Your hours are based off people opening credit?

Anonymous 6

Unread post

That’s usually the policy for retail.
Anonymous 7

Unread post

I wouldn't work there
Anonymous 7

Unread post

Anonymous 6 wrote: Fri Apr 12, 2019 10:32 am That’s usually the policy for retail.
Ive worked in retail and that was never a policy
bluebunnybabe
Donated
Donated
Regent
Regent

Unread post

A lot of stores are like that. Some of them push the warranties pretty hard too.
🍦Kid Crack Dealer🍦
PoplarGrove
Donated
Donated
Regent
Regent

Unread post

When they were open in Canada they pushed their cards pretty hard too. If you're looking for a long term job do a little reading on how Sears treated their Canadian employees after the shut down. The CEOs/higher ups received huge golden parachute buy outs while retired Sears employees had their pensions significantly cut due to a deliberatly underfunded pension plan. They also got out of giving severance to a lot of their employees when they closed but the ones who ran them into the ground made out pretty good.
wildflowers25
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Considering how badly Sears is doing, all the ones in this area closed, I don't see many people rushing to get cards with them.
nmkj
Countess
Countess

Unread post

I worked for kmart. After the first month I stopped asking anyone to open those cards. I never lost hours. Working for that company sucks so F***ing bad they're desperate for people to work there. You'll get "talked to" about getting apps but not much else is done.
Spookly
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

That's so F***ing strange to me because I heard they're all going out of business, wtf would their main focus be on credit cards at this point???

I do know that many jobs want you to try and aim for the charge card as much as possible though but it's not the main point of how many hours you're scheduled.
Anonymous 8

Unread post

Anonymous 6 wrote: Fri Apr 12, 2019 10:32 am That’s usually the policy for retail.
Been doing retail for 20 years. It has never been a policy for any company I have worked for.

Now when I worked at one company, you did get sort of a *reward* for signing people up for shopper's cards. Whoever had the most, management would buy them 3 lotto tickets, so there was always a chance you could win money.
Anonymous 6

Unread post

Anonymous 7 wrote: Fri Apr 12, 2019 10:35 am
Ive worked in retail and that was never a policy
Nordstrom, Macy’s, Neiman Marcus ect your hours are based off sales and credit cards.
Locked Previous topicNext topic