Reward people who use the system

Deleted User 1039

Unread post

Lemons wrote: Tue Dec 18, 2018 3:37 pm
SolidlyAverage wrote: Tue Dec 18, 2018 8:30 am
WickedPissah wrote: Tue Dec 18, 2018 6:40 am

You never know. It could be you one day.
Yes, we all know your dh makes enough money so you can sah and tell stories on the internet.

But if he got sick and could not work and you couldn't make enough and all your savings is going to outrageous medical cost while keeping your home and paying bills.

You might find yourself applying for benefits.
Can’t speak for her, but it is possible to safeguard one’s life enough to not have that be a possibility. I could easily afford to stay home, but choose to work both because I enjoy it, and to maintain my skills and license should I ever actually need to work. And my husband, who is the primary earner, has sufficient insurance to cover anything that could happen to him. Though we could get by on my salary even if he didn’t.
Good for you. Others have experienced tragedies that you can’t even imagine in your middle America life.

Her son shouldn’t have kids before he was settled but he did. So there’s no point in people going on and on about what should have been.
Yes, understanding the importance of safeguarding my and my family’s future must mean that I know nothing of hardship or tragedy. That makes good sense!

People who make bad life decisions are the only ones who have the depth to conceive of things like that, after all.

Want to tell me my life story, since you know it so well?
Anonymous 0

Unread post

You are correct.
Anonymous 0 wrote: Tue Dec 18, 2018 3:26 pm Like I just said... I would never take out a loan
Anonymous 0 wrote: Tue Dec 18, 2018 3:11 pm If you ever have only yourself to depend upon financially AND are in need of a loan, no bank will lend to you. Best case scenario, you're never in this scenario.

Anonymous 0 wrote: Tue Dec 18, 2018 3:01 pm I would never take out a loan. I have never been in debt. Again no debt is always better than having debt.

Anonymous 0

Unread post

Obviously.

I meant you personally don’t have to go into debt if you choose not to, but that doesn’t necessarily make debt bad.
Anonymous 0 wrote: Tue Dec 18, 2018 3:51 pm Putting something on credit is debt
Anonymous 0 wrote: Tue Dec 18, 2018 3:48 pm You made a statement that isn’t always true, that’s all. You don’t have to be in debt.
Anonymous 0 wrote: Tue Dec 18, 2018 3:47 pm You are free to your opinion.

I would never be in debt
Anonymous 12

Unread post

Not when he was on a crapton of welfare.
WickedPissah wrote: Tue Dec 18, 2018 3:59 pm
Anonymous 12 wrote: Tue Dec 18, 2018 3:45 pm So people shouldn’t be held responsible for their bad choices?

Good for you. Others have experienced tragedies that you can’t even imagine in your middle America life.

Her son shouldn’t have kids before he was settled but he did. So there’s no point in people going on and on about what should have been.
I think op kid is being held responsible for his bad choices.
Anonymous 0

Unread post

I agree! I actually use my rewards each year to do my Christmas shopping!
Anonymous 0 wrote: Tue Dec 18, 2018 3:43 pm I disagree. I put some big things on credit. I earn rewards and earn interest on the money kept elsewhere.
Anonymous 0 wrote: Tue Dec 18, 2018 3:01 pm I would never take out a loan. I have never been in debt. Again no debt is always better than having debt.
Anonymous 0 wrote: Tue Dec 18, 2018 2:56 pm While I agree and enjoy not owing much to anyone, it's not always best to have absolutely no debt.
If your credit report indicates that you've not had a loan in years and now today you need one, you may very well be declined because your current history shows no indication of your ability to repay.

WickedPissah
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

Anonymous 12 wrote: Tue Dec 18, 2018 4:24 pm Not when he was on a crapton of welfare.
Anonymous 12 wrote: Tue Dec 18, 2018 3:45 pm So people shouldn’t be held responsible for their bad choices?

Being on welfare is not because of good decisions.
I shit glitter
Deleted User 172

Unread post

I think OP stopped reading ages ago.
LOL
And until someone builds a time machine and lets everybody use it saying things like shoulda coulda woulda doesn't help or change anything.
It happened, get over it. (Not you Wicked)
I don't understand shit like this. Yes, ok I coulda done things different. But there's this thing called TIME. and TIME only works one way, It's very linear, it doesn't do the Jeremy Bellamy. You can't turn it back and you can't make it go faster. It is what it is.
"I would never" I hate hearing that. You don't know what you would do until you've been in a position like we've been in.
I for one am quite proud of who I've become through all the 'I would never' of all the superior people on here.

Again Wicked, none of that was meant directly towards you.
Lemons
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

SolidlyAverage wrote: Tue Dec 18, 2018 4:02 pm
SolidlyAverage wrote: Tue Dec 18, 2018 8:30 am

Can’t speak for her, but it is possible to safeguard one’s life enough to not have that be a possibility. I could easily afford to stay home, but choose to work both because I enjoy it, and to maintain my skills and license should I ever actually need to work. And my husband, who is the primary earner, has sufficient insurance to cover anything that could happen to him. Though we could get by on my salary even if he didn’t.

Yes, understanding the importance of safeguarding my and my family’s future must mean that I know nothing of hardship or tragedy. That makes good sense!

People who make bad life decisions are the only ones who have the depth to conceive of things like that, after all.

I don't know why there's always one who has to pipe in about themselves and how they are so superior that there is no way anything like that would happen to them. How is that helpful to the poster who is concerned about her son?
Deleted User 1039

Unread post

Lemons wrote: Tue Dec 18, 2018 5:02 pm
SolidlyAverage wrote: Tue Dec 18, 2018 4:02 pm

I don't know why there's always one who has to pipe in about themselves and how they are so superior that there is no way anything like that would happen to them. How is that helpful to the poster who is concerned about her son?
I wasn’t responding to the OP, I was responding to someone else in the thread. Thought that was pretty clear through the use of quotes. I’m sorry if you didn’t understand that.
RedBottoms

Unread post

Anonymous 12 wrote: Tue Dec 18, 2018 2:17 pm
RedBottoms wrote: Tue Dec 18, 2018 2:13 pm
Anonymous 11 wrote: Tue Dec 18, 2018 2:05 pm
Having credit is nothing to brag about.
I disagree. Having credit means you have never been bankrupt. It means you pay your bills on time. It means you are not in too much debt. It shows responsibility. It shows good financial planning.
It means you cant afford your stuff on your own and need help
that is not how it works at all. I never pay interest on anything but my mortgage and my car which is going to be paid of years early. We paid off our last brand new car years early. I put everything on my credit card each month and then pay the bill off in full when it comes so that we establish good credit on paying on time in full and we get rewards points like when we literally bought out Disney World tickets with points-but I never pay a penny in interest.
Locked Previous topicNext topic