Does this get on your nerves?

Anonymous 1

Unread post

Interacting with extremely long winded people?
I have client like this. I spend 2 hours with her every week. I have to interrupt her just to be able to go to the restroom or take a phone call. She literally never shuts up.
Even if she asks how you are, she then interrupts you to tell some other story about herself.
I realized yesterday that I have a headache almost every time she leaves because I was leaving for work and had to go back inside to grab some headache meds because I remembered it was Friday.
She's always my last client on Friday but after 2 hours with her I don't even listen to the radio on my way home. I just want some quiet.
I think she stresses me out.
lunarprancer
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

Yes.
Deleted User 670

Unread post

My MIL was like that. She would not shut up. You could not get a word in edgewise. You could get up and leave the room as long as she had someone to talk to and she wouldn't notice. She thought she was being a good host. You could start wearing earplugs if she's just talking without expecting you to respond.
cellomom26
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Yes, being conversational is polite. Monopolizing the conversation is rude.
LuckyEightWow
Donated
Donated
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

My MIL and my 12 year old son. It’s exhausting lol
Anonymous 1

Unread post

cellomom26 wrote: Sat Mar 16, 2019 12:21 pm Yes, being conversational is polite. Monopolizing the conversation is rude.
I think so, too.
Side note: I find myself in agreement with you quite often on here.😉
WickedPissah
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

Yes.
I shit glitter
Turkle
Countess
Countess

Unread post

Those long-winded types are self-absorbed and tend to be narcissistic. Best to avoid them when possible!
"Prison inmates are treated to cable TV, hot meals and a college education, while on the outside some people can only afford these things through a life of crime."
Shell7m
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

Yes!
Valentina327
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Ugh...the people that it takes babbling for 20 solid minutes to communicate something that could be covered in one single sentence. Stop circling the airport and land the damn plane already! LOL
Let's Go Brandon!
#FJB

https://openvaers.com/
Locked Previous topicNext topic