Chelsea Clinton confronted at NYU vigil for mosque victims over her remarks about Omar

Forum rules
Keep News and Politics about News and Politics.

Do not post full articles from other websites. Always link back to the source

Discuss things respectfully and take into account that each person has a different opinion.

Remember that this is a place for everyone to enjoy. Don’t try and run people off of the site. If you are upset with someone then utilize the foe feature.

Report when things come up.

Personal attacks are against guidelines however attacks need to be directed at a member on the forum for it to be against guidelines. Lying is not against guidelines, it’s hard for us to prove someone even did lie.

Once a topic is locked we consider the issue handled and no longer respond to new reports on the topic.
Lexy
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

Chelsea Clinton received an earful in New York City on Friday night from a college student who said the former first daughter "stoked" the hatred behind the massacre earlier in the day in Christchurch, New Zealand.

It happened at a vigil on the New York University campus for the 49 people killed and dozens of others wounded in the attack.

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/chelse ... about-omar
Deleted User 473

Unread post

Trump Jr. defends Chelsea Clinton after confrontation at vigil for New Zealand attacks

“It’s sickening to see people blame @ChelseaClinton for the NZ attacks because she spoke out against anti-Semitism,” the president’s eldest son wrote on Twitter.

“We should all be condemning anti-Semitism & all forms of hate. Chelsea should be praised for speaking up. Anyone who doesn’t understand this is part of the problem,” he added.
https://thehill.com/blogs/blog-briefing ... n-at-vigil
Deleted User 1039

Unread post

I read that story a few times this morning. Truthfully, that’s not a storyline I followed at all, so maybe that’s why I’m so confused. But the tweet of Chelsea’s that they kept quoting seemed pretty benign to me, and I don’t really understand the connection.

I also got a chuckle from Fox’s “reporting” style, as I always do. I just have a hard time imagining how dim witted someone would have to be to take them seriously!
Lexy
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

Mother_of_Dragons wrote: Sat Mar 16, 2019 10:13 pm
Trump Jr. defends Chelsea Clinton after confrontation at vigil for New Zealand attacks

“It’s sickening to see people blame @ChelseaClinton for the NZ attacks because she spoke out against anti-Semitism,” the president’s eldest son wrote on Twitter.

“We should all be condemning anti-Semitism & all forms of hate. Chelsea should be praised for speaking up. Anyone who doesn’t understand this is part of the problem,” he added.
https://thehill.com/blogs/blog-briefing ... n-at-vigil
I was just going to post the article.
Deleted User 276

Unread post

Clinton shouldn't have been confronted but at the same time, I'm willing to give some grace to someone who is so obviously suffering. Hopefully in the light of day there will be leveler heads.

ETA - I thought Clinton handled it beautifully.
29again
Regent
Regent

Unread post

I really hate having to defend a Clinton, but I don't see where Chelsea did anything wrong. Her tweet the other day had nothing whatsoever to do with what a psychopath in NZ did.
Expand your thinking

It’s possible to disagree with an article and not respond with a personal attack you know.
Try it.
Lexy
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

Lexy
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

NYU must be proud of these illogical students.
Libbylu2
Regent
Regent

Unread post

msb64 wrote: Sat Mar 16, 2019 10:37 pm Clinton shouldn't have been confronted but at the same time, I'm willing to give some grace to someone who is so obviously suffering. Hopefully in the light of day there will be leveler heads.

ETA - I thought Clinton handled it beautifully.
I agree. She handles everything beautifully.
Lexy
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

29again wrote: Sat Mar 16, 2019 10:42 pm I really hate having to defend a Clinton, but I don't see where Chelsea did anything wrong. Her tweet the other day had nothing whatsoever to do with what a psychopath in NZ did.
This is wrong they are BULLYING her saying horrible things and no respect for the fact that she is pregnant as well!
Locked Previous topicNext topic