Little Boy room ideas

Anonymous 2

Unread post

With how often kids change their interests, I like this idea. Or just a few accessories around the room to make the theme obvious.

Since he's into cars, I'd center the whole room around a center rug like this:

Just the rug! Not all that other crap. :lol:
Inmybizz wrote: Fri Jun 14, 2019 4:40 pm
Dylexsmommy wrote: Fri Jun 14, 2019 4:22 pm
Inmybizz wrote: Fri Jun 14, 2019 4:16 pm What does he like? Has he given you any ideas as to what an oasis would be for him?
When my baby girl was 6 she had a very clear idea of what she want her room to look like. Pink explosion, hello kitty and glow in the dark stars.
He likes cars, like matchbox cars so definitely a little area for him to play with his cars. And I saw this cute mirror with matchbox cars on the edges that I'll do.
I like wall decals..very easy to use and they look really nice.
Sassy762
Princess
Princess

Unread post

I've had several of these, the boys loved them when they were younger
Dylexsmommy wrote: Fri Jun 14, 2019 5:43 pm
Sassy762 wrote: Fri Jun 14, 2019 5:03 pm You can also get a rug that looks similar to this for him to play with his cars and trucks. I know they have a small and mediumish size one at Ikea

I love this!
Deleted User 670

Unread post

Dylexsmommy wrote: Fri Jun 14, 2019 4:39 pm
pinkbutterfly66 wrote: Fri Jun 14, 2019 4:30 pm
Dylexsmommy wrote: Fri Jun 14, 2019 4:26 pm

Yeah I've been looking at Pinterest. I'll just sit him down and have him take a look. Past a little reading nook with either a beanbag or a nice kids sized recliner for the reading nook I have no idea.

But alas, he is just a boy. They don't really care about stuff like this. I want it more than he does.
He's be happy sleeping on the floor.
What is he into? Dinosaurs? Race Cars? Science? Magic? Bugs? What's his favorite book?
Curious George, PJ Masks, all retro cartoons like Tom and Jerry, Pink Panther, Looney Toons. He loves music. Enjoys tinkering with stuff, like taking stuff apart.
It's hard because he's mostly an outdoorsy kid.
I can't bring a climbing tree inside. (Or maybe I could...??) How would I make a climbing contraption that I could safely put into his room?
If your ceiling is tall enough, you could totally build a platform and paint a tree on the back and give him a treehouse to hang out in.
Deleted User 172

Unread post

pinkbutterfly66 wrote: Fri Jun 14, 2019 5:51 pm
pinkbutterfly66 wrote: Fri Jun 14, 2019 4:30 pm
What is he into? Dinosaurs? Race Cars? Science? Magic? Bugs? What's his favorite book?
Curious George, PJ Masks, all retro cartoons like Tom and Jerry, Pink Panther, Looney Toons. He loves music. Enjoys tinkering with stuff, like taking stuff apart.
I can't bring a climbing tree inside. (Or maybe I could...??) How would I make a climbing contraption that I could safely put into his room?
If your ceiling is tall enough, you could totally build a platform and paint a tree on the back and give him a treehouse to hang out in.
The ceiling is 10 feet. Too low for something really high but i could totally build a loft bed that looks like a tree house. Maybe even design in some monkey bars.
Deleted User 670

Unread post

Dylexsmommy wrote: Fri Jun 14, 2019 5:56 pm
pinkbutterfly66 wrote: Fri Jun 14, 2019 5:51 pm

The ceiling is 10 feet. Too low for something really high but i could totally build a loft bed that looks like a tree house. Maybe even design in some monkey bars.
Pinterest has a lot of cute ideas.
Deleted User 1039

Unread post

We don’t tend to spend time in bedrooms, so our kids don’t have play areas there, just a book shelf and dresser and bed. What does he like to play with? Maybe an art table and shelves with supplies? A LEGO table?
Inmybizz
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

I like the rug.
Anonymous 2 wrote: Fri Jun 14, 2019 5:45 pm With how often kids change their interests, I like this idea. Or just a few accessories around the room to make the theme obvious.

Dylexsmommy wrote: Fri Jun 14, 2019 4:22 pm

He likes cars, like matchbox cars so definitely a little area for him to play with his cars. And I saw this cute mirror with matchbox cars on the edges that I'll do.
Deleted User 172

Unread post

SolidlyAverage wrote: Fri Jun 14, 2019 6:20 pm We don’t tend to spend time in bedrooms, so our kids don’t have play areas there, just a book shelf and dresser and bed. What does he like to play with? Maybe an art table and shelves with supplies? A LEGO table?
Yeah i definitely want to encourage some arts and crafts. I'm thinking a loft bed with some monkey bars that lead to a reading nook on the other side of the room. Under the loft bed putting a crafts table . I like Pink's idea of designing it like a treehouse.
Anonymous 2

Unread post

I like a lot of the ideas that people have given you. Just make sure you that you don't put too much in the room that he's over-stimulated and can't escape the fun of it all to sleep at night! :)

Dylexsmommy wrote: Fri Jun 14, 2019 6:31 pm
SolidlyAverage wrote: Fri Jun 14, 2019 6:20 pm We don’t tend to spend time in bedrooms, so our kids don’t have play areas there, just a book shelf and dresser and bed. What does he like to play with? Maybe an art table and shelves with supplies? A LEGO table?
Yeah i definitely want to encourage some arts and crafts. I'm thinking a loft bed with some monkey bars that lead to a reading nook on the other side of the room. Under the loft bed putting a crafts table . I like Pink's idea of designing it like a treehouse.
Anonymous 2

Unread post

Me, too. And if he likes cars, he will get many years of use out of that rug. I think it was only $47.00, too!
Inmybizz wrote: Fri Jun 14, 2019 6:29 pm I like the rug.
Anonymous 2 wrote: Fri Jun 14, 2019 5:45 pm With how often kids change their interests, I like this idea. Or just a few accessories around the room to make the theme obvious.

Locked Previous topicNext topic