Ashamed and scared

Momo3Queen2HerKing
Viscountess
Viscountess

Unread post

:cry: My family recently became homeless after we were staying with my parents to save money to buy a home. My dad was babysitting my 2yr old who's potty training for just 30 min while I got my ds6 from school (pick up lines suck). I got home to 2yo DS screaming and crying "Papa I pooped, I pooped" *he can pee on potty but not poop yet.* I asked my dad when he pooped and at 1st he claimed it was before I left but when I reminded him that I changed his diaper right before I left bc he'd been having the runs.

So he became defensive and said that it wasn't his responsibility bc I took 5 min longer than normal. When I said that was a shitty excuse and thing to do. Bc all you have to do to change ds2 is turning the shower head on (hand held) and give him some wipes and he does most of the work.

He turned on me and said that I was a shitty F***ing mom (out of nowhere bc I am always doing something for my children but I think it's bc I don't beat my kids like he did when he was an alcoholic when I was a kid and that my oldest lives with his dad.). We got into a huge argument and I left.

That evening as DH the kids and I were leaving to go buy dinner for everyone. My mom asked me if I had done something and I told her no and explained I'd had a lot on my mind and forgot. He freaked out and started going on about me being disrespectful and I should be glad he'd even watched DS (he did every day). Then something about I better never yell at him again he's my father and I'm to respect him no matter what.

DH defended me and told him that he had disrespected me and he'd been yelling at me for the most part of the day. So if course I was going to get sick of it and yell back. So he tried to pull a; C02 pistol on DH and we left for the night after that.

The next day I thought things would be calmer so we went home. He wasn't there but he got home after picking my mom up from work about 8 hours later. B he was drunk. I didn't know at first bc he hasn't drank since I wouldn't let him hold my now 12yo DS when he was 5 months old bc was drunk.

I asked him when he would have the $10 he owed me bc I needed it back and it was days after he said he would. He freaked out again, called me a stupid F***ing bitch and when I got mad and started cussing him out he tried punching me in the face but my mom blocked him and he got me in the side of my neck.

We immediately got as much stuff together as we could and left and now we're..... Homeless.... Nobody has enough room for us to stay with them plus I have 2 cats and everyone I know has dogs. So we got lucky and had enough money in savings for a hotel. Well it's been weeks and savings are gone.

We started a GFM and Facebook fundraiser and have raised $130 in the past 3-4 days. I'm just scared we're not going to be able to find a home while staying in hotels.

I started calling all the churches and charities etc that I found in the phone book and none have enough funds. I'm in central Oklahoma. Does anyone have advice on places to go to asking for help?

I'm embarrassed bc I've never been in a position like this. So please don't bash me right now. I know a lot of you don't like me *hint part of the reason I haven't been on in so long* but my family is destitute and desperately need help.

TIA
If life has you down, make a change in your life. As life is too short to be unhappy even for a minute!
Deleted User 670

Unread post

If you were staying with family to save money to buy a home why don't you have enough money for a down payment on an apartment?
Momo3Queen2HerKing
Viscountess
Viscountess

Unread post

pinkbutterfly66 wrote: Wed Oct 10, 2018 12:09 am If you were staying with family to save money to buy a home why don't you have enough money for a down payment on an apartment?
Bc we didn't have enough for deposit first and last month rent pet deposit and App Fee and credit checks. Plus we had to leave immediately and hotels in this area aren't cheap.

They run around $320 and up per week and that's with or without kitchennets (sp? *Tiny kitchens with just fridge double burner stove microwave and if ur lucky a coffee pot) the ones without even a fridge and microwave are $290+

I just wished we had stayed where we were. But my mom asked us to move in bc my dad "needed" someone with him at all times in case he had a "medical episode" so they could call 911 but a lot of the family thinks he's overreactin exaggerating bc he'll refuse to go to the hospital.

I just feel lost and hopeless bc we can't afford to save for an apartment while staying in hotels. But we're very grateful to those who donated to us.

There's a lot more to this that has caused me to completely cut my parents out of my life for good
If life has you down, make a change in your life. As life is too short to be unhappy even for a minute!
Pjmm
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Ask a rental agent. Not every apartment requires all those fees.
EarlGrayHot
Regent
Regent

Unread post

I'd call the police on his ass for assaulting you.
Momo3Queen2HerKing
Viscountess
Viscountess

Unread post

EarlGrayHot wrote: Wed Oct 10, 2018 2:07 pm I'd call the police on his ass for assaulting you.
I did.
EarlGrayHot
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Report this to the police right now! Why would you tolerate being hit by this lunatic? Was he always physically abusive?
Locked Previous topicNext topic