Does this get on your nerves?

LuckyEightWow
Donated
Donated
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

Linda_Runs wrote: Sat Mar 16, 2019 7:12 pm
LuckyEightWow wrote: Sat Mar 16, 2019 12:22 pm My MIL and my 12 year old son. It’s exhausting lol
Your son sounds like my daughter.
He has full on conversations with himself. Sometimes they’re kind of funny haha
Anonymous 1

Unread post

CotterpinDoozer wrote: Sat Mar 16, 2019 7:51 pm I understand how it's exhausting to listen to someone give a long-winded story to something simple, or go on and on about nothing in particular.

Out of curiosity, is this an elderly person? I ask because I've known more than one older person who was alone a lot so they talked a lot when someone was with them.
No. She's in her 40's.
Anonymous 4

Unread post

The ones that repeat the same thing over and over and over irritate me beyond belief. Lately when they start on the second time around, i interrupt them and say ..I heard you the first time, no need to repeat that part, moving on, lol
Even doing that, within 10 minutes they try to start round 2 again. I get up and walk away.
CotterpinDoozer
Donated
Donated
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Anonymous 1 wrote: Sat Mar 16, 2019 8:06 pm
CotterpinDoozer wrote: Sat Mar 16, 2019 7:51 pm I understand how it's exhausting to listen to someone give a long-winded story to something simple, or go on and on about nothing in particular.

Out of curiosity, is this an elderly person? I ask because I've known more than one older person who was alone a lot so they talked a lot when someone was with them.
No. She's in her 40's.
Ah, no excuse then.
Anonymous 3

Unread post

You know now I've got to go find your response! :)
Valentina327 wrote: Sat Mar 16, 2019 7:47 pm
Anonymous 3 wrote: Sat Mar 16, 2019 6:37 pm And don't you just hate when you ask a simple YES or NO question and the person goes on for 20 minutes before (if ever) answering you?!!!

My DH is like that. After 20 years of marriage, now when I ask him a YES or NO question, if he starts off on a tangent, I stop him right in his tracks and say, "Wait! Please first answer my question. You can elaborate for 20 minutes AFTER you answer my question."
LOL
I posted a very similar rant!
Anonymous 3

Unread post

"Land the damn plane already!" I love it! :lol:
Valentina327 wrote: Sat Mar 16, 2019 2:45 pm Ugh...the people that it takes babbling for 20 solid minutes to communicate something that could be covered in one single sentence. Stop circling the airport and land the damn plane already! LOL
Anonymom*23/6/364
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Oh, yes it does.
Anonymous 3

Unread post

My first husband...his mother...God rest her soul...But man! It could take her a half hour to get to the point. But I think what was worse than her rambling was what my EX used to do when she did it!

The 3 of us would be sitting at the table. He'd ask her a question and she'd start in...When it became obvious to him that she wasn't going to get to the point anytime soon, he'd stand up, abruptly leave the room, and leave me behind...STUCK...having to listen to her go on...and on...and on...

I got wise to him doing that! The minute I'd see him begin to fidget in his seat, I popped out of MINE and left the room before he could beat me to it! :x

:lol:
Anonymous 1

Unread post

Anonymous 3 wrote: Sat Mar 16, 2019 9:03 pm My first husband...his mother...God rest her soul...But man! It could take her a half hour to get to the point. But I think what was worse than her rambling was what my EX used to do when she did it!

The 3 of us would be sitting at the table. He'd ask her a question and she'd start in...When it became obvious to him that she wasn't going to get to the point anytime soon, he'd stand up, abruptly leave the room, and leave me behind...STUCK...having to listen to her go on...and on...and on...

I got wise to him doing that! The minute I'd see him begin to fidget in his seat, I popped out of MINE and left the room before he could beat me to it! :x

This made me laugh!
I like the way you think.😂
Anonymous 3

Unread post

LOL. Sometimes, you just gotta be quicker than the other guy! :lol:
Anonymous 1 wrote: Sat Mar 16, 2019 10:21 pm
Anonymous 3 wrote: Sat Mar 16, 2019 9:03 pm My first husband...his mother...God rest her soul...But man! It could take her a half hour to get to the point. But I think what was worse than her rambling was what my EX used to do when she did it!

This made me laugh!
I like the way you think.😂
Locked Previous topicNext topic