Heartbroken and confused 6 year old

RedBottoms

Unread post

Momto2boys973 wrote: Fri Jun 15, 2018 4:22 pm And you know that’s the case here because....?
Face it. You don’t know what happened, you have no idea if it’s flakiness or something more serious. It’s pretty unfair of you to judge based on OPs lack of knowledge of what’s going on and assuming they’re just being mean.
HaggardWitch wrote: Fri Jun 15, 2018 2:52 pm This is the way a lot of little girls are--flaky and mean.
you wish I was making this up so you can feel better about yourself. I was sitting in my hospital bed on bedrest with twins writing thank you notes to people. I managed to still answer people back when my grandfather died. Same for when my grandmother died. Like I said if someone texts me it takes 10 seconds to text them back. Its not that hard.
RedBottoms

Unread post

Momto2boys973 wrote: Fri Jun 15, 2018 4:03 pm As you said, you can’t understand it, but sometimes even that’s too much. Because even the simple act of acknowledging it can send more social- if well intended- people into asking questions, wanting to help, be there to talk to you and many people just don’t want that. I remember about a year ago I was planning a prayer group for my brother and my mom kept asking me to keep it very private. She didn’t want a whole hoopla around it. At first, I couldn’t understand what the big deal was, the more people that joined, the better. And it’s not like there was anything to be ashamed of, it’s not like my brother chose to have a brain tumor. But then I understood it’s precisely what I’m telling you. She wasn’t emotionally ready to deal with all the “well wishers” that will come out from that. She wanted to deal with her emotions privately.
And ultimately, it may well be that what this family is going through is too private and they find it easier to ignore acquaintances like OP than having to explain themselves and put out there the difficult situation they’re going through.
RedBottoms wrote: Fri Jun 15, 2018 12:18 pm
Momto2boys973 wrote: Fri Jun 15, 2018 10:20 am That’s you. People deal with stress differently. Some people are more social and can continue to work their relationships without much effort. Others, like myself, are serious introverts and when we’re overwhelmed by emotions prefer to retreat and avoid communication for a while. I have ignored phone calls and messages sometimes, because acknowledging them usually results in more communication, people wanting to be with you and asking more questions. And I appreciate the intention, but sometimes I just don’t want to go there. Like now, with my brother sick and considering abandoning chemotherapy. I don’t want people constantly asking me about it. So I back off, because I wouldn’t tell others to do that. You don’t have to understand that, but you can respect it and not consider that person rude or selfish because you’re not a priority in their lives at the moment.

but wouldn't a simple " I really need some time alone right now. But thanks for checking on me." text be that hard to send? It takes 10 seconds! Without any reply at all you leave people worrying that you are not okay or dead or you hate them or don't want to be friends anymore etc.
you do not need to give details to return a text or email. Just a simple "Sorry I have not gotten back to you. No party for now. Having some family issues. thanks for understanding" takes 10 seconds to reply.
Deleted User 66

Unread post

You don't know what's going on in their lives. Your daughter may not be a priority to them right now.
Locked Previous topicNext topic