Can a 15 year old seek medical care

Anonymous 4

Unread post

Also I would never let any human I loved cough up blood for an undisclosed amount of time. If her health was important to me I would show up at moms front door explain that I was taking the child for care. If she refused care I would stand there right in front of her neglectful ass and call 911. I would say I needed police, ambulance and CPS.
Sassy762
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Check your city/state laws......she could in New York. I would take her to the ER and tell them that her shit parents are refusing to get her medical treatment . They will call CPS ...ASAP
californiagirl83
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Where's dad in this?
Anonymous 5

Unread post

My experience is that I tried to make a gyn appt for my dd15 & they wouldnt let me. She had to make the appt .

So I would say yes your niece can get medical help but she will need all her ins cards.
scemily526
Regent
Regent

Unread post

in CA, yes she does have the right at 15yrs old
Fullxbusymom
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

Anonymous 4 wrote: Sat Jun 22, 2019 8:13 am Have her call an ambulance at a friends house. The ambulance has to treat her as long as she does not refuse. Once arriving to the hospital via ambulance they will treat her and deal with the logistics after. If she has been treated at a local hospital before they will have her insurance information on file. If she has no insurance they will still treat her.
This is a a great loop hole around her problem. They will call her parents once at the hospital though.
Anonymous 5

Unread post

Fullxbusymom wrote: Sat Jun 22, 2019 9:50 am
Anonymous 4 wrote: Sat Jun 22, 2019 8:13 am Have her call an ambulance at a friends house. The ambulance has to treat her as long as she does not refuse. Once arriving to the hospital via ambulance they will treat her and deal with the logistics after. If she has been treated at a local hospital before they will have her insurance information on file. If she has no insurance they will still treat her.
This is a a great loop hole around her problem. They will call her parents once at the hospital though.
Holy f**k, the cost of an ambulance is outrageous unless you have ambulance coverage on your ins & most times the ambulance is only covered if you're admitted to the hospital.
SeekingPeace
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

You mentioned that she uses oils. What is she using them to treat?
Anonymous 1 wrote: Sat Jun 22, 2019 2:49 am On her own? My 15 year old niece just told me she has been coughing up blood for months and her mom just says its because she doesn't use her oils regularly.
Vegaswife2011
Donated
Donated
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

Pjmm wrote: Sat Jun 22, 2019 7:30 am Idk but I'd tell sil look here you take her, the doctor pronto, let me take her, or expect to see CPS at your door. You choose. That shit is ridiculous.
This. Good luck OP.
Anonymous 6

Unread post

Anonymous 5 wrote: Sat Jun 22, 2019 9:53 am
Fullxbusymom wrote: Sat Jun 22, 2019 9:50 am
Holy f**k, the cost of an ambulance is outrageous unless you have ambulance coverage on your ins & most times the ambulance is only covered if you're admitted to the hospital.
The kid is coughing up blood and her parents won't take her to a dtr. and she can't be seen without them. So what magical plan to you suggest? Yes, I know how much they are about $1,000 but how much do you put on a human life I would say more than that.
Locked Previous topicNext topic