Welfare spin-off

Deleted User 876

Unread post

Anonymous 1 wrote: Fri Feb 15, 2019 12:24 am I was reading the other welfare post. We all know technically anything that is income based is considered welfare.

But what so you consider not to be welfare vand why.

I do not consider tanf to be welfare and that is only because it is the only one that does get paid back. Normally they take what you receive out of child support payments.

I received tanf for about 6 months when my oldest was a baby. Once i did start recieving child support u would get letter staring that so and so amount was deducted to pay back tanf until it was paid 9n full.

My mom had custody of my nephew. My brother was court order to pay child support but didn't so she received tanf. When he got a settlement. Child support took a large portion of his settlement and the state took the amount my mom had received in tanf out as well.

And what do you consider welfare as well.
They reduce TANF based on the amount of child support being received, but it is not "paid back". It *is* welfare.
Deleted User 876

Unread post

MysticDreamer wrote: Fri Feb 15, 2019 1:10 am I dont consider eitc welfare. It is a tax credit that is intended to help taxpayers out and to stimulate the economy. Many work and have taxes deducted, so they do pay taxes.
It IS welfare to the extent that people get back more money than they ever paid in. I'm all for credits that reduce taxes to zero, but once it hits zero, that's where it should stop. NO ONE should be getting annual handouts off the backs of other hard-working taxpayers - and that's what it is, a handout.
Anonymous 8

Unread post

Diamepphyre wrote: Fri Feb 15, 2019 5:58 pm
MysticDreamer wrote: Fri Feb 15, 2019 1:10 am I dont consider eitc welfare. It is a tax credit that is intended to help taxpayers out and to stimulate the economy. Many work and have taxes deducted, so they do pay taxes.
It IS welfare to the extent that people get back more money than they ever paid in. I'm all for credits that reduce taxes to zero, but once it hits zero, that's where it should stop. NO ONE should be getting annual handouts off the backs of other hard-working taxpayers - and that's what it is, a handout.
Peach it louder. I know of a family who is getting 12k, the girlfriend posts about waiting to receive it constantly. Both claim they're taxpayers. I did their taxes for them. They made shit for wages and she only worked 1/3 of the year for health reasons but had no problem getting pregnant and giving birth to their 6th kid on welfare. It's astounding how much responsibility people won't take. Some kd these aren't taxpayers. They're leeches.
Anonymous 9

Unread post

Here is a list of all the welfare programs. Even if you don't consider them welfare for one dumb reason or another, they are still welfare programs in the usa
https://singlemotherguide.com/federal-welfare-programs/
Anonymous 10

Unread post

I consider it all welfare and yes I include those who get grants from the government to go to college welfare as well. Food stamps, wic, heap, Medicaid, free or reduced lunch at school, eitc, tanf, disability all welfare.
madfoodie
Sparkles the Elf
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Anonymous 3 wrote: Fri Feb 15, 2019 11:00 am The burden of proof is on the claimant. But it’s okay, we both know you’re wrong, which is why you can’t prove anything.
Anonymous 1 wrote: Fri Feb 15, 2019 9:50 am
Anonymous 3 wrote: Fri Feb 15, 2019 9:25 am Yet you’ve had time to reply multiple times. If what you’re claiming was true (it isn’t), you’d have been able to prove it i the time it took to comment back a couple times.

It’s okay to admit you’re wrong.

Actually my last reply before now was 7:55 i had to be on at 8 am. I have a few minutes down right now. But obviously your finger are not broke. Stop being lazy and do your own research.
My neighbor gets tanf. She only has to do a class once a week for 8 hours. She also still recieved child support. It's not the same everywhere.
i want candy!
Deleted User 1018

Unread post

Well, you know that is something our congress voted into existance. And until they decide to change it, I will take advantage of it.
Anonymous 1

Unread post

Anonymous 3 wrote: Fri Feb 15, 2019 5:40 pm If you know it’s all welfare, why would you say it’s not welfare?
Anonymous 1 wrote: Fri Feb 15, 2019 3:05 pm I stated my opinion but i also stated at the very beginning that it is all technically welfare. Damn didn't think id have to spell it out.

Anonymous 3 wrote: Fri Feb 15, 2019 3:02 pm “I do not consider tanf to be warfare and that is only because it is the only one that does get paid back. Normally they take what you receive out of child support payments”

This post was about people ipinoln on what is and what isn't considered welfare
RedBottoms

Unread post

Dylexsmommy wrote: Fri Feb 15, 2019 4:59 pm I wonder how many of you support free college (gov't paid) and free healthcare for all (also gov't paid)
No I don't support those. Not everyone is college material. It would be wasting money to spend that on some people.

Now college paid for or partly paid for for good students that have proven themselves in school with grades and test scores-sure. That is kinda what we have but its still income based.

But not everyone is college material and would never pass the first semester.
RedBottoms

Unread post

MysticDreamer wrote: Fri Feb 15, 2019 8:44 pm
Well, you know that is something our congress voted into existance. And until they decide to change it, I will take advantage of it.
and honestly I think that is fair. Like I am not going to NOT cash the earned income tax credit refund when we used to get those. I am going to take it if they hand it to me. I would have taken WIC if they handed it to me too.

But those are on another level than the people that make a career out of welfare programs. We all know they exist. We all probably know at least one person playing the system.

That is when you should be ashamed of yourself. Hand up-not hand out
Locked Previous topicNext topic