Horrifying indifference to children’s lives

Forum rules
Keep News and Politics about News and Politics.

Do not post full articles from other websites. Always link back to the source

Discuss things respectfully and take into account that each person has a different opinion.

Remember that this is a place for everyone to enjoy. Don’t try and run people off of the site. If you are upset with someone then utilize the foe feature.

Report when things come up.

Personal attacks are against guidelines however attacks need to be directed at a member on the forum for it to be against guidelines. Lying is not against guidelines, it’s hard for us to prove someone even did lie.

Once a topic is locked we consider the issue handled and no longer respond to new reports on the topic.
Pjmm
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

TheQueenOfEverything wrote: Sun Dec 16, 2018 5:59 pm no, the failure of BP to get her medical attention upon being notified that she was ill killed her. her parents were trying to save her from serious danger.

that said, it doesn’t really matter. you all are not pro life, you’re a pack of hypocrites and nothing more.
Billie.jeens wrote: Sun Dec 16, 2018 5:56 pm She was alive before her parents followed the previous adminsistrations call to "come here"

Her parents decided that they would come here-

The trip here killed her.

TheQueenOfEverything wrote: Sun Dec 16, 2018 5:51 pm the “pro-life” party, everybody
I rarely if never agree with Billie but the fact remains that shelter was 1. Isolated in the middle of nowhere. The hospital was what 40 minutes by car? 2. The BP was probably overwhelmed and .3 she might have died anyway. She went days without water. Adults have died from that. She had access to water at the shelter is what I heard. I'm sorry she did die. I think they should investigate why. But I hesitate to say it was BP's fault all the way.

I will agree the way we're treating immigrants is a travesty to what we stand for.
Billie.jeens
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

Pjmm wrote: Tue Dec 18, 2018 1:41 pm
TheQueenOfEverything wrote: Sun Dec 16, 2018 5:59 pm no, the failure of BP to get her medical attention upon being notified that she was ill killed her. her parents were trying to save her from serious danger.

that said, it doesn’t really matter. you all are not pro life, you’re a pack of hypocrites and nothing more.
Billie.jeens wrote: Sun Dec 16, 2018 5:56 pm She was alive before her parents followed the previous adminsistrations call to "come here"

Her parents decided that they would come here-

The trip here killed her.

I rarely if never agree with Billie but the fact remains that shelter was 1. Isolated in the middle of nowhere. The hospital was what 40 minutes by car? 2. The BP was probably overwhelmed and .3 she might have died anyway. She went days without water. Adults have died from that. She had access to water at the shelter is what I heard. I'm sorry she did die. I think they should investigate why. But I hesitate to say it was BP's fault all the way.

I will agree the way we're treating immigrants is a travesty to what we stand for.
We stand for the rule of law - ( at least supposed to)

That is the reason that people risk their lives to come here - becuase they are feeling lawless areas.
The whole idea that we destroy the rule if law to allow them to come here is crazy.
“Modern journalism is all about deciding which facts the public shouldn’t know because they might reflect badly on Democrats."
Pjmm
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Billie.jeens wrote: Tue Dec 18, 2018 1:49 pm
Pjmm wrote: Tue Dec 18, 2018 1:41 pm

We stand for the rule of law - ( at least supposed to)

That is the reason that people risk their lives to come here - becuase they are feeling lawless areas.
The whole idea that we destroy the rule if law to allow them to come here is crazy.
Our immigration law is unfair though. We allowed Cubans to stay if they could reach the shore but sent them back if we caught them in open water. Really? What kind of dummy came up with that? Because they're fleeing communism? Give it a rest. We aren't giving the Haitians, Syrians or Mexicans that sort of consideration. Our immigration law is all over the place. it has been all over the place for a long time and we need commonsense laws. Now I agree this girl might have died anyways. But I dont like with our immigration practices right now.
ButchersWife
Marchioness
Marchioness

Unread post

29again wrote: Mon Dec 17, 2018 10:54 pm
ButchersWife wrote: Mon Dec 17, 2018 6:42 pm
29again wrote: Mon Dec 17, 2018 5:10 pm What would you like the pro-life crowd to do about this, anyway? I raised my children, I follow the laws. I would never take one of my kids on a dangerous trip like the one this girl's father did.... What do you really expect people to do with illegals in the dead of night? What is the "proper and appropriate" reaction from the pro-life people, according to the pro-abort people? I really would like to know... because I'm really surprised that one who advocates murder is so upset over a father doing what this guy did with his own daughter, if he encouraged her mother to abort her, you would be cheering.

That is your privilege talking.
Oh. So. Should I be blushing right now, or am I supposed to go sit quietly in a corner and not ever speak up about something? I really don't know what the hell I'm supposed to do with my alleged privilege.
You're speaking of what you know which is zero experience being in these people's shoes. You don't ever see yourself in that situation simply because you were lucky enough to be born here. Not because of choices you've made or struggles you have succeeded in.
29again
Regent
Regent

Unread post

ButchersWife wrote: Wed Dec 19, 2018 12:12 am
ButchersWife wrote: Mon Dec 17, 2018 6:42 pm

That is your privilege talking.
Oh. So. Should I be blushing right now, or am I supposed to go sit quietly in a corner and not ever speak up about something? I really don't know what the hell I'm supposed to do with my alleged privilege.
You're speaking of what you know which is zero experience being in these people's shoes. You don't ever see yourself in that situation simply because you were lucky enough to be born here. Not because of choices you've made or struggles you have succeeded in.
You're making a few assumptions there. You have no idea what choices I've made or what struggles I've had in my life.
Expand your thinking

