Something I dont understand

Libbylu2
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Whoa whoa whoa
You have missed all the mean, nasty posts from moms bashing their in-laws!
So pay attention.
QuantumNursing wrote: Sat Mar 16, 2019 8:55 pm
Libbylu2 wrote: Sat Mar 16, 2019 8:44 pm
Anonymous 1 wrote: Sat Mar 16, 2019 7:22 pm

In laws often can't win if they go on vacation a few weeks later they don't care but I bet if the in laws came around to help out she would be complaining they were smothering her and the baby.
I’ve never seen so many nasty , picky and harsh women as here ( and at the old CM)
They find reasons to bash In-laws and parents and seem threatened by them.
They just don’t know how to care about people other than themselves.

Woah,woah....I haven't seen many people bash their in laws. I have seen moms set boundaries and there is nothing wrong with that..Call before coming over.no visitors at the hospital,vaccinations up to date...Those I have seen,no sleeping at your home, nuclear family only at Christmas? Nothing wrong with any of those boundaries. But hitching because your in laws are going vacation around your due date is just too much.
Libbylu2
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Whoa whoa whoa
You have missed all the mean, nasty posts from moms bashing their in-laws!
So pay attention.
QuantumNursing wrote: Sat Mar 16, 2019 8:55 pm
Libbylu2 wrote: Sat Mar 16, 2019 8:44 pm
Anonymous 1 wrote: Sat Mar 16, 2019 7:22 pm

In laws often can't win if they go on vacation a few weeks later they don't care but I bet if the in laws came around to help out she would be complaining they were smothering her and the baby.
I’ve never seen so many nasty , picky and harsh women as here ( and at the old CM)
They find reasons to bash In-laws and parents and seem threatened by them.
They just don’t know how to care about people other than themselves.

Woah,woah....I haven't seen many people bash their in laws. I have seen moms set boundaries and there is nothing wrong with that..Call before coming over.no visitors at the hospital,vaccinations up to date...Those I have seen,no sleeping at your home, nuclear family only at Christmas? Nothing wrong with any of those boundaries. But hitching because your in laws are going vacation around your due date is just too much.
Deleted User 670

Unread post

Is she expecting the inlaws to wait on her hand and foot and feed her grapes then or something? Is she expecting not to have the baby by then? It was just me and my husband and we did fine with our daughter all by ourselves.
thunderkiss65
Regent
Regent

Unread post

I've learned that there are some people out there who dont like to be happy. They will search the world over to find something to complain about, and when they can't find anything, they resort to digging things up from nowhereville. I can't exactly put my finger on what their hang up is, but it must be some kind of disease of the mind. 🤷‍♀️
RedBottoms

Unread post

I would be fine with that. If they are on vacation it means they are not up my butt bothering me during post partum time
RedBottoms

Unread post

CandTmom wrote: Sat Mar 16, 2019 7:30 pm
Anonymous 3 wrote: Sat Mar 16, 2019 7:27 pm The only way I might be upset about them going away would be if MIL had promised to help me with the baby and I had been depending on that help. But that would never happen in my case because I wouldn't be asking for help. I loved being left alone in the days immediately following the births of my kids.
I've never understood needing help with a baby.
really? Not all babies are the same. A baby with colic or reflux or a preemie or a special needs child will cry 24/7 pretty much. A mother that had a c section or tore really badly may not be able to barely even move. A single mother with no father around.

A woman that is trying to breastfeed or pump but its not going well.

I was trying to pump because my babies were not nursing probably due to prematurity. They had a weak suck. So I was trying to feed two babies and change two babies and still have time to pump and my flow was bad so pumping took like 45 minutes. DS 2 had reflux so he was constantly soaking everyone and everything in spit up and constantly crying.

You don't understand why I would have wanted some help?
RedBottoms

Unread post

Rebeccaraev2 wrote: Sat Mar 16, 2019 7:36 pm
CandTmom wrote: Sat Mar 16, 2019 7:30 pm
Anonymous 3 wrote: Sat Mar 16, 2019 7:27 pm The only way I might be upset about them going away would be if MIL had promised to help me with the baby and I had been depending on that help. But that would never happen in my case because I wouldn't be asking for help. I loved being left alone in the days immediately following the births of my kids.
I've never understood needing help with a baby.
Same. Multiples I guess I could understand, that's a handful. A regular birth and singleton though? Not really. I had a friend try to schedule her own meal train and mothers help for the weeks following the birth of her second. No one signed up.
maybe this is why people like me. I always bring a meal to a new mother. I don't care if its just one easy baby. I also offer to take her older kids out to the park or something to entertain them for her for several hours. I also offer to run to the store for her if she needs anything.
That'swhatshesaid
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Is it her first pregnancy? She's probably one of those annoying women who think they're the only woman in the world to ever have a baby.
LuckyEightWow
Donated
Donated
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

She pregnant, pregnancy can do weird things to women, and the hormones can really mess with some of them.

She probably had a vision of what having the baby and the following days, weeks were gonna be like, and it’s not entitlement to be upset when that is crushed. I’m not saying she’s right, but that doesn’t make her hurt feelings any less real, or important.
Anonymous 4

Unread post

Some just feel very entitled.
Locked Previous topicNext topic