American Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Animals

What do you think of the ads?
SeekingPeace
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Are they the ones that play that song, "In the Arms of the Angels"? If so, I can't watch those ones. They bring me to tears. :(
lunarprancer
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

SeekingPeace wrote: Sun Dec 16, 2018 9:33 pm Are they the ones that play that song, "In the Arms of the Angels"? If so, I can't watch those ones. They bring me to tears. :(
Yes! I feel awful every time one of their ads come on. Like, all the sad, neglected faces. It's such a guilt trip that it kind of annoys me. I avoid watching them.
Rosehawk
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

For shock factor: They hit the mark

For actually getting me to care and donate: They miss the mark by 100 miles.
I used to be a people person
Then people ruined it
lunarprancer
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

Rosehawk wrote: Sun Dec 16, 2018 9:39 pm For shock factor: They hit the mark

For actually getting me to care and donate: They miss the mark by 100 miles.
That is how I feel. I resent them for the guilt mongering so I block it out.
SeekingPeace
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Those ads disturb me so much that as soon as I hear 3 musical notes, I know enough to turn the channel. I wonder how many other viewers do the same and I wonder how many people DON'T donate because they can't even watch the commercial long enough to get the instructions to do so!
:(
Lunarprancer wrote: Sun Dec 16, 2018 9:38 pm
SeekingPeace wrote: Sun Dec 16, 2018 9:33 pm Are they the ones that play that song, "In the Arms of the Angels"? If so, I can't watch those ones. They bring me to tears. :(
Yes! I feel awful every time one of their ads come on. Like, all the sad, neglected faces. It's such a guilt trip that it kind of annoys me. I avoid watching them.
lunarprancer
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

SeekingPeace wrote: Sun Dec 16, 2018 9:42 pm Those ads disturb me so much that as soon as I hear 3 musical notes, I know enough to turn the channel. I wonder how many other viewers do the same and I wonder how many people DON'T donate because they can't even watch the commercial long enough to get the instructions to do so!
Exactly.
Valentina327
Princess
Princess

Unread post

SeekingPeace wrote: Sun Dec 16, 2018 9:42 pm Those ads disturb me so much that as soon as I hear 3 musical notes, I know enough to turn the channel. I wonder how many other viewers do the same and I wonder how many people DON'T donate because they can't even watch the commercial long enough to get the instructions to do so!
I immediately turn it.
Let's Go Brandon!
#FJB

https://openvaers.com/
SeekingPeace
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

I just read that in the first two years that the ad ran, it raised 30 million dollars. Supposedly, it has been one of, if not THE most successful fundraising efforts for the American Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Animals! So, apparently somebody's able to get through those ads! Not me, though!
SeekingPeace
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Me, too. As soon as I hear that song now, I envision those poor animals. Ruined the song for me!
Valentina327 wrote: Sun Dec 16, 2018 9:47 pm

I immediately turn it.
Locked Previous topicNext topic