Poll: This Affects* Everyone and The Site so Please Vote!

How to Fix The Site

Purge posts made in the very beginning
14%
Cut styles down to 2 and get rid of some extensions
13%
Keep everything and deal with speed issues and random errors that may pop up
5%
Purge old posts and cut down on styles
67%

Total votes: 129
Baconqueen13
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

Anonymous 3 wrote: Thu Apr 09, 2020 10:40 pm
Baconqueen13 wrote: Thu Apr 09, 2020 10:36 pm
Anonymous 3 wrote: Thu Apr 09, 2020 10:06 pm

Bacon, some of us love your assholiness 😀
My assholishnes is starting to merge. I usually reserve it only for this site, it's beginning to cross over to my local community rants and raves page on FB. I didn't think anyone could be dumber than the trolls over here. I was wrong. (You better screen shot this bitch I'm usually NEVER F***ing wrong)
Got it😀
Bitch. LOL
Emandab
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

Do what ever you have to do. That is my opinion.
Deleted User 203

Unread post

Whatever works the best for you and this site.
Anonymous 1

Unread post

Conweis wrote: Thu Apr 09, 2020 10:49 am Too bad you cant find our who has multiple accounts and purge those.
Purge members who havent been active in six month and posts from one year past.
I don't know how people make multiple accounts.
Anonymous 1

Unread post

KnotaDinghy wrote: Thu Apr 09, 2020 10:00 pm I’m all for purging - both inactive members and posts.

And as much as I enjoy the Meme forum, it’s pretty ridiculous that each meme is it’s own thread. That’s a forum that could use an overhaul. Plus in N&P, the multiple threads on the same news item gets really tiring. Other boards are strict to keep it to one and that’s more helpful.

Overall though I think you should do what you feel is best for the site you pay for and you manage.
If the Meme forum is taking up space, it should be eliminated altogether.
12skipafew
Khaleesi
Regent
Regent

Unread post

You just create an account like normal, you can even have multiple screen names attached to one email address.
Anonymous 1 wrote: Fri Apr 10, 2020 2:04 pm
Conweis wrote: Thu Apr 09, 2020 10:49 am Too bad you cant find our who has multiple accounts and purge those.
🤓The Admin 🤓
12skipafew
Khaleesi
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Honestly, whether it’s a single topic or multiple, each meme that’s uploaded as an attachment will end up in the same table on the database. As long as memes are posted using the img tag they don’t take up any space at all. The only time an image is saved on the database is when it’s uploaded using the attachment tab.

I’ve actually been seriously considering purchasing my own, physical, dedicated server because it’s a one time purchase of around $1,000 instead of spending hundreds per month every month. The problem is just keeping it running smoothly. I’ve never owned my own dedicated server before, I’ve only ever had a vps (virtual private server.)
KnotaDinghy wrote: Thu Apr 09, 2020 10:00 pm I’m all for purging - both inactive members and posts.

And as much as I enjoy the Meme forum, it’s pretty ridiculous that each meme is it’s own thread. That’s a forum that could use an overhaul. Plus in N&P, the multiple threads on the same news item gets really tiring. Other boards are strict to keep it to one and that’s more helpful.

Overall though I think you should do what you feel is best for the site you pay for and you manage.
🤓The Admin 🤓
Anonymous 1

Unread post

12skipafew wrote: Fri Apr 10, 2020 2:39 pm You just create an account like normal, you can even have multiple screen names attached to one email address.
Anonymous 1 wrote: Fri Apr 10, 2020 2:04 pm
Is there no way to prevent that?
KnotaDinghy
Regent
Regent

Unread post

12skipafew wrote: Fri Apr 10, 2020 2:45 pm Honestly, whether it’s a single topic or multiple, each meme that’s uploaded as an attachment will end up in the same table on the database. As long as memes are posted using the img tag they don’t take up any space at all. The only time an image is saved on the database is when it’s uploaded using the attachment tab.

I’ve actually been seriously considering purchasing my own, physical, dedicated server because it’s a one time purchase of around $1,000 instead of spending hundreds per month every month. The problem is just keeping it running smoothly. I’ve never owned my own dedicated server before, I’ve only ever had a vps (virtual private server.)

I meant from the volume of threads it creates as opposed to the memes themselves.
“You’re either on drugs or retarded.
Nobody posts the crap you post unless they’re abnormal.” - derp
Frau Holle
Regent
Regent

Unread post

I also agree about only using the milk v2 style, I wouldn't care if they were all gone but that one.
“ I have loved the stars too fondly to be fearful of the night “ - Sarah Williams
Locked Previous topicNext topic