It’s possible to disagree with an article and not respond with a personal attack you know.
Try it.
TheQueenOfEverything
Regent
Regent

Unread post

I answered you. Not liking my answer doesn’t mean I didn’t have one.
Poietes wrote: Mon Dec 17, 2018 12:06 pm
TheQueenOfEverything wrote: Mon Dec 17, 2018 11:47 am How about this... remember when we sent a bunch of armed forces and razor wire to the border? We could have sent some doctors and medical supplies too. Seems like the ability to immediately evaluate & treat her after a journey we know is harsh and difficult would have sped things up significantly.
Poietes wrote: Mon Dec 17, 2018 11:21 am I would really appreciate if anyone who believes the US government and/or the border patrol is a fault would please give me a timeline of exactly how you think events should have happened. Everyone keeps saying things should have happened faster. I would like an exact time line of how you think it should have worked out that would have made the chances of this beautiful little girl surviving immensely greater.
I get it, you have no answer. This girl was very very ill upon arrival, however it was night time, after reading the exact timeline that another person posted she was more than likely sleeping, since the dad said she was fine there was no reason to wake her up, they wanted to get them to a safe space as soon as they could. It wasn't until she started vomiting that anyone had any clue something was wrong. Should they have stopped the bus and sat and waited for the helicopter to arrive? That would have really saved no time at all. Also, with as ill as she already was, an extra half hour, which is probably realistically the most time they could have possibly gained in any scenario would not have saved her life. So again, EXACTLY what differently could have been done to give this child a better chance at living. Realistically the only answer is for her father to have left her at home and not drug her through the dessert with no food or water. It drives me crazy when people like you blame anyone but the actually person who put her in harms way and claim all of this should been done differently but no one has any real solutions. And no, a few medical professionals on the border would not have saved a child in sepsis.
Poietes
Regent
Regent

Unread post

TheQueenOfEverything wrote: Wed Dec 19, 2018 9:38 am I answered you. Not liking my answer doesn’t mean I didn’t have one.
Poietes wrote: Mon Dec 17, 2018 12:06 pm
TheQueenOfEverything wrote: Mon Dec 17, 2018 11:47 am How about this... remember when we sent a bunch of armed forces and razor wire to the border? We could have sent some doctors and medical supplies too. Seems like the ability to immediately evaluate & treat her after a journey we know is harsh and difficult would have sped things up significantly.
I get it, you have no answer. This girl was very very ill upon arrival, however it was night time, after reading the exact timeline that another person posted she was more than likely sleeping, since the dad said she was fine there was no reason to wake her up, they wanted to get them to a safe space as soon as they could. It wasn't until she started vomiting that anyone had any clue something was wrong. Should they have stopped the bus and sat and waited for the helicopter to arrive? That would have really saved no time at all. Also, with as ill as she already was, an extra half hour, which is probably realistically the most time they could have possibly gained in any scenario would not have saved her life. So again, EXACTLY what differently could have been done to give this child a better chance at living. Realistically the only answer is for her father to have left her at home and not drug her through the dessert with no food or water. It drives me crazy when people like you blame anyone but the actually person who put her in harms way and claim all of this should been done differently but no one has any real solutions. And no, a few medical professionals on the border would not have saved a child in sepsis.
You would make a good politician, You are very good at the giving a non-answer without actually answering the question. The fact is you don't have an answer or a solution to the problem, all you want to do is bitch about everyone but the actual ones who put that child in danger.
”Just because you can doesn’t mean you should.”
Deleted User 276

Unread post

CBP was responsible for this child the moment they took this child into their custody. That's not to say their actions (or inaction) led to this child's death - an investigation will reveal cause of death and if appropriate response was given or not. But for CBP to say that they weren't responsible for this child at the time of her death is the "horrifying indifference".

Last week the CBP commission testified to congress that remote border patrol stations lacked appropriate medical personnel to deal with the increase in families and children coming across the border. He failed to mention this child's death. Her death wasn't known to congress until The Washington Post broke the story.

Today it was announced that new rule requires CBP to promptly report all deaths to congress and the media.
Billie.jeens
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

msb64 wrote: Wed Dec 19, 2018 12:09 pm CBP was responsible for this child the moment they took this child into their custody. That's not to say their actions (or inaction) led to this child's death - an investigation will reveal cause of death and if appropriate response was given or not. But for CBP to say that they weren't responsible for this child at the time of her death is the "horrifying indifference".

Last week the CBP commission testified to congress that remote border patrol stations lacked appropriate medical personnel to deal with the increase in families and children coming across the border. He failed to mention this child's death. Her death wasn't known to congress until The Washington Post broke the story.

Today it was announced that new rule requires CBP to promptly report all deaths to congress and the media.

That's a good idea

If the invaders know that it's not safe to come here, that death is a real possibility, maybe they will stay home.
“Modern journalism is all about deciding which facts the public shouldn’t know because they might reflect badly on Democrats."
ButchersWife
Marchioness
Marchioness

Unread post

29again wrote: Wed Dec 19, 2018 1:34 am
ButchersWife wrote: Wed Dec 19, 2018 12:12 am

You're making a few assumptions there. You have no idea what choices I've made or what struggles I've had in my life.
I know it's not the kind that you try to speak of.
Locked Previous topicNext topic