Potty training help...

Mom Talk is a group for moms to come for advice and should be looked at as a more supportive community than Mom Confessions. Those who aren’t here for drama but want to connect with other moms or have questions about parenting can hang out here.
jas
Donated
Donated
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

Sooo.. There are way too many years between my kids for me to remember. My 3 yr old daughter has been using the potty for about a month for both (pee and poop) - wakes up dry, etc. I thought we were going great.
Yesterday she wanted a pull up after we came home from the pool. Without thinking, I put one on her (as she goes to bed with them and wears panties during the day). she pooped.
Today she took her panties off, pulled on a pull up and pooped again. She'll pee all day long in the potty, but the past 2 days she's stopped pooping in it.
Obviously I need to take the pull ups away except for night, but is regression normal? Nothing has changed - other than her older brother (12) is out of school and is home all the time but they don't interact much.
LiveWhatULove
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

I think it is. A lot of children have contipation issues holding poop, for many reasons, but fearing the toilet is one.

I would simply bring out a reward system.

Poop in potty = reward.
CherryTreez
Regent
Regent

Unread post

I would take the pull ups away. If she wakes up dry, then put her on the potty as soon as she wakes up. No more pull ups should fix some of the problems.
Madeyemoody
Countess
Countess

Unread post

Ok she wakes up dry, if she has to use the bathroom in the middle of the night, does she tell you? If so, I’d ditch the pull ups.

Actually I’d just ditch them all together. Dd3 has only had two potty accidents at night and it wasn’t that big of a deal to change the sheets and mattress protector.
Lotus
Donated
Donated
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Its normal if you allow it. I put my children on the toilet on regular intervals. The choice to put on a pull up themselves so they could soil them was never an option.
T3hSarah
Baroness
Baroness

Unread post

Take away the pull ups completely. Get a mattress protector or some pads to protect the mattress and just take the pull ups out of the equation. Doing so will likely resolve the issue.
Spunky
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

Have you asked her why she wanted to poo in a pull up?

I'd introduce a good jar and get rid of pull ups. They are for your comfort and doesn't benefit the child in any way.
Spunky
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

Spunky wrote: Wed Sep 05, 2018 10:51 am Have you asked her why she wanted to poo in a pull up?

I'd introduce a goody jar and get rid of pull ups. They are for your comfort and doesn't benefit the child in any way.
Deleted User 670

Unread post

So how is it going Jas? Is your daughter back on track with the potty?
Locked Previous topicNext topic