Horrifying indifference to children’s lives

Forum rules
Keep News and Politics about News and Politics.

Do not post full articles from other websites. Always link back to the source

Discuss things respectfully and take into account that each person has a different opinion.

Remember that this is a place for everyone to enjoy. Don’t try and run people off of the site. If you are upset with someone then utilize the foe feature.

Report when things come up.

Personal attacks are against guidelines however attacks need to be directed at a member on the forum for it to be against guidelines. Lying is not against guidelines, it’s hard for us to prove someone even did lie.

Once a topic is locked we consider the issue handled and no longer respond to new reports on the topic.
Billie.jeens
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

I don't really know those people - but I don't think that they are hypocrites.
They don't believe that innocent life should be killed - seems legit.

For Me -
You wanting Safe spaces that we can go to kill our babies seems as odd as your wanting gun free zones so that evil can kill innocent non-protected children there - evil is evil.

If one of us goes to a safe space to kill our baby - and gets dead in the process, is it more likely that

I will think that it is horrific or that I will think that evil arrived and Karma was watching?
TheQueenOfEverything wrote: Sun Dec 16, 2018 9:25 pm I’m aware, none of the people who wish to restrict access to safe & legal abortions are actually pro-life, that’s where the hypocrite thing comes in.
Billie.jeens wrote: Sun Dec 16, 2018 9:17 pm I don't know who you all is,
I most certainly am not pro - life
TheQueenOfEverything wrote: Sun Dec 16, 2018 7:34 pm yep.

also:
that said, it doesn’t really matter. you all are not pro life, you’re a pack of hypocrites and nothing more.

“Modern journalism is all about deciding which facts the public shouldn’t know because they might reflect badly on Democrats."
Poietes
Regent
Regent

Unread post

TheQueenOfEverything wrote: Sun Dec 16, 2018 8:49 pm airlifting her 90 minutes earlier when they were told she was ill.
Valentina327 wrote: Sun Dec 16, 2018 8:29 pm
TheQueenOfEverything wrote: Sun Dec 16, 2018 5:59 pm no, the failure of BP to get her medical attention upon being notified that she was ill killed her. her parents were trying to save her from serious danger.

that said, it doesn’t really matter. you all are not pro life, you’re a pack of hypocrites and nothing more.
So AIRLIFTING the child isn't getting her medical attention? What else should have transpired?
Do you think there was a helicopter following the bus that they could have just hopped right on? Or that the medical helicopters have a teleporters that can just be on site within seconds. Also do you just assume that the pilots and medical personnel are just on the choppers 24/7 with the motors running waiting for the call to take off? You seem to have unrealistic expectations of how long life takes.

I’m so sorry this little girl died. It really is horrible and she didn’t derserve it, it’s heartbreaking that these parents lost their child but putting blame where it doesn’t belong is not helping anything at all and will not help save anyone else in the future.

I’m really curious how long you genuinely expected it to take for them to asses the situation, call for help, get a crew ready, fly to where they were, get her loaded, and fly back to the hospital?
”Just because you can doesn’t mean you should.”
Della
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Valentina327 wrote: Mon Dec 17, 2018 12:15 am
CockatooCrazyColt529 wrote: Sun Dec 16, 2018 10:19 pm
Valentina327 wrote: Sun Dec 16, 2018 8:24 pm

Read the full story.
She ARRIVED with a high fever and sickly.
She was in immigration custody for 8 hours.
During that time she was AIRLIFTED to a hospital by immigration to try to SAVE her.

There was the opposite of indifference demonstrated. That child did NOT become ill in 8 hours. She arrived that way. Our people went over and above to save her.

Her parents most certainly put her in that peril by dragging her on that brutal journey, a journey not meant for a small child. There is NO ONE to blame but them.

Tell the full story if you're going to tell it at all, not a slanted version.
"She ARRIVED with a high fever and sickly.
She was in immigration custody for 8 hours."

Think about that comment. Why did it take so many hours?
The total time she was in the care of immigration was 8 hours. I don't have a log to know how long she waited to be seen by an officer or at what point in that 8 hours the helicopter was called nor how long it took to arrive. There's been no minute by minute timeline of events published. There are hordes of people at the border, so I'm sure people have quite a wait time to be seen/processed in the first place.

The point is the situation was addressed, and it would seem fairly aggressively, since she went by helicopter. No one drove her, she didn't go by ambulance. I've waited in the ER with a high fever/dehydration myself for hours and hours. It takes time to be seen. To gather resources. To mobilize. If she passed away within 8 hours, she was very clearly pretty sick.
How many is hordes? She was with a group of 163. My point is you said she was sick on arrival and in BP custody for eight. That's plenty of time to have checked her out medically.

It doesn't sound like our BP is very efficient, but I suppose that's how our gov departments operate, or at least that's what I've been told.

My oldest DD was once ill and had a febrile seizure. Her temp was almost 106. It spiked from 101.1 to 106 in a matter of minutes. Thank goodness we lived less than five blocks from the hospital at the time because rescue was taking too long.

I wonder how this could be made more efficient. If they present themselves, I wonder what the reaction would be if ankle bracelets and/or wrist bands (similar to the ones being used in hospitals) were utilized when they are first processed. That way there'd be a tracking mechanism in case they absconded, and medical and other information could be maintained via the transportable, WiFi equipped medical information desks similar to those also used in hospitals. (I hope that makes sense - I'm exhausted.)

