IMPORTANT: DO NOT COPY AND PASTE ENTIRE ARTICLES

Anon

Unread post

According to this we cant post videos or music videos, if Im reading this correctly
(I quoted my first reply to add this)

DMCA stands for Digital Millennium Copyright Act. A DMCA notice is also known as a DMCA takedown notice or a DMCA request. The DMCA covers any copyrighted material that could be infringed on the internet, including:

Written words, such as articles, books, poetry, etc.
Videos
Audio files, including music
Still artwork, including photos and other images
Pictures that you've posted on your business's social media sites
Software
DMCA notices are not helpful when the company that is hosting the infringing material is not based in a country that respects these notices

https://www.upcounsel.com/dmca-notice
Anon wrote: Mon Oct 15, 2018 12:40 pm Cafemom said that as long as we posted the link then we could post the article , recipes or whatever info we were posting. I asked the admins because someone had c&p some recipes in my post without posting the link. They received a pm from cafemom because the admins deleted their replies.
So to be clear, we cant post recipes, news articles or any information now but just the link?
AllofFive19
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Okay. Sorry for the trouble.
“Don’t let yesterday take up too much of today.” – Will Rogers
12skipafew
Khaleesi
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Videos are fine as long as you use the embedd tool that we have available. If you watch a YouTube video on the forum, the original creator gets the view and whatever revenue comes with it. The video isn’t actually uploaded onto our server, it’s still on the server where it originated, it’s just embedded onto momconfessions.

Images are harder to keep track of, especially memes, if you find a picture on Pinterest for instance the source isn’t Pinterest it’s whatever site the picture was pinned from. They aren’t as concerned about images unless it’s some serious photography or a complaint is made by the creator. A meme or GIF that you can find all over online isn’t anything that they worry about.
Anon wrote: Mon Oct 15, 2018 1:12 pm According to this we cant post videos or music videos, if Im reading this correctly
(I quoted my first reply to add this)

DMCA stands for Digital Millennium Copyright Act. A DMCA notice is also known as a DMCA takedown notice or a DMCA request. The DMCA covers any copyrighted material that could be infringed on the internet, including:

Written words, such as articles, books, poetry, etc.
Videos
Audio files, including music
Still artwork, including photos and other images
Pictures that you've posted on your business's social media sites
Software
DMCA notices are not helpful when the company that is hosting the infringing material is not based in a country that respects these notices

https://www.upcounsel.com/dmca-notice
Anon wrote: Mon Oct 15, 2018 12:40 pm Cafemom said that as long as we posted the link then we could post the article , recipes or whatever info we were posting. I asked the admins because someone had c&p some recipes in my post without posting the link. They received a pm from cafemom because the admins deleted their replies.
So to be clear, we cant post recipes, news articles or any information now but just the link?
🤓The Admin 🤓
Vanillacupcake
Marchioness
Marchioness

Unread post

That is so damn stupid. Not you skip.
Once the writer puts it on the internet they know damn well it's going to be reposted everywhere.
I wonder how Facebook gets by with people doing that?
You can control what people do.
Vanillacupcake
Marchioness
Marchioness

Unread post

I would think as long as you have it in the rules you would be good. My thoughts anyway. I have no idea.
Vanillacupcake
Marchioness
Marchioness

Unread post

I would think as long as you have it in the rules you would be good. My thoughts anyway. I have no idea.
Vanillacupcake
Marchioness
Marchioness

Unread post

Damn it! There I went again posting duplicates! 🤨
Nerdymom
MegaMod
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

Vanillacupcake wrote: Mon Oct 15, 2018 2:16 pm I would think as long as you have it in the rules you would be good. My thoughts anyway. I have no idea.
The main thing is skip loses money from the ads if google sees it as a violation. Since it costs her quite a bit (especially recently) to run the site it means more out of pocket for her.
Vegaswife2011
Donated
Donated
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

Ok! Sorry you got in trouble Skip!
Reedusstalker

Unread post

Vegaswife2011 wrote: Mon Oct 15, 2018 4:06 pm Ok! Sorry you got in trouble Skip!
It actually was your fault. Google was like vegaswife, this is all her fault.
Locked Previous topicNext topic