Meghan McCain tells Trump “No one will ever love you like they loved my father” in response to tweet bashing John McCain

Forum rules
Keep News and Politics about News and Politics.

Do not post full articles from other websites. Always link back to the source

Discuss things respectfully and take into account that each person has a different opinion.

Remember that this is a place for everyone to enjoy. Don’t try and run people off of the site. If you are upset with someone then utilize the foe feature.

Report when things come up.

Personal attacks are against guidelines however attacks need to be directed at a member on the forum for it to be against guidelines. Lying is not against guidelines, it’s hard for us to prove someone even did lie.

Once a topic is locked we consider the issue handled and no longer respond to new reports on the topic.
Deleted User 203

Unread post

Francee89 wrote: Mon Mar 18, 2019 10:44 am
AZLizardLady wrote: Mon Mar 18, 2019 10:02 am
Francee89 wrote: Mon Mar 18, 2019 9:12 am

I mean, if we’re considering hinged vs. unhinged here, a daughter speaking up to defend her recently deceased father seems a lot more normal than the President spending the weekend on tweetstorms that include several attacking a dead political enemy.
I suppose if someone wishes to make those comparisons they can.

Then again, that daughter speaks up to defend at the slightest bit of provocation & heaven forbid a critique of her late dad.

She needs to understand that while she's seeing dad as just that...her late father whom she loved and respected greatly...the relationships he shared w/fellow members of Congress were not the same and in fact, John McCain had political enemies outside of the POTUS.

I stand by what I've written: I think she needs some type of grief counseling if she isn't seeking it now.
It’s a fair comparison when there’s two parties in this situation - one a daughter speaking up in defence of her father, and one the President spending the weekend attacking a dead man. One seems decidedly more normal than the other.

I’m sure John McCain made plenty of enemies and had plenty of feuds with other politicians over the years. However, none of those people have spent the weekend (or any other time) tweeting out insults about him. Melania’s #BeBest initiative seems to be working!

Do you think it’s normal or indicative of being polite and classy for the President to be attacking a dead man on Twitter when there are literally thousands of more pressing things he could be dealing with? Should he seek some sort of mental help for the compulsion to do that?
Quite a few people are now coming forward with their own critiques of John McCain.

I don't believe that it's polite nor classy for anyone to go on the attack (we see it in HERE practically daily) on any type of social media forum. It's not necessary and indicative of a desperate need on the part of those who DO attack to get their heads out of their asses and learn how to converse like adults.

The President has been wrong and has made some VERY cringe-worthy comments. He needs to learn (I've written this numerous times in here) to shine on the critiques and even baits he receives daily on Twitter and other social media forums.

Hell, he needs to stay OFF of social media as much as possible.

We can't always (as a society) do the knee-jerk response of "do they need mental help" when someone behaves as he does. Reason being, he would not stand alone in that need if it were true.

Sometimes people just react as they choose to, whether or not we think they should. Sometimes people are shitty in their behavior. Sometimes people don't care what others feel about HOW they approach things, Trump (again) not being an exception to this. Again, look at some of the women who post here and formerly did on the old CM?

Trump has always had a braggart, arrogant, ready-to-fight attitude. That's not an excuse from me and honestly, those are three traits I cannot stand in anyone, and one of a dozen reasons why I didn't vote for him in 2016.

Decorum, tact, eloquence...these are not three things I would describe Trump as in situations like this. Should he learn all three? Yes, but again, he's not alone.
Deleted User 203

Unread post

SouthernIslander wrote: Mon Mar 18, 2019 2:24 pm
AZLizardLady wrote: Mon Mar 18, 2019 12:24 pm
SouthernIslander wrote: Mon Mar 18, 2019 11:26 am

She simply responded to Trump’s comment about her deceased father. I can understand if she spammed Trump’s mentions with multiple tweets cursing him out or something extreme. But nothing she said reads unhinged or over reacting.
Whether or not she comes unhinged is, without a doubt, a matter of opinion.

She tends to become so IMO.
What did she say in this tweet that you consider unhinged?
"Unhinged" (IMO, though I am sure someone will give me the online Webster's definition or link to it) does not necessarily mean going off the rails, pulling your own hair, and foaming at the mouth.

Meghan McCain does not like the President. Period. She doesn't like his family, and has had a lot to say about all.

Fair enough, I suppose.

However, is this going to continue every single time she reads/hears about a critique of her late father...a reaction from her where she combats insults with insults? "Unhinged," in my opinion, is her knee-jerk reaction TO always fight back when it comes to critiques of her dad. Does she not realize that President Trump isn't the only one who has criticism of her dad (and some of it quite justified)? Will she continue to fight everyone, using her platform on The View to do so?

Her father was not liked politically by all. In fact, many who are now criticizing the President for HIS unnecessary comments and criticisms of John McCain are some of the harshest critics of the late John McCain in the past.

