#NebraskaStrong

Forum rules
Keep News and Politics about News and Politics.

Do not post full articles from other websites. Always link back to the source

Discuss things respectfully and take into account that each person has a different opinion.

Remember that this is a place for everyone to enjoy. Don’t try and run people off of the site. If you are upset with someone then utilize the foe feature.

Report when things come up.

Personal attacks are against guidelines however attacks need to be directed at a member on the forum for it to be against guidelines. Lying is not against guidelines, it’s hard for us to prove someone even did lie.

Once a topic is locked we consider the issue handled and no longer respond to new reports on the topic.
AllofFive19
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Http://www.nbcnews.com/news/amp/ncna984086
"Authorities were using boats and large vehicles on Saturday to rescue and evacuate residents in parts of the Midwest where a recent deluge of rainwater and snowmelt was sent pouring over frozen ground, overwhelming creeks and rivers, and killing at least one person."

The one person killed was on Thursday when this started, and people were rescued by boat even then.
“Don’t let yesterday take up too much of today.” – Will Rogers
Libbylu2
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Yep
This sounds like us in Minnesota too
This has been a horrible winter and beginning of spring. 🙁
Poietes
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Northern S.D and ND they had record blizzards. Look up “rancher digs his cattle out of snow”. Southern S.D. we had record rain fall with snow melt and horrible floods. We were blessed we didn’t get to much at our house but my yard was a lake last week. Literally. People could get home or leave home for days.

But poor Nebraska and Iowa. All the extra water we got is rushing down the Missouri and adding to their extra. Dh has a lot of relative there. It’s so sad. Then the Niobrara dam breaking... Its just horrible for them.

But you know we are just fly over country. There is so many more important news stories to cover. Like rich people spending their money to cheat their kids way into school. Who cares about the little guy. Here in the Midwest we’ve always pulled ourselves up and helped our neighbors out.
”Just because you can doesn’t mean you should.”
Della
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Poietes wrote: Sun Mar 17, 2019 9:03 am Northern S.D and ND they had record blizzards. Look up “rancher digs his cattle out of snow”. Southern S.D. we had record rain fall with snow melt and horrible floods. We were blessed we didn’t get to much at our house but my yard was a lake last week. Literally. People could get home or leave home for days.

But poor Nebraska and Iowa. All the extra water we got is rushing down the Missouri and adding to their extra. Dh has a lot of relative there. It’s so sad. Then the Niobrara dam breaking... Its just horrible for them.

But you know we are just fly over country. There is so many more important news stories to cover. Like rich people spending their money to cheat their kids way into school. Who cares about the little guy. Here in the Midwest we’ve always pulled ourselves up and helped our neighbors out.
I want to visit the Dakotas (and Montana and Wyoming) soooooo much. My oldest dd lives in central Iowa, but hasn't mentioned anything :(

I adore fly-over country!
306/232

But I'm still the winner! They lied! They cheated! They stole the election!
Poietes
Regent
Regent

Unread post

CockatooCrazyColt529 wrote: Sun Mar 17, 2019 9:11 am
Poietes wrote: Sun Mar 17, 2019 9:03 am Northern S.D and ND they had record blizzards. Look up “rancher digs his cattle out of snow”. Southern S.D. we had record rain fall with snow melt and horrible floods. We were blessed we didn’t get to much at our house but my yard was a lake last week. Literally. People could get home or leave home for days.

I want to visit the Dakotas (and Montana and Wyoming) soooooo much. My oldest dd lives in central Iowa, but hasn't mentioned anything :(

I adore fly-over country!
It’s pretty great here. The worst parts in Iowa right now are along the Missouri River which is on the western border. I love Montana and Wyoming especially in the summer. There is so much history and raw beauty. And so much variety. Some would find it boring, it’s very peaceful.
”Just because you can doesn’t mean you should.”
Deleted User 276

Unread post

I have been following the flooding and it's devastating.
AllofFive19
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Libbylu2 wrote: Sun Mar 17, 2019 8:43 am Yep
This sounds like us in Minnesota too
This has been a horrible winter and beginning of spring. 🙁
Yes, you guys stay safe.
AllofFive19
Regent
Regent

Unread post

I actually read about that story on FB. We may be little, but when we pull together we are awesome.
Locked Previous topicNext topic