Princess Royal

Unread post

Sounds interesting.
12skipafew
Khaleesi
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Yea, plus the blog entries need approved by me before going up on the site so if we do get anything out of line or inappropriate it can be disapproved. I understand completely that some people either write about sensitive topics or are concerned about keeping their personal information safe so I am in complete support of anonymous posting. It would be like on here though where I would need to know who is posting, this time instead of for moderating purposes it would be for ad sharing reasons.
Linda_Runs wrote: Mon Jan 27, 2020 8:54 am
12skipafew wrote: Mon Jan 27, 2020 8:45 am Yes, the setup I have allows anonymous entries.
Anonymous 3 wrote: Mon Jan 27, 2020 7:41 am Would this be anonymous?
While I am not a fan of the Anonymous button, many are. I guess it is better to include anonymous entries to have maximum participation than only named profiles with less participation since this is a revenue generating opportunity.
🤓The Admin 🤓
Momto2boys973
Princess
Princess

Unread post

I agree. I’m also not a fan of the anonymous feature, mostly because I see it more abused than used, KWIM?
But as Skip said, the entries would be reviewed before being posted, so that’s an element of control while allowing someone who wants to share something very personal to remain anonymous. I can imagine that if I wanted to share something about something difficult like an abortion, infidelity, or any other controversial issue, I’d be more comfortable being anonymous.
12skipafew wrote: Mon Jan 27, 2020 8:45 am Yes, the setup I have allows anonymous entries.
While I am not a fan of the Anonymous button, many are. I guess it is better to include anonymous entries to have maximum participation than only named profiles with less participation since this is a revenue generating opportunity.
❤️🇮🇱 עמ׳ ישראל חי 🇮🇱❤️
Valentina327
Princess
Princess

Unread post

What a cool idea! What topics are you thinking?
Let's Go Brandon!
#FJB

https://openvaers.com/
Anonymous 4

Unread post

I just laughed out loud at that meme! :lol:
Anonymous 2 wrote: Mon Jan 27, 2020 12:20 am I just love Wordpress so much :cry:

Plus

Anonymous 1 wrote: Mon Jan 27, 2020 12:08 amA blog
Anonymous 4

Unread post

This. I have often thought that there would be more activity in News & Politics, too, if the anon option were available there. But I understand that many who use that forum do not want the anon option there. And I respect that. I don't understand it. But I respect it.

Pjmm
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Or have the ability to use pen names. Frankly if I was to write something autobiographical I would change names and sometimes S*x of my children. I want to keep THEM anon not so much me.
12skipafew
Khaleesi
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Anything really, it could be a personal story, it could be general advice, it could be about something you do as a hobby, etc. As long as it relates to you as a mom somehow and isn’t a typical mommy blog post that has been done to death like the 10 best breastfeeding tips lol.
Valentina327 wrote: Mon Jan 27, 2020 10:24 am What a cool idea! What topics are you thinking?
🤓The Admin 🤓
12skipafew
Khaleesi
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Anonymous posting does not work in that group at all. There’s way too many strong feelings and sensitive topics it turns into a blood bath with anonymous posting. I’ve had it in there before.
Anonymous 4 wrote: Mon Jan 27, 2020 10:50 am This. I have often thought that there would be more activity in News & Politics, too, if the anon option were available there. But I understand that many who use that forum do not want the anon option there. And I respect that. I don't understand it. But I respect it.

🤓The Admin 🤓
bmw29
Regent
Regent

Unread post

I'm going to have to give this a bit of thought. I do a lot of DIY type stuff. Furniture renovations, furniture building, wooden bowl turning, painted tumblers, sign making, tshirts....this might be fun. I also know I'm freaking horrible at remembering to take pictures and documenting my steps so for me this would either be motivation to get better at that or a complete bust. Haha
Locked Previous topicNext topic