IMPORTANT INFORMATION PLEASE READ! https://momconfessions.net/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=26319

The Princes in the Tower

This group is for things that have happened in history, no current political topics allowed. If the president is still alive today, don’t bring him up here.
Forum rules
NO current events or politics. If the president is alive right now, don’t bring him up here

NO personal attacks at all. No petty kindergarten attacks, no he said/she said arguing, etc. Discuss things like mothers and not like children.

Link Sources if you post a quote to an article. Quotes can ONLY be short paragraphs.

Label it a fact or theory

NO CONSERVATIVE VS LIBERAL ARGUMENTS

We all know about the democrat/republican switch. No need to argue about it.
Momto2boys973
Queen Mother
Queen Mother

Unread post Thu May 23, 2019 4:50 pm

I agree. Women have had more strength and influence that we give them credit for, even in male dominated societies. There’s something to be said for female wisdom.
morgan wrote:
Thu May 23, 2019 9:20 am
I believe that women play a much bigger role in ancient history and politics that they are given credit before. Gregory portrays some of them as being players who use the only deadly weapon they really had to control their lives and those lives around them: manipulation.

Momto2boys973 wrote:
Thu May 23, 2019 8:03 am
I enjoy them too. You’re right about the women in her books. I’m guessing that at that time women really had no upper hand whatsoever, so being a bit Machiavellian was the way to survive and prosper. You had to be a bit smarter than the men 😉
I don’t mind her creative license. If I want historical accuracy, then I would read a non-fiction history book. She twists some things (or provides interesting theories!) to make it more interesting.
KnotaDinghy wrote:
Thu May 23, 2019 1:40 am

I found her books on this time period to be a unique - focusing a lot on the power the women held and how scheming and manipulative they were. The history around the houses of royalty is fascinating to me. I know many, many people are critical of her writing and inaccuracies in her books. I'll keep enjoying her works though.
pinkbutterfly66
Princess
Princess

Unread post Fri Aug 23, 2019 1:34 pm

Didn't archeologists find 2 juvenile skeletons in the Tower?
Women who behave seldom make history
morgan
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post Fri Aug 23, 2019 2:50 pm

pinkbutterfly66 wrote:
Fri Aug 23, 2019 1:34 pm
Didn't archeologists find 2 juvenile skeletons in the Tower?
Yes - under the stairs. But popular theory is that only one of the skeletons belonged to Prince Edward. Prince Richard was swapped out for a servant boy and smuggled away. He came back decades later and attempted to claim the throne but was executed by Henry the 7th.
KAG
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic