45%
No
55%

Total votes: 47
Msprekteacher
Regent
Regent

Unread post

As a child my family was on food stamps for a period of time during unemployment. As an adult however, no. We are aware we are very fortunate!
mommy_jules
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Yes, when I first got pregnant with my first child. DH and I were both still in college. I had WIC and Medicaid until DH finished his degree and got a job. Now we don't qualify for any.
WickedPissah
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

Yes.
I shit glitter
LuckyEightWow
Donated
Donated
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

Off and on in the beginning years we used something. We never had all of it at the same time.
Anonymous 1

Unread post

Then yes, as EITC is an entitlement program, as are the rest.
RedBottoms wrote: Thu Feb 14, 2019 1:03 pm No. Some people consider earned income tax credit welfare-and we did get that for several years. But we never qualified or at least were told we never qualified for WIC or food stamps or TNCare or anything like that. I did look into it more than once and was always shut down and told we made too much.
Anonymous 1

Unread post

It’s the same thing, the income limits are just different.
carterscutie85 wrote: Thu Feb 14, 2019 1:12 pm
Pjmm wrote: Thu Feb 14, 2019 1:07 pm I know now too late I could have qualified for WIC. Wish I'd known that at the time. That's as close as I've gotten to anything.
I don't really consider WIC the same as food stamps and all that. Our income is considered middle class and we'd qualify for WIC, but we don't qualify for food stamps. We make about 25 grand too much for FS yet would get WIC if we wanted it.
hotspice58
Regent
Regent

Unread post

I wasn't but my kids get Medicare because they were fostered first.
LiveWhatULove
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

I’m an old mama. We had established careers and were living the middle class dream (of working our asses off) when kids came along, so no assistance needed.

But I am glad it is there, I get sick to think of babies or actually anyone experiencing food insecurity. It’s one of the essentials in Maslow’s heiarchy of needs.
Anonymous 3

Unread post

LiveWhatULove wrote: Thu Feb 14, 2019 1:36 pm I’m an old mama. We had established careers and were living the middle class dream (of working our asses off) when kids came along, so no assistance needed.

But I am glad it is there, I get sick to think of babies or actually anyone experiencing food insecurity. It’s one of the essentials in Maslow’s heiarchy of needs.
What’s an “old mama?”
Smarties
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

As a child I got free lunch at school.
Locked Previous topicNext topic