BM wants me to sit down with her so we can have a conversation about respect

Anonymous 1

Unread post

That is what she texted me saying. She doesnt like the fact that I gave SD my old car. I got a new one and we considered selling my old one but it just made more sense for me to give it to SD. She is working and doing dual enrollment which means she is taking classes at one of the local colleges

She is responsible and we have never had problems with her.

The only "problem" is that BM feels like people should buy their own cars. She has always wanted her own kids to have to pay for their first car. I understand her view but DH and I see things differently.

The car is about 12 years old so it isnt brand new and it isnt exciting or flashy, but it is functional and reliable. When BM first found out she kept trying to convince DH that I should be making SD make a monthly car payment to me. I just dont see the point of that. As of now half of SDs check goes straight into savings. Id rather have her have a good savings than have a little bit of extra cash.

She does pay for gas and DH told her she needs to take care of the next oil change (it was changed just before it became hers)

I declined BMs request. I have no desire to sit down and talk to her about respect. This had nothing to do with her. In fact she didnt even play a role in my decision, I was just doing what I felt was best for our house and SD, It doesnt impact BM. My decision had nothing to do with BM and it is okay if we dont share the same opinions. Just wanted to "confess" and get all that off my chest lol
Anonymous 2

Unread post

Hmm. A little bit different.
Olioxenfree
Princess
Princess

Unread post

I don't agree in giving a child a car without both parents agreeing to it and being heard.
Anonymous 1

Unread post

Olioxenfree wrote: Fri Apr 12, 2019 9:57 am I don't agree in giving a child a car without both parents agreeing to it and being heard.
Sometimes parents dont agree and that is okay. Her having a car here plays 0 impact on what goes on at her moms house.
Anonymous 3

Unread post

:twisted: BM isn't happy, huh? :twisted:
MrsDavidB
Queen Mother
Queen Mother

Unread post

BM wouldn't even have my phone number to bother me.
MistressMonster
Sour Grapes
Princess
Princess

Unread post

New spin.
The oranges of the island are like blazing fire
Amongst the emerald boughs
And the lemons are like the paleness of a lover
Who has spent the night crying.

My soul was ripped to shreds on 10/27/14
Sassy762
Princess
Princess

Unread post

BM should talk to DH about this not you.
Anonymous 1

Unread post

Sassy762 wrote: Fri Apr 12, 2019 10:01 am BM should talk to DH about this not you.
She has tried. He told her the decision was mad and that was it. Nothing more to talk about.
Anonymous 4

Unread post

I assume your DH agreed with this, so if BM has a problem with it, she can discuss it with her ex.
Locked Previous topicNext topic