warrant termination. Additionally, the woman does not have medical issues that a pregnancy to term would threaten her life.
I think the court is grossly overreaching if the mother of this woman has custody of her daughter. Additionally, the mother would not be the first grandmother to care for her grandchild from birth.
This just a tragic situation. The circumstances of conception are also under investigation.
IDK ... this just seems wrong to me.
My mother is caring my sisters two children. One will be five in August. My sister had a baby in January and was put on life support right after she had the baby.
Locked Previous topicNext topic