I’m not anti-choice

Yoloo
Princess
Princess

Unread post

DSamuels wrote: Thu Mar 05, 2020 7:44 pm
Yoloo wrote: Thu Mar 05, 2020 7:40 pm
DSamuels wrote: Thu Mar 05, 2020 7:35 pm

Hmm, I was told that hormonal birth control pills prevent pregnancy by preventing ovulation. No egg release, no pregnancy. Now an IUD with hormones would prevent implantation. But not all hormonal BC works the same.
You were told wrong.

They all have the same end results but how it happens might be a little different. If you give me an example of hormonal birth control I can show you the information.
Damn! I guess I should give you all my doctors and Ob/gyn names. And while you’re at it you should probably set these two websites straight. I can give you a lot more websites that say the exact same thing, or you can google it yourself.

C462B3B1-6110-4464-9048-D1C55CB4224D.jpeg
A random website is not more accurate than the prescription information and the mechanism of action.

What kind of birth control were you told only prevented ovulation?
Yoloo
Princess
Princess

Unread post

DSamuels wrote: Thu Mar 05, 2020 7:35 pm

Hmm, I was told that hormonal birth control pills prevent pregnancy by preventing ovulation. No egg release, no pregnancy. Now an IUD with hormones would prevent implantation. But not all hormonal BC works the same.
You were told wrong.

They all have the same end results but how it happens might be a little different. If you give me an example of hormonal birth control I can show you the information.
Damn! I guess I should give you all my doctors and Ob/gyn names. And while you’re at it you should probably set these two websites straight. I can give you a lot more websites that say the exact same thing, or you can google it yourself.

Also of you bothered to read the website it proves me right

"It also keeps the uterine lining in a condition that doesn't support implantation and nourishment of the fertilized egg."
DSamuels
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

Yoloo wrote: Thu Mar 05, 2020 7:55 pm

You were told wrong.

A random website is not more accurate than the prescription information and the mechanism of action.

Not much of a reader of comments I guess. My first sentence to you was

Hmm, I was told that hormonal birth control pills prevent pregnancy by preventing ovulation.
Never explain - your friends do not need it and your enemies will not believe you anyway. - Elbert Hubbard

Keep up - Calm Down - Pay Attention
Yoloo
Princess
Princess

Unread post

DSamuels wrote: Thu Mar 05, 2020 8:35 pm

Hmm, I was told that hormonal birth control pills prevent pregnancy by preventing ovulation.
Lol oh the irony. You didn't even read the website. Hormonal birth control pills do thin the lining of the uterus. Your own website says that.

You really are not very smart.
BTW I meant specific brand.
DSamuels
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

You were told wrong.

“A random website”? I gave you 2 health websites out of 772,000 results for “ does hormonal birth control prevent ovulation”

You better notify Planned Parenthood that their website is also giving false information.
How do birth control pills prevent pregnancy?

The birth control pill works by stopping sperm from joining with an egg (which is called fertilization).

The hormones in the pill stop ovulation. No ovulation means there’s no egg hanging around for sperm to fertilize, so pregnancy can’t happen.
https://www.plannedparenthood.org/learn ... ntrol-pill

Of course this does assume the person is responsible about taking their pills. If they aren’t then an egg could be released. That is not the norm for BCP.
Never explain - your friends do not need it and your enemies will not believe you anyway. - Elbert Hubbard

DSamuels
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

Yoloo wrote: Thu Mar 05, 2020 8:37 pm

Lol oh the irony. You didn't even read the website. Hormonal birth control pills do thin the lining of the uterus. Your own website says that.

Really? The last line talks about the lining and that it pertains to progestin pills only. I guess you either skipped or didn’t comprehend the first part of the article.

How hormonal birth control prevents pregnancy

By Dawn Stacey, PhD, LMHC Medically reviewed by
Hormonal birth control supplies a steady level of both progestin and/or estrogen every day. This steady supply of hormone helps birth control stop ovulation. 1In order to get pregnant, there must be an egg for the sperm to fertilize. So, when birth control stops ovulation, an egg is not released from the ovary. With no egg for the sperm to join, pregnancy is prevented.

