Update: You can now delete your own topics

User avatar
12skipafew
Khaleesi
Regent
Regent
Posts: 2136
Joined: Mon May 21, 2018 9:02 pm

Unread post Fri Jan 25, 2019 9:07 am

Update: this will only work for topics created after the extension was created. I looked into some of the topics that users weren’t able to delete and they were made before the extension. Thanks dylexsmommy for helping me figure that out!

The mods and I have been getting a lot of requests for topics to be deleted. Since we delete when requested, I decided to have an extension created to allow users to delete their own topics.

I know that some of you don’t like it when posts are deleted but it’s easier on us this way.

Here is how you can delete a topic:
C3F30365-F5CF-4EAB-AAE6-FCBA7B7970A4.jpeg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
🤓The Admin 🤓
Anonymous 1

Unread post Fri Jan 25, 2019 3:17 pm

You should clarify that you still cannot delete your comments. Just threads you have started.
User avatar
carterscutie85
Princess Royal
Princess Royal
Posts: 5493
Joined: Mon May 21, 2018 10:19 am

Unread post Sat Jan 26, 2019 8:15 am

I tried and it says I don't have permission to delete my posts.
Image
User avatar
Linda_Runs
Donated
Donated
Duchess
Duchess
Posts: 1117
Joined: Thu Jan 03, 2019 9:38 am
Location: Nut House

Unread post Sat Jan 26, 2019 9:34 am

I would not delete my comments anyways. If I reply with something totally wrong or stupid, I will either apologize or just move on.
Anonymous 2

Unread post Sun Jan 27, 2019 6:43 pm

Great, now you’re going to summon the infamous post deleted from ML. Lol
Dylexsmommy
Regent
Regent
Posts: 4385
Joined: Mon May 21, 2018 9:04 am

Unread post Tue Jan 29, 2019 12:22 pm

I can't delete either. It tells me I don't have permission.
wait for it...
User avatar
12skipafew
Khaleesi
Regent
Regent
Posts: 2136
Joined: Mon May 21, 2018 9:02 pm

Unread post Tue Jan 29, 2019 1:22 pm

Are you deleting your topics or comments? Topics are the original post.
Dylexsmommy wrote:
Tue Jan 29, 2019 12:22 pm
I can't delete either. It tells me I don't have permission.
🤓The Admin 🤓
Dylexsmommy
Regent
Regent
Posts: 4385
Joined: Mon May 21, 2018 9:04 am

Unread post Tue Jan 29, 2019 1:24 pm

12skipafew wrote:
Tue Jan 29, 2019 1:22 pm
Are you deleting your topics or comments? Topics are the original post.
Dylexsmommy wrote:
Tue Jan 29, 2019 12:22 pm
I can't delete either. It tells me I don't have permission.
I tried to delete a topic.
wait for it...
User avatar
12skipafew
Khaleesi
Regent
Regent
Posts: 2136
Joined: Mon May 21, 2018 9:02 pm

Unread post Tue Jan 29, 2019 1:26 pm

That’s weird, can you send me a screenshot of the message you get? I haven’t had trouble with any of my test accounts.
Dylexsmommy wrote:
Tue Jan 29, 2019 1:24 pm
12skipafew wrote:
Tue Jan 29, 2019 1:22 pm
Are you deleting your topics or comments? Topics are the original post.
Dylexsmommy wrote:
Tue Jan 29, 2019 12:22 pm
I can't delete either. It tells me I don't have permission.
I tried to delete a topic.
🤓The Admin 🤓
Dylexsmommy
Regent
Regent
Posts: 4385
Joined: Mon May 21, 2018 9:04 am

Unread post Tue Jan 29, 2019 1:35 pm

cant delete.PNG
This was an attempted delete from the Mom Confessions board
12skipafew wrote:
Tue Jan 29, 2019 1:26 pm
That’s weird, can you send me a screenshot of the message you get? I haven’t had trouble with any of my test accounts.
Dylexsmommy wrote:
Tue Jan 29, 2019 1:24 pm
12skipafew wrote:
Tue Jan 29, 2019 1:22 pm
Are you deleting your topics or comments? Topics are the original post.

I tried to delete a topic.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
wait for it...
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic