Meghan McCain tells Trump “No one will ever love you like they loved my father” in response to tweet bashing John McCain

Forum rules
Keep News and Politics about News and Politics.

Do not post full articles from other websites. Always link back to the source

Discuss things respectfully and take into account that each person has a different opinion.

Remember that this is a place for everyone to enjoy. Don’t try and run people off of the site. If you are upset with someone then utilize the foe feature.

Report when things come up.

Personal attacks are against guidelines however attacks need to be directed at a member on the forum for it to be against guidelines. Lying is not against guidelines, it’s hard for us to prove someone even did lie.

Once a topic is locked we consider the issue handled and no longer respond to new reports on the topic.
BionicBunny
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

I seriously wish that damn man would stay the hell off Twitter!
Billie.jeens
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

Meghan MCCain took a swipe at Trump suggesting “no one will ever love you like they loved my father” WRONG Meghan!
Millions of Americans truly LOVE President Trump, not McCain. I’m one!
We hated McCain for his ties to the Russian dossier & his vote against repealing Obamacare
— Lori Hendry (@Lrihendry) March 17, 2019
“Modern journalism is all about deciding which facts the public shouldn’t know because they might reflect badly on Democrats."
SouthernIslander
Queen Mother
Queen Mother

Unread post

AZLizardLady wrote: Mon Mar 18, 2019 10:02 am
Francee89 wrote: Mon Mar 18, 2019 9:12 am
AZLizardLady wrote: Mon Mar 18, 2019 1:36 am I sincerely hope she's in some type of grief counseling.

I get it...she loved her dad. But not everyone did. That's politics and I have to wonder if John McCain were still alive, if he wouldn't tell her to pull back on the throttle a little?

It's at the point where you wait for her to make yet another unhinged comment.
I mean, if we’re considering hinged vs. unhinged here, a daughter speaking up to defend her recently deceased father seems a lot more normal than the President spending the weekend on tweetstorms that include several attacking a dead political enemy.
I suppose if someone wishes to make those comparisons they can.

Then again, that daughter speaks up to defend at the slightest bit of provocation & heaven forbid a critique of her late dad.

She needs to understand that while she's seeing dad as just that...her late father whom she loved and respected greatly...the relationships he shared w/fellow members of Congress were not the same and in fact, John McCain had political enemies outside of the POTUS.

I stand by what I've written: I think she needs some type of grief counseling if she isn't seeking it now.
She simply responded to Trump’s comment about her deceased father. I can understand if she spammed Trump’s mentions with multiple tweets cursing him out or something extreme. But nothing she said reads unhinged or over reacting.
Deleted User 203

Unread post

Francee89 wrote: Mon Mar 18, 2019 10:44 am

I mean, if we’re considering hinged vs. unhinged here, a daughter speaking up to defend her recently deceased father seems a lot more normal than the President spending the weekend on tweetstorms that include several attacking a dead political enemy.

Then again, that daughter speaks up to defend at the slightest bit of provocation & heaven forbid a critique of her late dad.

She needs to understand that while she's seeing dad as just that...her late father whom she loved and respected greatly...the relationships he shared w/fellow members of Congress were not the same and in fact, John McCain had political enemies outside of the POTUS.

I stand by what I've written: I think she needs some type of grief counseling if she isn't seeking it now.
It’s a fair comparison when there’s two parties in this situation - one a daughter speaking up in defence of her father, and one the President spending the weekend attacking a dead man. One seems decidedly more normal than the other.

I’m sure John McCain made plenty of enemies and had plenty of feuds with other politicians over the years. However, none of those people have spent the weekend (or any other time) tweeting out insults about him. Melania’s #BeBest initiative seems to be working!

Do you think it’s normal or indicative of being polite and classy for the President to be attacking a dead man on Twitter when there are literally thousands of more pressing things he could be dealing with? Should he seek some sort of mental help for the compulsion to do that?
I don't believe he should be attacking ANYONE and I've had this issue with him personally (among other issues I have w/him) since pretty much his entire presidency and before--the man does not think before speaking, writing/tweeting, etc.

Then again, about the "thousands more pressing things," there are other politicians who equally have those things to be dealing with yet they're one note, tunnel visioned on their own personal agendas, and seem to only have their own goals in mind vs that of the people who voted for them.

AOC went after former POTUS Reagan..a man she couldn't possibly have known too much about given his time in office and as a politician was before her time yet, there she's been, "attacking" him (so to speak, and having clearly not "done" her own "homework"), and this is equally not OK.

It's no longer about any of us...the people who voted these morons into office. One thing that Trump got right is that DC is a swamp that is in desperate need of draining, including bringing a few of the n00bs with it.
Deleted User 203

Unread post

SouthernIslander wrote: Mon Mar 18, 2019 11:26 am

She simply responded to Trump’s comment about her deceased father. I can understand if she spammed Trump’s mentions with multiple tweets cursing him out or something extreme. But nothing she said reads unhinged or over reacting.
Whether or not she comes unhinged is, without a doubt, a matter of opinion.

She tends to become so IMO.
Francee89
Regent
Regent

Unread post

AZLizardLady wrote: Mon Mar 18, 2019 12:23 pm
Francee89 wrote: Mon Mar 18, 2019 10:44 am

It’s a fair comparison when there’s two parties in this situation - one a daughter speaking up in defence of her father, and one the President spending the weekend attacking a dead man. One seems decidedly more normal than the other.

I’m sure John McCain made plenty of enemies and had plenty of feuds with other politicians over the years. However, none of those people have spent the weekend (or any other time) tweeting out insults about him. Melania’s #BeBest initiative seems to be working!

Do you think it’s normal or indicative of being polite and classy for the President to be attacking a dead man on Twitter when there are literally thousands of more pressing things he could be dealing with? Should he seek some sort of mental help for the compulsion to do that?
I don't believe he should be attacking ANYONE and I've had this issue with him personally (among other issues I have w/him) since pretty much his entire presidency and before--the man does not think before speaking, writing/tweeting, etc.

Then again, about the "thousands more pressing things," there are other politicians who equally have those things to be dealing with yet they're one note, tunnel visioned on their own personal agendas, and seem to only have their own goals in mind vs that of the people who voted for them.

AOC went after former POTUS Reagan..a man she couldn't possibly have known too much about given his time in office and as a politician was before her time yet, there she's been, "attacking" him (so to speak, and having clearly not "done" her own "homework"), and this is equally not OK.

It's no longer about any of us...the people who voted these morons into office. One thing that Trump got right is that DC is a swamp that is in desperate need of draining, including bringing a few of the n00bs with it.
Given his Republican approval ratings, clearly a very large portion don’t particularly care that he’s in his mid-70s but can’t resist compulsively lying and attacking people via tweet.

Tunnel visioned on a political agenda is at least tunnel visioned on something more important and pertinent than personal grievances with a dead man, Saturday Night Live and Fox News staffing decisions.

She attacked the “welfare queen” trope that was used in the 1980s as a racist caricature. She didn’t call him a racist. Whether she’s right or wrong about that is certainly a matter of debate, but she wasn’t personally attacking him about, say, his college grades.

He might have called DC a swamp, but he’s not done a single thing to drain it. He’s hired a Cabinet and senior staff full of swamp creatures.
SouthernIslander
Queen Mother
Queen Mother

Unread post

AZLizardLady wrote: Mon Mar 18, 2019 12:24 pm
SouthernIslander wrote: Mon Mar 18, 2019 11:26 am

Whether or not she comes unhinged is, without a doubt, a matter of opinion.

She tends to become so IMO.
What did she say in this tweet that you consider unhinged?
BionicBunny
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

Oh for Pete’s sake. She didn’t come unhinged. Tell me none of you would stand up for your loved deceased parent.
Lexy
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

I wonder if she really realizes how many people actually disliked her father and it really had nothing to do with Trump.
Deleted User 1186

Unread post

McCain: " I like presidents who don't hire hookers to piss on beds."

:D
Locked Previous topicNext topic