Did Meghan McCain honestly expect THIS President to take the news that her late father had been more involved in that now famous dossier lying down? Was she not prepared for Trump's reaction?

Don't get me wrong...I detest the way Trump has handled this though if speculations prove to be true on MANY aspects of this dossier, I cannot blame Trump for his anger. Just his reactions NOW.
SouthernIslander
Queen Mother
Queen Mother

Unread post

AZLizardLady wrote: Thu Mar 21, 2019 10:11 am
AZLizardLady wrote: Mon Mar 18, 2019 12:24 pm

Whether or not she comes unhinged is, without a doubt, a matter of opinion.

She tends to become so IMO.
"Unhinged" (IMO, though I am sure someone will give me the online Webster's definition or link to it) does not necessarily mean going off the rails, pulling your own hair, and foaming at the mouth.

Meghan McCain does not like the President. Period. She doesn't like his family, and has had a lot to say about all.

Fair enough, I suppose.

However, is this going to continue every single time she reads/hears about a critique of her late father...a reaction from her where she combats insults with insults? "Unhinged," in my opinion, is her knee-jerk reaction TO always fight back when it comes to critiques of her dad. Does she not realize that President Trump isn't the only one who has criticism of her dad (and some of it quite justified)? Will she continue to fight everyone, using her platform on The View to do so?

Her father was not liked politically by all. In fact, many who are now criticizing the President for HIS unnecessary comments and criticisms of John McCain are some of the harshest critics of the late John McCain in the past.

Did Meghan McCain honestly expect THIS President to take the news that her late father had been more involved in that now famous dossier lying down? Was she not prepared for Trump's reaction?

Don't get me wrong...I detest the way Trump has handled this though if speculations prove to be true on MANY aspects of this dossier, I cannot blame Trump for his anger. Just his reactions NOW.
McCain was highly reguarded ..at least in the conservative south when he ran against Obama. Some liberals are also guilty of bashing him unfairly during that election and are all of a sudden fans now that he disliked Trump.

So I have to disagree that he was politically disliked as both parties were guilty of seeing the good in him when it serves their political purpose.

I didn’t vote for him or agree with him politically but that wasn’t right IMO.

Yes, unhinged by definition is going off the rails and she hasn’t done that. Also, the first year of grief can be the hardest, so I can’t fault her for being defensive.

I’ve always respected you as a poster so ofcourse we can agree to disagree but I don’t think unhinged is the right description for her. It’s fair to say that if Trump wants her to keep his name out of her mouth, he should keep John McCain out of his.
Della
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Aletheia wrote: Sun Mar 17, 2019 3:41 am
water<wine wrote: Sat Mar 16, 2019 11:40 pm the left hated him until Trump.
No, but they did despise Palin.
I'm a republican and I despised Palin, lol.
306/232

But I'm still the winner! They lied! They cheated! They stole the election!
Deleted User 276

Unread post

AZLizardLady wrote: Mon Mar 18, 2019 1:36 am I sincerely hope she's in some type of grief counseling.

I get it...she loved her dad. But not everyone did. That's politics and I have to wonder if John McCain were still alive, if he wouldn't tell her to pull back on the throttle a little?

It's at the point where you wait for her to make yet another unhinged comment.
I didn't find her tweet "unhinged" at all but rather normal coming from a grieving daughter. I didn't find Cindy McCain's tweet about the vile message she received on FB or the multitude of posts from republicans and democrats criticizing Trump's tweets about McCain unhinged. I didn't even find Trump's initial negative tweets about McCain unhinged (but did find them juvenile and petty). I DID find Trump's 5 minute rant about McCain at yesterday's rally in Ohio completely unhinged. My first thought upon hearing it was that George Conway may have a valid point.
Billie.jeens
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

SouthernIslander wrote: Thu Mar 21, 2019 10:35 am

Fair enough, I suppose.

McCain was highly reguarded ..at least in the conservative south when he ran against Obama. Some liberals are also guilty of bashing him unfairly during that election and are all of a sudden fans now that he disliked Trump.

So I have to disagree that he was politically disliked as both parties were guilty of seeing the good in him when it serves their political purpose.

Yes, unhinged by definition is going off the rails and she hasn’t done that. Also, the first year of grief can be the hardest, so I can’t fault her for being defensive.

I’ve always respected you as a poster so ofcourse we can agree to disagree but I don’t think unhinged is the right description for her. It’s fair to say that if Trump wants her to keep his name out of her mouth, he should keep John McCain out of his.
“Modern journalism is all about deciding which facts the public shouldn’t know because they might reflect badly on Democrats."
Libbylu2
Regent
Regent

Unread post

SouthernIslander wrote: Thu Mar 21, 2019 10:35 am

Fair enough, I suppose.

I am a Democrat ( but a Republican until Nixon) who all along said I’d vote for McCain 2008. However when he named Palin as his VP, I became unsure of my loyalty to him.

