Spin off how often were you left alone as a teen?

RedBottoms

Unread post

Spin off from other post. As a teen how often were you left alone at home? In what circumstances? Were you allowed friends or boyfriends over?

My parents left me home alone a lot as a teen. My mom was a SAHM and was normally there when I got home from school every day. But her and SD might go out to dinner or Lowes and leave me alone. If I had a friend or boyfriend over-they still left.

On the weekends they would go to their property an hour away where he was building their new house and work there all day. Occasionally they even left me alone overnight once I was 16 and could drive on my own.

I was always told "No parties" but you can have boyfriend or a few friends over.
mcginnisc
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

Very rarely. I was not home much though as I was so busy. One of the few times I was home alone, someone tried to break in so I made sure not to be home alone anymore.
Claire
"I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me." Philippians 4:13
Anonymous 1

Unread post

I was home by myself a lot since 2nd grade. Got myself on the bus and locked up the house and stuff and then got myself off the bus and no one was home for a couple of hours. Was that way until I moved out. As I was older I was home alone other times as well.
LuckyEightWow
Donated
Donated
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

My mom worked so I watched my sister all day during the summer and after school the rest of the year, plus bowling night.

During the summer we’d go to the beach, or the pool. Sometimes my mom would send her to The Boy and Girl Club to give me a break, but it was never an issue for me, my mom just felt bad.
carterscutie85
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Never overnight but daily when they went to work. I wasn't allowed boyfriends over but I did it anyways.
Anonymous 1

Unread post

And no friends or boyfriends allowed while I was home alone. Wasn't allowed to talk on the phone either while I was home alone (before call waiting days) because my dad said if he needed to get a hold of me, I better answer. I got caught being on the phone in 6th grade and he had the operator interrupt the call. I was in soooo much trouble!!!!
Anonymous 1 wrote: Thu Mar 14, 2019 6:17 pm I was home by myself a lot since 2nd grade. Got myself on the bus and locked up the house and stuff and then got myself off the bus and no one was home for a couple of hours. Was that way until I moved out. As I was older I was home alone other times as well.
Msprekteacher
Regent
Regent

Unread post

I was baby sitting at 13, dating at 16. My parents were home most of the time but we weren’t home with them. My husband and I started dating when I was 17 so he would come over after work and we would have the living room to ourselves for a few hours before he would take the last bus home.
LiveWhatULove
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

I was a “latch-key” child from the time I got home after 330 until my mother got home from work, often around 530ish from age 7 or so until I left for college.

I often had girl friends over all the time but no boys allowed.
Deleted User 638

Unread post

My parents started weekly date nights when we were all teenagers. The rule was no friends because there were already five of us. They didn't want a house full of unsupervised teenagers.
Bubbs
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

A lot
My mom worked 2 jobs at time
And was working on her Masters.
I was a latch key kid at 8
Honey, I'm the original one-eyed chicklet in the kingdom of the blind, 'cause at least I admit the world makes me nuts.
Locked Previous topicNext topic