'No doctor can predict someone’s future health'

Forum rules
Keep News and Politics about News and Politics.

Do not post full articles from other websites. Always link back to the source

Discuss things respectfully and take into account that each person has a different opinion.

Remember that this is a place for everyone to enjoy. Don’t try and run people off of the site. If you are upset with someone then utilize the foe feature.

Report when things come up.

Personal attacks are against guidelines however attacks need to be directed at a member on the forum for it to be against guidelines. Lying is not against guidelines, it’s hard for us to prove someone even did lie.

Once a topic is locked we consider the issue handled and no longer respond to new reports on the topic.
Pjmm
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

TheQueenOfEverything wrote: Sun Feb 10, 2019 5:45 pm Oh good, you’ve managed to shoehorn some antichoice whackery in as well...
scemily526 wrote: Sun Feb 10, 2019 9:24 am And then there's the drs who tell a pregnant mom her fetus is going to die inside her, and she better abort-- mom defies dr, and goes on to birth healthy baby....this happens a lot too
Most of these comments are causing me to lose valuable brain cells. I agree the doctors gave him a physical and anticipated no health crisis. That doesn't mean one can't happen... no one is God. But with technology they can predict pretty accurately. That goes for vaccines and the unborn. It's rare but complications from measles and chicken pox can kill. Ditto polio. Doctors if nothing else think of their liabilities. They're not going to advocate abortion unless there's a hell of a reason for it and they can back that shit up. Doesn't mean they're never wrong but usually they're right.
Momto2boys973
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Absolutely.
My great aunt had a full physical when my oldest son was born. She and her daughter even stopped to visit me in my room when her checkup was done, she gave me a check and told me she’ll see me at the bris. She had a heart attack and died th day before the bris. After getting a clean bill of health a week before. So yeah, it happens. But it’s rare, this isn’t the norm. More often than not doctors are right. Contrary to what these anti-doctor people want to think and say, doctors went to school to get the knowledge and have worked to get the experience to have a much better understanding and assessment of the situation that a Google MD “degree” can give you.
Pjmm wrote: Sun Feb 10, 2019 10:03 pm
TheQueenOfEverything wrote: Sun Feb 10, 2019 5:45 pm Oh good, you’ve managed to shoehorn some antichoice whackery in as well...
scemily526 wrote: Sun Feb 10, 2019 9:24 am And then there's the drs who tell a pregnant mom her fetus is going to die inside her, and she better abort-- mom defies dr, and goes on to birth healthy baby....this happens a lot too
Most of these comments are causing me to lose valuable brain cells. I agree the doctors gave him a physical and anticipated no health crisis. That doesn't mean one can't happen... no one is God. But with technology they can predict pretty accurately. That goes for vaccines and the unborn. It's rare but complications from measles and chicken pox can kill. Ditto polio. Doctors if nothing else think of their liabilities. They're not going to advocate abortion unless there's a hell of a reason for it and they can back that sh*t up. Doesn't mean they're never wrong but usually they're right.
❤️🇮🇱 עמ׳ ישראל חי 🇮🇱❤️
Deleted User 276

Unread post

Similar verbiage was used in Obama's health report but it was backed up with almost three pages of test results and stats. Perhaps Trump is as healthy, but with the meds he purportedly takes, his eating habits, his age, his lack of exercise, and with his history of high cholesterol, I'm finding it hard to believe that he is in perfect health. I'd like to see the numbers.
Libbylu2
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Exactly.
And this:
The polio epidemics in the late 1940’s and 1950’s were frightening. I was in grade school in 1951-52 when schools were delayed for months and people of all ages suffered. Anything from paralysis of the limbs or the breathing apparatus necessitating living in an “ iron lung” to a long lasting weakness and fatigue.
The anti vax young people have decided that only people in unsanitary living conditions got polio !
LOL! We lived in lovely modern suburbs near the Twin Cities .Clean, College educated people, living in beautiful large clean homes but they still got polio.
I will never forget , one was my mothers’s best friend who spent her life paralyzed in an iron lung.
It’s depressing how the anti vax clan try so hard to justify their lack of knowledge.
When the polio vaccine was created and polio cases slowly disappeared it was a miracle, a life saver.
(Let’s hope we won’t have to go through that kind of nightmare again.)

Momto2boys973 wrote: Sun Feb 10, 2019 9:51 pm Most anti-vaxers are youngsters who grew up with the benefit of vaccines and never experienced first hand what these diseases can do. I’m just 45, so I also didn’t see a lot of these diseases going around, but I do know people who suffered from them. My uncle had tetanus, my grandfather had diphtheria and my ex-aunt’s boyfriend is in a wheelchair because of polio, I know someone who lost his hearing because of measles. A girl in my high school had meningitis, she missed like 4 months of school and it’s a miracle that she survived. And let’s not forget the many disabled babies because their mothers got rubella during pregnancy. Young people never saw that so of course they think these diseases aren’t a big deal. And they’re using the silly argument of “oh, well, no one in America has died of the measles!”... yet. But as the numbers grow, chances are we’ll start seeing deaths and years from now, complications. I would recommend these anti-vaxers to start coming up with arguments for when that happens.
Libbylu2 wrote: Sun Feb 10, 2019 4:46 pm
scemily526 wrote: Sun Feb 10, 2019 8:45 am That's funny....we have drs all over the country telling parents their children WILL die without vaccines, esp with the measles debacle going on -- so yes, drs are trying to predict the future, and have been for centuries even through blatant lies --- what's going on in the white house isn't any different...
That’s not exactly true.
Vaccines prevent diseases in most cases. Doctors aren’t predicting death for unvaccinated kids.
Based on many many decades of scientific proof , it’s not difficult to say that for the most part that the majority of children will be safer if vaccinated.
I lived through a childhood without vaccinations and we children suffered from the childhood diseases, some ending up permanently damaged. So I am not winging it here. I speak from experience.
Valentina327
Princess
Princess

