Can a 15 year old seek medical care

Fullxbusymom
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

Anonymous 5 wrote: Sat Jun 22, 2019 9:45 am My experience is that I tried to make a gyn appt for my dd15 & they wouldnt let me. She had to make the appt .

So I would say yes your niece can get medical help but she will need all her ins cards.
Wrong, unless a gyn appt. all other dtrs require parental permission for minors. Parents can still make gyn appts. for minors too, I call BS that they said you couldn't make one for a 15yr old, btw.
Deleted User 203

Unread post

Her "oils?"

I would check with the specific laws in California about this sort of thing but if she's coughing up blood, that could be a number of things, and she needs to be seen.

I'd chance it and take her to the ER.
Anonymous 1

Unread post

OBXPrincess wrote: Sat Jun 22, 2019 7:50 am And you keep saying your sil is shit..... But where is your brother (or hubbys brother)? Why is he not stepping in and helping his daughter
It's my hubby's sister. Her dad lives in another state and is just as bad as she is.
Anonymous 1

Unread post

californiagirl83 wrote: Sat Jun 22, 2019 8:38 am Where's dad in this?
In another state. Hes abusive and no better than mom.
MistressMonster
Sour Grapes
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Fullxbusymom wrote: Sat Jun 22, 2019 10:17 am
Anonymous 5 wrote: Sat Jun 22, 2019 9:45 am My experience is that I tried to make a gyn appt for my dd15 & they wouldnt let me. She had to make the appt .

So I would say yes your niece can get medical help but she will need all her ins cards.
Wrong, unless a gyn appt. all other dtrs require parental permission for minors. Parents can still make gyn appts. for minors too, I call BS that they said you couldn't make one for a 15yr old, btw.
When I was 15/16/17 I was making all my own dr and dental appointments. Didn't need my parents permission. This was 25+ years ago.
The oranges of the island are like blazing fire
Amongst the emerald boughs
And the lemons are like the paleness of a lover
Who has spent the night crying.

My soul was ripped to shreds on 10/27/14
Anonymous 1

Unread post

SeekingPeace wrote: Sat Jun 22, 2019 10:05 am You mentioned that she uses oils. What is she using them to treat?
Anonymous 1 wrote: Sat Jun 22, 2019 2:49 am On her own? My 15 year old niece just told me she has been coughing up blood for months and her mom just says its because she doesn't use her oils regularly.
We aren't sure. My sil is going to kill someone with those oils someday. She thinks people should come to her instead of doctors even for things like cancer. She doesn't have any real training she just sells doterra.
Anonymous 1

Unread post

Thanks everyone. I'm going to see if I can get her out of that house long enough to get her to the er. Her mom is very controlling and doesn't let her go anywhere.
mojogirl
Donated
Donated
Regent
Regent

Unread post

I would take her. CPS will get involved. As they should.
Deleted User 638

Unread post

Pjmm wrote: Sat Jun 22, 2019 7:30 am Idk but I'd tell sil look here you take her, the doctor pronto, let me take her, or expect to see CPS at your door. You choose. That shit is ridiculous.
Deleted User 638

Unread post

Anonymous 1 wrote: Sat Jun 22, 2019 10:30 am Thanks everyone. I'm going to see if I can get her out of that house long enough to get her to the er. Her mom is very controlling and doesn't let her go anywhere.

You need to call CPS if you can't get her to the ER this morning.
Locked Previous topicNext topic