Do you think they are different?

Hot4Tchr-Bieg
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

Anonymous 4 wrote: Sat Mar 16, 2019 2:17 pm
carterscutie85 wrote: Sat Mar 16, 2019 1:17 pm I think a person is a person and if they need help they should get it. Children should come first obvs and I wouldn't support murderers, etc getting help before anyone but my goodness I can't imagine looking at someone and saying "Well, you just have to starve because we need to feed people who had the sheer dumb luck to be born here first." If you were born here you did nothing to earn your privilege. You.Got.Lucky.
And some if not most were born here because our grandparents or great grandparents (or however many decendants back )immigrated LEGALLY instead of crawling through a tunnel, climbing under or over a wall or swimming here.
The illegals chose to bring their kids here illegally or chose to give birth here so their kids would be here legally. Its their responsibility to feed these kids not Americans because those illegals kids were born here by sheer dumb luck because their illegal parents made it into the country without getting caught.
I don't think you understand how immigration worked for our grandparents and great grandparents. Up until about 1932, all you had to do was show up and not be tubercular to be welcome here. And it wasn't until the fifties that things like quotas started. Today, the bureaucracy is such that it's LOADS easier and WAY less expensive to come illegally. There's really no point in comparing then and now.
Don't text while driving. Don''t text while stopped at stop signs and traffic lights. You're not a four year old...exercise some self-control.
Anonymous 6

Unread post

I don't disagree with everything that you said. But I got lucky because my parents came here legally.
carterscutie85 wrote: Sat Mar 16, 2019 1:17 pm I think a person is a person and if they need help they should get it. Children should come first obvs and I wouldn't support murderers, etc getting help before anyone but my goodness I can't imagine looking at someone and saying "Well, you just have to starve because we need to feed people who had the sheer dumb luck to be born here first." If you were born here you did nothing to earn your privilege. You.Got.Lucky.
Anonymous 6

Unread post

I want no more for an illegal immigrant than I do for a citizen.
Deleted User 172

Unread post

I'm an immigrant. A naturalized immigrant that became a citizen the legal way when I was about 11.
I think people who want to come here should do it the legal way.
Deleted User 114

Unread post

Anonymous 3 wrote: Fri Mar 15, 2019 11:32 pmI think we should help citizens first then legal immigrants. Illegal immigrants should get sent back. If they want to come here they can do it the right way.
Linda_Runs
Donated
Donated
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Anonymous 4 wrote: Fri Mar 15, 2019 11:37 pm
Anonymous 1 wrote: Fri Mar 15, 2019 11:17 pm My MIL the other day went on a rant about illegal immigrants and how she was sick of them coming into our country and taking jobs and help away from her. She has the same exact stance on legal immigrants and thinks they are the same thing. She believes that we should take care of Americans befor anyone else not born here. Do you think they are different?
Illegals are not taking jobs from Americans. They do jobs that Americans wont do for the most part. But I do think we should stop letting them into the country until we get the ones that are here illegally....legalized completely or send them back until they can go through the process legally.
We should be taking care of our war veterans and homeless people before caring for people from other countries
We have a similar situation in Canada about immigrants and jobs. For the most part, they take jobs that Canadians won't take. There is a serious work shortage in many areas in Canada and guess who is taking the new lead? Immigrants! I don't have a problem with that. The problem is with our lazy millennials who won't take a job that has any difficulty.

But saying this, I also agree with you about veterans and homeless. We gave enough money to Middle East and African countries in one year alone to eradicate homelessness for 11 years. Charity does need to begin at home.
Anonymous 7

Unread post

tell her if she's SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOo concerned about it, go and get a job picking produce, cuz our country is running short, and prices are going up due to fields of it going rotten, -- thanks to people like her who have an attitude
Anonymous 7

Unread post

Dylexsmommy wrote: Sat Mar 16, 2019 8:21 pm I'm an immigrant. A naturalized immigrant that became a citizen the legal way when I was about 11.
I think people who want to come here should do it the legal way.
suppose their country won't allow them to do that, and they HAVE to escape in order to survive? Then what?
Olioxenfree
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Tell your MIL that if my immigrant parents are more qualified for a job than she is, that's her problem. SHe isn't entitled to a job because of where she was born, they worked for it, and they were hired for it. Immigrants, undocumented or not, are not "taking jobs and help" away from others. So your MIL wants to do backbreaking farm work or be a maid for under minimum wage? Because those are the top two jobs for undocumented immigrants. A human is a human. They are not less deserving of an opportunity to survive because of what side of the constantly moving assigned line they were born on.
RedBottoms

Unread post

Only people that can take issue with me are the actual Native Americans. Otherwise my ancestors were here before anyone else. My Uncle traced our lineage all the way to the American revolution. One of my ancestors fought in the American Revolution on the American side. So we obviously have been here a LONG butt time.

So it is what it is. Come through legally or don't come at all. If say I decided to move to Amsterdam-I would do so legally 100%. I would never presume to sneak in. That is absurd.
Locked Previous topicNext topic