Combination birth control methods (such as the birth control pill, the patch, and NuvaRing) have the main goal each month of preventing your body from releasing an egg. Sometimes, progestin-only birth control (like Depo-Provera, the minipill, Mirena, Nexplanon, and Skyla) can also do this. The estrogen and/or progestin found in these methods can cause birth control to stop ovulation.

Yoloo
Princess
Princess

Unread post

DSamuels wrote: Thu Mar 05, 2020 8:50 pm

Really? The last line talks about the lining and that it pertains to progestin pills only. I guess you either skipped or didn’t comprehend the first part of the article.

Hormonal birth control supplies a steady level of both progestin and/or estrogen every day. This steady supply of hormone helps birth control stop ovulation. 1In order to get pregnant, there must be an egg for the sperm to fertilize. So, when birth control stops ovulation, an egg is not released from the ovary. With no egg for the sperm to join, pregnancy is prevented.

Combination birth control methods (such as the birth control pill, the patch, and NuvaRing) have the main goal each month of preventing your body from releasing an egg. Sometimes, progestin-only birth control (like Depo-Provera, the minipill, Mirena, Nexplanon, and Skyla) can also do this. The estrogen and/or progestin found in these methods can cause birth control to stop ovulation.
Since you do not seem to be smart enough to be able to give me a specific brand I will go with a popular one

https://www.centerwatch.com/directories ... norgestrel

. Although the primary mechanism of this action is inhibition of ovulation, other alterations include changes in the cervical mucus (which increase the difficulty of sperm entry into the uterus) and changes in the endometrium (which reduce the likelihood of implantation).

I can prove it with any brand of hormonal birth control.
Yoloo
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Here is another popular BCP. Are you trying to say the FDA Is wrong? You actually look stupid.

https://www.accessdata.fda.gov/drugsatf ... 007lbl.pdf

CLINICAL PHARMACOLOGY
Mode of Action
Combination oral contraceptives act by suppression of gonadotropins. Although the primary
mechanism of this action is inhibition of ovulation, other alterations include changes in the
cervical mucus (which increase the difficulty of sperm entry into the uterus) and the
endometrium (which reduce the likelihood of implantation).
Yoloo
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Here is a combination pill. AKA not a progesterone only. Also from the FDA. Maybe you should call them up so that you can tell them that your shitty doctors told you differently so they must be wrong.

CLINICAL PHARMACOLOGY
Combination oral contraceptives act by suppression of gonadotropins. Although the
primary mechanism of this action is inhibition of ovulation, other alterations include
changes in the cervical mucus (which increase the difficulty of sperm entry into the
uterus) and the endometrium (which reduce the likelihood of implantation).

https://www.accessdata.fda.gov/drugsatf ... 025lbl.pdf
DSamuels
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

Yoloo wrote: Thu Mar 05, 2020 8:56 pm

Since you do not seem to be smart enough to be able to give me a specific brand I will go with a popular one

https://www.centerwatch.com/directories ... norgestrel

. Although the primary mechanism of this action is inhibition of ovulation, other alterations include changes in the cervical mucus (which increase the difficulty of sperm entry into the uterus) and changes in the endometrium (which reduce the likelihood of implantation).

I can prove it with any brand of hormonal birth control.
I have neither the time nor inclination to give you brands of BCP to you. You seem to be the not-so-smart one as you don’t seem to understand the difference between different hormonal birth control. They do not all work the same. Progestin, not progesterone, changes the cervical mucus. In combination hormonal birth control pills the objective is no ovulation.
Combination hormonal birth control stops ovulation. Progestin-only birth control only stops ovulation in about 40% of women, but its other effects on the cervical mucus and uterine lining act to prevent pregnancy if ovulation occurs.
And I would never, ever trust information from some stranger claiming to know things, calling me stupid, telling me my doctors are shitty and yet claiming multiple articles from medical websites, including PP, are wrong.

Nice try troll. Good night.

Locked Previous topicNext topic