Cosleeping transition...

Mom Talk is a group for moms to come for advice and should be looked at as a more supportive community than Mom Confessions. Those who aren’t here for drama but want to connect with other moms or have questions about parenting can hang out here.
destinyangl21
Lady in Waiting
Lady in Waiting

Unread post

My DD is a year old now and has been sleeping with me ever since she was a newborn. I have tried several times to transition her to her own bed but I can't bring myself to listen to her cry.

The last time I tried she got so upset that she ended up throwing up. :( I bought her a toddler bed today and I plan on putting her into her own room, but I want to try to get her to sleep in her own crib by herself first.

Any recommendations on how I can transition without her throwing up?
LiveWhatULove
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

With my DSs, they were comforted by taking copious amounts of things with them to their little beds, lol. Like there was not any room left for them to sleep, HAHA. As they were old enough, SIDS was not a concern, so they picked out books, stuffies, blankies, bath toys. We arranged it, just so, and sat there with them, as they lay in all their glory of possessions. I think it gave them a sense of control. But to be truthful, they had slept in their cribs before, this just helped when they went through awkward growth transitions of separation anxiety in toddlerhood.

My DD is still in my bed...at age 4...it is hell...I have no other advice.
EarlGrayHot
Regent
Regent

Unread post

"Awkward growth transitions of separation anxiety" means what?
Locked Previous topicNext topic