Washington Senate passes bill that would keep Trump off 2020 ballot unless he releases tax returns

Forum rules
Keep News and Politics about News and Politics.

Do not post full articles from other websites. Always link back to the source

Discuss things respectfully and take into account that each person has a different opinion.

Remember that this is a place for everyone to enjoy. Don’t try and run people off of the site. If you are upset with someone then utilize the foe feature.

Report when things come up.

Personal attacks are against guidelines however attacks need to be directed at a member on the forum for it to be against guidelines. Lying is not against guidelines, it’s hard for us to prove someone even did lie.

Once a topic is locked we consider the issue handled and no longer respond to new reports on the topic.
Deleted User 473

Unread post

Washington's state Senate passed a bill this week that would drop President Trump from the state's 2020 presidential ballot until he releases his tax returns.

The bill, which advanced Tuesday to the state's House of Representatives, according to CBS News, would require any candidate on the ballot for president in the state to release five years of tax returns before appearing in a general or primary election.
https://thehill.com/homenews/state-watc ... 020-ballot
Deleted User 1186

Unread post

The funniest thing is that there is a scenario, albeit unlikely, that the ONLY reason Trump doesn't want anyone to see his returns is because he is simply not as wealthy as he claims to be. Obviously, the more likely case is that the returns are a road map of criminality. But I digress
Deleted User 670

Unread post

Maybe we can get a landslide passage, state by state forcing IQ45 to release his tax returns just to get on the ballot.
Quorra2.0
Regent
Regent

Unread post

I really don’t think that would be effective in keeping Trump off the ballot and think the probability of finding something criminal in the returns low. Even as arrogant as Trump is, with all the constant negative scrutiny I’d be seriously shocked if his tax returns filed during his presidency weren’t on the up and up. So by the time he had to produce those returns he’d have, what, 3 returns done during his presidency which means only 2 not filed during his presidency. Not to mention IF he WAS audited, since we’ve heard of nothing coming from that audit depending on which year(s) he was audited that could be at least 1 more return without evidence of criminal wrong doing.

As to the unlikely scenario that he’s not worth what he claims he is, with his claims about his education, that wouldn’t actually surprise me as there had, on average, been about a $6-7billion difference between what Trump claimed his net worth was and what sources such as Forbes had estimated his net worth as being around the time of the last presidential election.
Locked Previous topicNext topic