POTUS signs new breast-feeding bill for airports

Forum rules
Keep News and Politics about News and Politics.

Do not post full articles from other websites. Always link back to the source

Discuss things respectfully and take into account that each person has a different opinion.

Remember that this is a place for everyone to enjoy. Don’t try and run people off of the site. If you are upset with someone then utilize the foe feature.

Report when things come up.

Personal attacks are against guidelines however attacks need to be directed at a member on the forum for it to be against guidelines. Lying is not against guidelines, it’s hard for us to prove someone even did lie.

Once a topic is locked we consider the issue handled and no longer respond to new reports on the topic.
Deleted User 203

Unread post

I am a little surprised that THIS story has not made it here and because IMO, this could stir things up a bit for those who question the need for this sort of mandate directed at airports, and standing up for a woman's right to BF wherever she chooses vs a need for these new "lactation rooms."

Myself, I feel this is a fantastic idea and because back in the day, I was not comfortable breast-feeding publicly. I wasn't ashamed of breast-feeding so openly and no one I knew ever made me feel bad for doing so. But if I wasn't comfortable, lord knows, neither was the child I was breast-feeding.

FWIW, this is a rare bipartisan effort from Senator Duckwork (D) of Illinois and Senator Knight (R) from California.

Anyway, here's the link:

https://www.usatoday.com/story/life/all ... 613690002/
morgan
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

I think it's a great idea!

Before the FAM act, airports added nursing rooms at their own discretion. Now, not only are all large- and medium-sized airports required to provide them at each terminal, there are other provisions, too.

The lactation areas must:

Be available to the public
Be behind security
Be shielded from view and free from intrusion
Have a door that can be locked
Includes a place to sit, a table or other flat surface and an electrical outlet
Be accessible to and usable by individuals with disabilities, including individuals who use wheelchairs
Not be in a bathroom.
KAG
Mean Girl
Deleted User 203

Unread post

morgan wrote: Tue Oct 16, 2018 12:52 pm I think it's a great idea!

Before the FAM act, airports added nursing rooms at their own discretion. Now, not only are all large- and medium-sized airports required to provide them at each terminal, there are other provisions, too.

The lactation areas must:

Be available to the public
Be behind security
Be shielded from view and free from intrusion
Have a door that can be locked
Includes a place to sit, a table or other flat surface and an electrical outlet
Be accessible to and usable by individuals with disabilities, including individuals who use wheelchairs
Not be in a bathroom.
I think it's a wonderful wonderful idea and for those Mom's who just want that privacy.

It's always bothered me to read or on a few unfortunate times, see others shame that breast-feeding Mom for being so open and publicly feeding her child from her breast, and telling them to "go to the bathroom." It's despicable.

However, I've read over the years here online, so many breast-feeding Moms shame the women who are not comfortable breast-feeding openly.

It's a two-way street but I digress. lol I could go on and on about this subject.
Linaluo
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

I think it's great. I don't believe people should be shamed but I do believe that making the mom comfortable and safe is great.

You know today shit is crazy. What if you were openly breast feeding and a man looks and someone claims harassment what do you do then?
"We were born free and we will stay free" -President Trump 2020
Linaluo
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

There are crazy people out there too
Deleted User 203

Unread post

Linaluo wrote: Tue Oct 16, 2018 1:12 pm I think it's great. I don't believe people should be shamed but I do believe that making the mom comfortable and safe is great.

You know today shit is crazy. What if you were openly breast feeding and a man looks and someone claims harassment what do you do then?
At any other time-frame and to what I've highlighted above in red, I would think...nahh, people have common sense and can be reasonable (clearly going to own that I CAN BE quite naive and trusting lol :) ).

Today, however, totally and completely agree with you. It's the state of society today. It's rotten but this is what we've become.
Linaluo
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

AZLizardLady wrote: Tue Oct 16, 2018 1:17 pm
Linaluo wrote: Tue Oct 16, 2018 1:12 pm I think it's great. I don't believe people should be shamed but I do believe that making the mom comfortable and safe is great.

At any other time-frame and to what I've highlighted above in red, I would think...nahh, people have common sense and can be reasonable (clearly going to own that I CAN BE quite naive and trusting lol :) ).

Today, however, totally and completely agree with you. It's the state of society today. It's rotten but this is what we've become.
That is what we turned into. It's sad.
Locked Previous topicNext topic