Welfare

Anonymous 5

Unread post

There will always be a cut-off point and people who make $5 too much, no matter how much the limit is.
carterscutie85 wrote: Tue Dec 18, 2018 7:11 am I'd like to see something for people who make just a bit too much for help. Idk what. Like some people, they only make 5 bucks too much for help. That has always seemed like bullshit to me.
LiveWhatULove
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

I support a guarenteed general income, and just do away with all the other rules and regulations. Here’s your money, you do what you want, live where you can live, and eat what you want to eat. So much beuracracy is not necessary. People can make choices, good or bad , for themselves.
Valentina327
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Anonymous 2 wrote: Tue Dec 18, 2018 2:34 am 1. Stepping off of it instead of taking it all away at once.
2. It being a true hand up instead of a hand out.
3. Different figures used to determine benefits.
4. Free (religion-free) finance class geared to help the person take control of their financial health.
Those are great suggestions. How are they injecting religion into finance classes?
Let's Go Brandon!
#FJB

https://openvaers.com/
scemily526
Regent
Regent

Unread post

bring back ability to go to college, and have it count as a work requirement...once someone can graduate college, chances of returning to the dole/handouts are substantially less throughout that person's lifetime.
mommy_jules
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Anonymous 2 wrote: Tue Dec 18, 2018 2:34 am 1. Stepping off of it instead of taking it all away at once.
2. It being a true hand up instead of a hand out.
3. Different figures used to determine benefits.
4. Free (religion-free) finance class geared to help the person take control of their financial health.
What do you mean by hand up not hand out?
TheQueenOfEverything
Regent
Regent

Unread post

if you are receiving assistance you have to report the income of anyone living in the home. and if you’re unmarried with children you waive your right to receive child support so if you are claiming the father of your kids doesn’t live with you, they collect the amount of assistance you get back from him. if your CS exceeds the amount of assistance you would get they close your case.
Anonymous2.0 wrote: Tue Dec 18, 2018 6:49 am Not allowing people to use it as a means to stay home. Get a job. A full time job. And include incomes of the fathers or boyfriends (or moms/girlfriends) if they aren’t married. Too many people don’t get married just so they don’t have to claim the other income. BS. You are not a single mom. Or dad. You just want a freaking handout.
Oliviasmom72
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

They get no more money when they have more kids.

It needs to be cut off at a certain point and instead offer other resources.
Lotus
Donated
Donated
Regent
Regent

Unread post

I dot know shite about it to comment except to say, it should not change state to state. It should be universal.
famousglm714
Regent
Regent

Unread post

You shouldn't be able to be a lifer on FS unless you're elderly or disabled. EIC needs to go but I'm done with this conversation because I don't feel like arguing today. The state wants to cry that they're broke yet hands people decent sized checks for existing basically. Makes no sense.
caustib
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

LiveWhatULove wrote: Tue Dec 18, 2018 8:02 am I support a guarenteed general income, and just do away with all the other rules and regulations. Here’s your money, you do what you want, live where you can live, and eat what you want to eat. So much beuracracy is not necessary. People can make choices, good or bad , for themselves.
The thing that would concern me about that is the people who will not take care of their kids, no matter how you cut it. No one wants kids to suffer, so we would just come full circle and have the guaranteed income plus a ton of other programs to back up the people that mishandle it.
Locked Previous topicNext topic