Do you think they are different?

Msprekteacher
Regent
Regent

Unread post

I think your mother in law needs to crack open a history book. At one point or another our genealogy shows that there was immigration to America in our blood lines.

Further, the majority of jobs that the immigrants are taking are unskilled. If she wants to be a cleaner, or work in a farmers fields then tell her to apply at any farm, or any hotel and she will be hired.

Anonymous 1 wrote: Fri Mar 15, 2019 11:17 pm My MIL the other day went on a rant about illegal immigrants and how she was sick of them coming into our country and taking jobs and help away from her. She has the same exact stance on legal immigrants and thinks they are the same thing. She believes that we should take care of Americans befor anyone else not born here. Do you think they are different?
leadfoot40
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Anonymous 3 wrote: Fri Mar 15, 2019 11:32 pm I think we should help citizens first then legal immigrants. Illegal immigrants should get sent back. If they want to come here they can do it the right way.
Anonymous 4

Unread post

carterscutie85 wrote: Sat Mar 16, 2019 1:17 pm I think a person is a person and if they need help they should get it. Children should come first obvs and I wouldn't support murderers, etc getting help before anyone but my goodness I can't imagine looking at someone and saying "Well, you just have to starve because we need to feed people who had the sheer dumb luck to be born here first." If you were born here you did nothing to earn your privilege. You.Got.Lucky.
And some if not most were born here because our grandparents or great grandparents (or however many decendants back )immigrated LEGALLY instead of crawling through a tunnel, climbing under or over a wall or swimming here.
The illegals chose to bring their kids here illegally or chose to give birth here so their kids would be here legally. Its their responsibility to feed these kids not Americans because those illegals kids were born here by sheer dumb luck because their illegal parents made it into the country without getting caught.
Deleted User 670

Unread post

This is a nation built on immigrants. We would not be the country we are today with the rich traditions we have now without the contributions of immigrants. Remember, Britain, Spain and France came here and took land away from the Native Americans. We are all immigrants.
Fliptopz4
Countess
Countess

Unread post

Anonymous 4 wrote: Fri Mar 15, 2019 11:37 pm
Anonymous 1 wrote: Fri Mar 15, 2019 11:17 pm My MIL the other day went on a rant about illegal immigrants and how she was sick of them coming into our country and taking jobs and help away from her. She has the same exact stance on legal immigrants and thinks they are the same thing. She believes that we should take care of Americans befor anyone else not born here. Do you think they are different?
Illegals are not taking jobs from Americans. They do jobs that Americans wont do for the most part. But I do think we should stop letting them into the country until we get the ones that are here illegally....legalized completely or send them back until they can go through the process legally.
We should be taking care of our war veterans and homeless people before caring for people from other countries
Guess who use to do those jobs? Poor Americans were doing those jobs until illegals drove the wages down.
Fliptopz4
Countess
Countess

Unread post

Msprekteacher wrote: Sat Mar 16, 2019 2:03 pm I think your mother in law needs to crack open a history book. At one point or another our genealogy shows that there was immigration to America in our blood lines.

Further, the majority of jobs that the immigrants are taking are unskilled. If she wants to be a cleaner, or work in a farmers fields then tell her to apply at any farm, or any hotel and she will be hired.

And once they have the unskilled jobs their children can take the more skilled jobs driving you and your children out of the work force. Kinda of like they did in the construction field.
carterscutie85
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Anonymous 4 wrote: Sat Mar 16, 2019 2:17 pm
carterscutie85 wrote: Sat Mar 16, 2019 1:17 pm I think a person is a person and if they need help they should get it. Children should come first obvs and I wouldn't support murderers, etc getting help before anyone but my goodness I can't imagine looking at someone and saying "Well, you just have to starve because we need to feed people who had the sheer dumb luck to be born here first." If you were born here you did nothing to earn your privilege. You.Got.Lucky.
And some if not most were born here because our grandparents or great grandparents (or however many decendants back )immigrated LEGALLY instead of crawling through a tunnel, climbing under or over a wall or swimming here.
The illegals chose to bring their kids here illegally or chose to give birth here so their kids would be here legally. Its their responsibility to feed these kids not Americans because those illegals kids were born here by sheer dumb luck because their illegal parents made it into the country without getting caught.

I'm not OK with letting children starve period. Doesn't matter who is responsible for them.
Turkle
Countess
Countess

Unread post

pinkbutterfly66 wrote: Sat Mar 16, 2019 2:39 pm This is a nation built on immigrants. We would not be the country we are today with the rich traditions we have now without the contributions of immigrants. Remember, Britain, Spain and France came here and took land away from the Native Americans. We are all immigrants.
I am a first-generation Canadian. My late father was Polish-born and my late mother was born in
Scotland.

North America, save for the indigenous people, is a young settlement.
"Prison inmates are treated to cable TV, hot meals and a college education, while on the outside some people can only afford these things through a life of crime."
Msprekteacher
Regent
Regent

Unread post

If they or their children have the ability to go to school and get their bachelors degree and then become certified to teach in their state then more power to them.

Acceptance to college is easy, graduating not so much. Further, we need more people in trades so more power to them for becoming plumbers or carpenters etc. Immigration doesn’t scare me!

Fliptopz4 wrote: Sat Mar 16, 2019 2:43 pm
Msprekteacher wrote: Sat Mar 16, 2019 2:03 pm I think your mother in law needs to crack open a history book. At one point or another our genealogy shows that there was immigration to America in our blood lines.

And once they have the unskilled jobs their children can take the more skilled jobs driving you and your children out of the work force. Kinda of like they did in the construction field.
Rebeccaraev2
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

I've heard it all, as a native American/Mexican American woman. My great grandmother came here from Mexico legally, and I am thankful for that, and my father's people were always here. I am firm on helping the current DACA recipients, current people trying to become citizens and heavily vetting all else. I am also for tightening the enforcement of Visa overstay. It accounts for more than border crossing by foot. Immigration everywhere else is taken seriously and it should be here too.
Locked Previous topicNext topic