Which dress for Easter?

Olioxenfree
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Anonymous 3 wrote: Mon Apr 15, 2019 6:26 pm
Olioxenfree wrote: Mon Apr 15, 2019 6:22 pm
AnnieArk wrote: Mon Apr 15, 2019 6:03 pm They're cute dressses, but inappropriate for church. Go shopping for a real Easter dress.
I disagree. There is nothing inappropriate about them for our church.
The second dress looks like a cheap cocktail dress, the first one looks like a teens lacy spaghetti strap shirt
It has zero lace, the straps are over an inch thick, and it is definitely not a shirt, it goes to my knees...
QuantumNursing
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Olioxenfree wrote: Mon Apr 15, 2019 6:30 pm
AnnieArk wrote: Mon Apr 15, 2019 6:26 pm

Exposed shoulders, back, and cleavage are not okay for a religious service on the most holy Christian day. You're in your 30's. You should know to be more respectful of the church service.
We aren't catholic, we are allowed to have exposed shoulders, just about everyone does as long as it's warm enough. If my shoulders are really that distracting, that is their problem, not mine, they should know not to oogle at someone's shoulders in a church. My back isn't exposed in any of these dresses expect for the purple one, which I'd wear a shawl with because the shape looks baggy on me. I don't have large breasts, you do not see any cleavage when I wear these dresses, my breasts are fully covered. There is literally zero cleavage in the top dress, it's straight across on my collarbone.
Its not about the exposed shoulders. Im Catholic and we are allowed to show our shoulders. Its the overall style of the dresses. Some people feel that not dreasing more conservatively for Chuch especially Easter is disrespectful of God. Those arent church dresses. Those are noght on the town dresses. There is a difference.
Anonymous 5

Unread post

It’s not specifically the shoulders, it’s the overall dress. It looks really casual. I’d wear it to the beach- totally not a church dress.
Olioxenfree wrote: Mon Apr 15, 2019 6:59 pm
Anonymous 5 wrote: Mon Apr 15, 2019 6:45 pm The second and third are passable, but you really see nothing wrong with the first dress?

No, I don't. It's to my knees and has zero cleavage. Are people going to be corrupted by my shoulders?
Olioxenfree
Princess
Princess

Unread post

QuantumNursing wrote: Mon Apr 15, 2019 7:08 pm

Exposed shoulders, back, and cleavage are not okay for a religious service on the most holy Christian day. You're in your 30's. You should know to be more respectful of the church service.
We aren't catholic, we are allowed to have exposed shoulders, just about everyone does as long as it's warm enough. If my shoulders are really that distracting, that is their problem, not mine, they should know not to oogle at someone's shoulders in a church. My back isn't exposed in any of these dresses expect for the purple one, which I'd wear a shawl with because the shape looks baggy on me. I don't have large breasts, you do not see any cleavage when I wear these dresses, my breasts are fully covered. There is literally zero cleavage in the top dress, it's straight across on my collarbone.
Its not about the exposed shoulders. Im Catholic and we are allowed to show our shoulders. Its the overall style of the dresses. Some people feel that not dreasing more conservatively for Chuch especially Easter is disrespectful of God. Those arent church dresses. Those are noght on the town dresses. There is a difference.
They cover everything they need to. I do not feel they are disrespectful to God and what is on my body is not anyone else's business. If they feel so offended by my clothes they should be spending more time focusing on the service and less time staring at my clavicle.
QuantumNursing
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Olioxenfree wrote: Mon Apr 15, 2019 7:13 pm

They cover everything they need to. I do not feel they are disrespectful to God and what is on my body is not anyone else's business. If they feel so offended by my clothes they should be spending more time focusing on the service and less time staring at my clavicle.
Once again you its not about what is showing
Anonymous 1

Unread post

Olioxenfree wrote: Mon Apr 15, 2019 7:13 pm

It's called respect for the church and other people attending. You look like you are attending an Ariana Grande concert FFS. Get some class.
mommy_jules
Regent
Regent

Unread post

It's hard to say. They're just shapeless dresses on a hanger. It's hard to imagine what they look like on. Maybe the first with a cardigan or bolero jacket.
Lemons
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

The second one
Anonymous 3

Unread post

Olioxenfree wrote: Mon Apr 15, 2019 4:07 pm Which dress should I wear for Easter? I'm leaning away from the purple one because it has built-in curves and I don't have a curvy body, so I normally only wear it when I'm pregnant or it kind of bags at the sides, but I can wear a shawl with it if I decide on that one so it wouldn't look too weird. The green one has more of a cream colored underlayer, it's much less peachy looking than it is in the photo. My heels are tan.

Screen Shot 2019-04-15 at 4.04.44 PM.png
Screen Shot 2019-04-15 at 4.04.29 PM.pngScreen Shot 2019-04-15 at 4.04.17 PM.png
Looking at them again, they still look like cheaply made and too trashy to wear in church. BUT I have a feeling you knew this when you made this ridiculous post. Carry on and wear either one of the trashy looking hoochie mama/floozy/hussy/jezebel dresses to church, its no skin off my nose. Im not the one that's going to embarrass my kids and husband when everyone is talking about how trashy you were dressed on Easter for months to come.
Lemons
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

I don’t think Catholic Churches have a dress code. I don’t get why people are saying inappropriate. What church has a dress code, written or unwritten?
Locked Previous topicNext topic