I just feel horrible for that little one and her family. :'( And my views have nothing to do with media manipulation or hype.
306/232

But I'm still the winner! They lied! They cheated! They stole the election!
KnotaDinghy
Regent
Regent

Unread post

If I were traveling with my child across field / desert / barren land, and there were any ... ANY... issues medically with my child - that is the FIRST thing I would communicate to officials upon seeing them. I have to believe this parent / these parents would have done the same - had they known she was ill. Instead, a form was signed that she (child) was healthy. The child then had access to water, according to all accounts.

It was the middle of nowhere, middle of the night and a 90 minute drive by bus to the processing center.

Authorities were notified of her vomiting at some point in the bus ride. Not at the start. The dilemma would be - stop in the desert and wait for a Medical team to reach you, or keep going to meet the medical team where care could be administered - and she was airlifted.

I agree with the sentiment that all detainees' care is authorities' responsibility. After reading through news articles - I believe all was done that could have been done. Tragedies happen and they suck. I would have preferred a better outcome - her staying home. I think the parents made a bad decision to walk through the desert without food / water / shelter in an attempt to break the law. But once detained, they need appropriate care until deported.

This was not CBP's fault.

And since I guess my stance on abortion will be questioned - I'm pro-choice. Always have been. But I'm anti-illegal immigration.
“You’re either on drugs or retarded.
Nobody posts the crap you post unless they’re abnormal.” - derp
KnotaDinghy
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Actually a timeline has been released. I have a few facts wrong above but my plane is taxiing so here's the story, I can't edit.

https://wtop.com/latin-america/2018/12/ ... l-custody/
“You’re either on drugs or retarded.
Nobody posts the crap you post unless they’re abnormal.” - derp
Lexy
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

The man has 3 other children that he left behind with his wife! Why?
TheQueenOfEverything
Regent
Regent

Unread post

helicopter are fast. the should have called for it sooner.
Poietes wrote: Mon Dec 17, 2018 7:57 am
TheQueenOfEverything wrote: Sun Dec 16, 2018 8:49 pm airlifting her 90 minutes earlier when they were told she was ill.
Valentina327 wrote: Sun Dec 16, 2018 8:29 pm

So AIRLIFTING the child isn't getting her medical attention? What else should have transpired?
Do you think there was a helicopter following the bus that they could have just hopped right on? Or that the medical helicopters have a teleporters that can just be on site within seconds. Also do you just assume that the pilots and medical personnel are just on the choppers 24/7 with the motors running waiting for the call to take off? You seem to have unrealistic expectations of how long life takes.

I’m so sorry this little girl died. It really is horrible and she didn’t derserve it, it’s heartbreaking that these parents lost their child but putting blame where it doesn’t belong is not helping anything at all and will not help save anyone else in the future.

I’m really curious how long you genuinely expected it to take for them to asses the situation, call for help, get a crew ready, fly to where they were, get her loaded, and fly back to the hospital?
scemily526
Regent
Regent

Unread post

viv74 wrote: Sun Dec 16, 2018 5:23 pm She got very ill within hours of being detained. Her father even said they were treated well. The child got sick when she was forced to walk for a week without the resources she needed. She could just as easily died in route. She got immediate medical treatment. What more did you expect to be done? The parents made the choice to take her on the journey
what would you do to ensure your children's future, if you lived in a war torn country, no food, dirty water, and no access to anything at all? Would you stay there and 'put up with it'? Or would you do your damndest to get out and HOPE there is something better down that long road....cuz if you stay, you'll most certainly die, and so will your children.

So, - what's a parent to do in a country like that, who hears America gives asylum, and comes up here seeking refuge?
TheQueenOfEverything
Regent
Regent

Unread post

apparently they are supposed to “work to make their country better” but when pressed, nobody can ever explain exactly how they should do that.
scemily526 wrote: Mon Dec 17, 2018 9:25 am
viv74 wrote: Sun Dec 16, 2018 5:23 pm She got very ill within hours of being detained. Her father even said they were treated well. The child got sick when she was forced to walk for a week without the resources she needed. She could just as easily died in route. She got immediate medical treatment. What more did you expect to be done? The parents made the choice to take her on the journey
what would you do to ensure your children's future, if you lived in a war torn country, no food, dirty water, and no access to anything at all? Would you stay there and 'put up with it'? Or would you do your damndest to get out and HOPE there is something better down that long road....cuz if you stay, you'll most certainly die, and so will your children.

So, - what's a parent to do in a country like that, who hears America gives asylum, and comes up here seeking refuge?
Valentina327
Princess
Princess

Unread post

TheQueenOfEverything wrote: Mon Dec 17, 2018 9:08 am helicopter are fast. the should have called for it sooner.
Poietes wrote: Mon Dec 17, 2018 7:57 am

I have an idea! Why don't you go down there and supervise! LOL

Since you seem to know so much you could probably process these people immediate and wrangle a helicopter in 5 minutes. Your comments absolutely crack me up.

Nothing that is done will ever make you happy under this administration.
Let's Go Brandon!
#FJB

https://openvaers.com/
Locked Previous topicNext topic