Unread post

msb64 wrote: Sun Feb 10, 2019 10:37 pm Similar verbiage was used in Obama's health report but it was backed up with almost three pages of test results and stats. Perhaps Trump is as healthy, but with the meds he purportedly takes, his eating habits, his age, his lack of exercise, and with his history of high cholesterol, I'm finding it hard to believe that he is in perfect health. I'd like to see the numbers.
I'm sure it's not perfect, that's for sure. Probably more of a "pretty decent for an old geezer" grade.
LOL

Is there somewhere that reports on his eating habits and exercise routine and his cholesterol readings? I haven't seen anything like that available.
Let's Go Brandon!
#FJB

https://openvaers.com/
Valentina327
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Libbylu2 wrote: Sun Feb 10, 2019 10:49 pm Exactly.
And this:
The polio epidemics in the late 1940’s and 1950’s were frightening. I was in grade school in 1951-52 when schools were delayed for months and people of all ages suffered. Anything from paralysis of the limbs or the breathing apparatus necessitating living in an “ iron lung” to a long lasting weakness and fatigue.
The anti vax young people have decided that only people in unsanitary living conditions got polio !
LOL! We lived in lovely modern suburbs near the Twin Cities .Clean, College educated people, living in beautiful large clean homes but they still got polio.
I will never forget , one was my mothers’s best friend who spent her life paralyzed in an iron lung.
It’s depressing how the anti vax clan try so hard to justify their lack of knowledge.
When the polio vaccine was created and polio cases slowly disappeared it was a miracle, a life saver.

Momto2boys973 wrote: Sun Feb 10, 2019 9:51 pm Most anti-vaxers are youngsters who grew up with the benefit of vaccines and never experienced first hand what these diseases can do. I’m just 45, so I also didn’t see a lot of these diseases going around, but I do know people who suffered from them. My uncle had tetanus, my grandfather had diphtheria and my ex-aunt’s boyfriend is in a wheelchair because of polio, I know someone who lost his hearing because of measles. A girl in my high school had meningitis, she missed like 4 months of school and it’s a miracle that she survived. And let’s not forget the many disabled babies because their mothers got rubella during pregnancy. Young people never saw that so of course they think these diseases aren’t a big deal. And they’re using the silly argument of “oh, well, no one in America has died of the measles!”... yet. But as the numbers grow, chances are we’ll start seeing deaths and years from now, complications. I would recommend these anti-vaxers to start coming up with arguments for when that happens.
Libbylu2 wrote: Sun Feb 10, 2019 4:46 pm

That’s not exactly true.
Vaccines prevent diseases in most cases. Doctors aren’t predicting death for unvaccinated kids.
Based on many many decades of scientific proof , it’s not difficult to say that for the most part that the majority of children will be safer if vaccinated.
I lived through a childhood without vaccinations and we children suffered from the childhood diseases, some ending up permanently damaged. So I am not winging it here. I speak from experience.
It's horrible. I had a great aunt who contracted polio around 23 years old, 2 months after giving birth to my cousin. It was terrible. She lived to be in her mid seventies like that, laying on a cot in the kitchen, able to move one index finger, under a respirator. They modernized the iron lung down to this contraption that just layed on top of her. I truly hope that never makes a resurgence.
Let's Go Brandon!
#FJB

Pjmm
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Valentina327 wrote: Sun Feb 10, 2019 11:27 pm
And this:

It's horrible. I had a great aunt who contracted polio around 23 years old, 2 months after giving birth to my cousin. It was terrible. She lived to be in her mid seventies like that, laying on a cot in the kitchen, able to move one index finger, under a respirator. They modernized the iron lung down to this contraption that just layed on top of her. I truly hope that never makes a resurgence.
I'm not old enough to remember polio but my father is. He says his mother and others used to be afraid he'd get a chill swimming and catch polio. There was a lot of fear. Mention not vaccinating and he starts levitating, head spinning lol. My father in law had it and later in life had post polio syndrome. It affected his swallowing. It really can be a dreadful thing.
Valentina327
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Pjmm wrote: Mon Feb 11, 2019 7:38 am
And this:

I'm not old enough to remember polio but my father is. He says his mother and others used to be afraid he'd get a chill swimming and catch polio. There was a lot of fear. Mention not vaccinating and he starts levitating, head spinning lol. My father in law had it and later in life had post polio syndrome. It affected his swallowing. It really can be a dreadful thing.
Agreed. I'm very grateful I wasn't around during those times when it was rampant. Seeing the aftermath was frightening enough.
Let's Go Brandon!
#FJB

Deleted User 1186

Unread post

Lexy wrote: Sun Feb 10, 2019 3:26 pm
Ksal2349 wrote: Sun Feb 10, 2019 3:22 pm
Lexy wrote: Sun Feb 10, 2019 2:15 pm

I have not seen that anywhere. Link
https://www.inquisitr.com/4736024/trump ... as-ronnie/
That is from last year. Not this year he had different doctors.
No shit Sherlock
Momto2boys973
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Let’s hope we don’t have to see those things again before some sense is knocked into these anti-vaxers...
Pjmm wrote: Mon Feb 11, 2019 7:38 am
And this:

❤️🇮🇱 עמ׳ ישראל חי 🇮🇱❤️
Locked Previous topicNext topic