Maybe I was loyal because of his values , his politics, and because he was a POW during the Vietnam war (and we knew two POW’s while we were an Air Force family.)
Anyway, I don’t think she is “unhinged” at all.
She’s suffering and she has every right to despise everything Trump has said about her father for YEARS! The latest crap he spewed about John McCain was the straw that broke the camels back , so to speak.
I say she should keep it going— criticize and slam him all she wants.
Francee89
Regent
Regent

Unread post

AZLizardLady wrote: Thu Mar 21, 2019 10:01 am
Francee89 wrote: Mon Mar 18, 2019 10:44 am

Then again, that daughter speaks up to defend at the slightest bit of provocation & heaven forbid a critique of her late dad.

She needs to understand that while she's seeing dad as just that...her late father whom she loved and respected greatly...the relationships he shared w/fellow members of Congress were not the same and in fact, John McCain had political enemies outside of the POTUS.

I stand by what I've written: I think she needs some type of grief counseling if she isn't seeking it now.
It’s a fair comparison when there’s two parties in this situation - one a daughter speaking up in defence of her father, and one the President spending the weekend attacking a dead man. One seems decidedly more normal than the other.

I’m sure John McCain made plenty of enemies and had plenty of feuds with other politicians over the years. However, none of those people have spent the weekend (or any other time) tweeting out insults about him. Melania’s #BeBest initiative seems to be working!

Do you think it’s normal or indicative of being polite and classy for the President to be attacking a dead man on Twitter when there are literally thousands of more pressing things he could be dealing with? Should he seek some sort of mental help for the compulsion to do that?
Quite a few people are now coming forward with their own critiques of John McCain.

I don't believe that it's polite nor classy for anyone to go on the attack (we see it in HERE practically daily) on any type of social media forum. It's not necessary and indicative of a desperate need on the part of those who DO attack to get their heads out of their asses and learn how to converse like adults.

The President has been wrong and has made some VERY cringe-worthy comments. He needs to learn (I've written this numerous times in here) to shine on the critiques and even baits he receives daily on Twitter and other social media forums.

Hell, he needs to stay OFF of social media as much as possible.

We can't always (as a society) do the knee-jerk response of "do they need mental help" when someone behaves as he does. Reason being, he would not stand alone in that need if it were true.

Sometimes people just react as they choose to, whether or not we think they should. Sometimes people are shitty in their behavior. Sometimes people don't care what others feel about HOW they approach things, Trump (again) not being an exception to this. Again, look at some of the women who post here and formerly did on the old CM?

Trump has always had a braggart, arrogant, ready-to-fight attitude. That's not an excuse from me and honestly, those are three traits I cannot stand in anyone, and one of a dozen reasons why I didn't vote for him in 2016.

Decorum, tact, eloquence...these are not three things I would describe Trump as in situations like this. Should he learn all three? Yes, but again, he's not alone.
I don’t think critiques of John McCain’s policies, in an appropriate setting, are unwarranted. Trump has decided to lie about McCain’s record on veterans, single him out for attacks on healthcare (he never says anything to Collins and Murkowski) and personally attack him further with lies about being the last in his class...seemingly out of nowhere. And that’s after he disrespected McCain/POWs in general while he was alive. So I don’t think Meghan - who I’m not even a fan of - seems particularly unhinged here.

If you can’t say he needs mental help for acting like he does, speaking like he does and tweeting like he does, how can you say Meghan needs counselling and seems unhinged?

He might not be alone in being poorly behaved, but the complete and utter spinelessness of elected Republicans and his supporters to call him out (by name) when he’s acting like a tactless boar devoid of compassion is disturbing, particularly when in this case it’s about someone who was their friend and colleague.
Della
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Francee89 wrote: Mon Mar 18, 2019 9:12 am
AZLizardLady wrote: Mon Mar 18, 2019 1:36 am I sincerely hope she's in some type of grief counseling.

I get it...she loved her dad. But not everyone did. That's politics and I have to wonder if John McCain were still alive, if he wouldn't tell her to pull back on the throttle a little?

It's at the point where you wait for her to make yet another unhinged comment.
I mean, if we’re considering hinged vs. unhinged here, a daughter speaking up to defend her recently deceased father seems a lot more normal than the President spending the weekend on tweetstorms that include several attacking a dead political enemy.

What was unhinged about her comment?
306/232

Della
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Billie.jeens wrote: Mon Mar 18, 2019 10:52 am Judge unseals portions of Christopher Steele’s deposition in dossier lawsuit; reveals John McCain chosen as conduit -

That happened on Thursday -

Nonbubble people already knew that -

The bubble people didn't and would never have known.

So President Trump tweeted about it.

That is the genius way that President Trump gets around the Democratic Media.
Five search engine pages of nothing but right wing REAL REPUBLICANS, LMAO!
306/232

Locked Previous topicNext topic