Why are there so many new recalls on food lately?

Anonymous 1

Unread post

I know that recalls have been a thing but lately it feels like so many foods and now store brand infant Tylenol is being recalled for too much medicine in 1 dose. Before that it was romaine lettuce and hamburger and that is in just a few week span. Why do you think there are so many recalls lately?
MonarchMom
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

The food recalls have a lot to do with the centralizing of food production. When you process meat from thousands of animals at one plant, or produce from many different farms, the chance for cross contamination is multiplied. Any one item that has the contamination is co-mingled with all the rest. And the equipment used can further spread the bacteria.
I haven't followed the Tylenol story.
carterscutie85
Princess
Princess

Unread post

It's actually the ibuprofen being recalled, not acetaminophen which is different.

https://www.ketv.com/article/infant-ibu ... lLghT4ShcA

I don't know why things are being recalled, but I do know I've never heard of a Snickers being recalled, which is precisely why you should ignore the lettuce and eat candy instead lol.
highlandmum
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Packaged kale salads in my area just got recalled.
Pjmm
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

It's all Trumps fault. Idk how but I blame him. Lol
Lotus
Donated
Donated
Regent
Regent

Unread post

MonarchMom wrote: Thu Dec 06, 2018 1:04 pm The food recalls have a lot to do with the centralizing of food production. When you process meat from thousands of animals at one plant, or produce from many different farms, the chance for cross contamination is multiplied. Any one item that has the contamination is co-mingled with all the rest. And the equipment used can further spread the bacteria.
I haven't followed the Tylenol story.
You are pretty sharp. I enjoy your comments. So we have a Tylenol recall? I don't take them, but I didn't hear this one.
Anonymous 2

Unread post

Pjmm wrote: Thu Dec 06, 2018 4:00 pm It's all Trumps fault. Idk how but I blame him. Lol
Someone mentioned his safety deregulation's that he rolled back when he came into office years ago as a possible reason.
Pjmm
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Anonymous 2 wrote: Thu Dec 06, 2018 4:35 pm
Pjmm wrote: Thu Dec 06, 2018 4:00 pm It's all Trumps fault. Idk how but I blame him. Lol
Someone mentioned his safety deregulation's that he rolled back when he came into office years ago as a possible reason.
If it were up to him the conditions of meat packing plants that Sinclair wrote about in the Jungle would still be in effect.
LiveWhatULove
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

I disagree, as I think we all know this due to the millennials

LOL!!
Countrygirl
Marchioness
Marchioness

Unread post

Hey I would rather have recalls instead of the cyanide in the Tylenol bottles we had years ago.
Locked Previous topicNext topic