Unread post

KAG
Mean Girl
YouKnowWho
Countess
Countess

Unread post

californiagirl83 wrote: Thu Oct 10, 2019 4:41 pm
YouKnowWho wrote: Wed Oct 09, 2019 7:51 pm The same putrid party that supports putting kids in concentration camps just greenlighted the ethnic cleansing of the Kurds.
Republicans have earned their Nazi comparisons!
I couldn't find another way to respond other than quoting you. I have to agree with you.

Dh spent time in northern Iraq when he was overseas, and was invited by a squad member to his family's New Year celebration. He said it was the only time he actually felt comparitively safe and wanted while in theater. Everyone was dressed up, and either dancing or excitedly talking to other soldiers, thanking them for being there (in Iraq in general).

They're facing extermination. And why? Because they didn't lend us a hand in Normandy. (Rolls eyes) I just can't fathom anyone being this gddm petty!
Thank you for your husband's service. Trump now has the blood on his hands for this.
YouKnowWho
Countess
Countess

Unread post

29again
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Geez! It's just so hard to tell now which wars are the "good" ones and which ones are the "bad" ones. I recall not so long ago that the dems were all about getting our guys (and gals) back home, and not fighting those useless republican wars any more. I just wonder when they changed their mind about fighting in Iraq.

The way I'm seeing this, we have allies in both Syria and Turkey, and I couldn't begin to know which are who, anywhere in the ME. One group we train to fight their neighbors. Doesn't make sense to me, and what does make sense is to not get involved.
Expand your thinking

It’s possible to disagree with an article and not respond with a personal attack you know.
Try it.
Deleted User 203

Unread post

29again wrote: Thu Oct 10, 2019 9:41 pm Geez! It's just so hard to tell now which wars are the "good" ones and which ones are the "bad" ones. I recall not so long ago that the dems were all about getting our guys (and gals) back home, and not fighting those useless republican wars any more. I just wonder when they changed their mind about fighting in Iraq.

The way I'm seeing this, we have allies in both Syria and Turkey, and I couldn't begin to know which are who, anywhere in the ME. One group we train to fight their neighbors. Doesn't make sense to me, and what does make sense is to not get involved.
I personally think Trump has been wrong in pulling troops from Syria. I agree with him that we cannot be the world's police (another often told argument of many Democrats over time) but THIS was not the time for us to leave the Kurds and the innocents in Syria to suffer and struggle because we have.

Just the same, when the only argument anyone has about this (vs actually discussing this situation with open dialogue and a willingness to at least listen to others who might not agree with you, which is apparently too hard to do for some) is to simply tell those who are Trump supporters/voters "F you," you know it's pointless to continue any ounce of discussion.

They're just in it to roar.
AnonXxdarkfoxx1
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

Trump supporters f**k YOU!
Valentina327
Princess
Princess

Unread post

29again wrote: Thu Oct 10, 2019 9:41 pm Geez! It's just so hard to tell now which wars are the "good" ones and which ones are the "bad" ones. I recall not so long ago that the dems were all about getting our guys (and gals) back home, and not fighting those useless republican wars any more. I just wonder when they changed their mind about fighting in Iraq.

This is what I'm not clear on. They don't want us involved in "useless wars". I thought they WANTED our troops to come home. They need to pick a position and stay with it. More incongruous thought.
Let's Go Brandon!
#FJB

https://openvaers.com/
Valentina327
Princess
Princess

Unread post

AnonXxdarkfoxx1 wrote: Fri Oct 11, 2019 1:19 am Trump supporters f**k YOU!
Back atcha from an anti-communist. ;)
Let's Go Brandon!
#FJB

Valentina327
Princess
Princess

Unread post

AZLizardLady wrote: Fri Oct 11, 2019 12:40 am

I personally think Trump has been wrong in pulling troops from Syria. I agree with him that we cannot be the world's police (another often told argument of many Democrats over time) but THIS was not the time for us to leave the Kurds and the innocents in Syria to suffer and struggle because we have.

Just the same, when the only argument anyone has about this (vs actually discussing this situation with open dialogue and a willingness to at least listen to others who might not agree with you, which is apparently too hard to do for some) is to simply tell those who are Trump supporters/voters "F you," you know it's pointless to continue any ounce of discussion.

They're just in it to roar.
I thought that I had seen something to the effect that Turkey was going to advance regardless, so he got our 50 guys out of harms way.

Would 50 of our boys on their own have been able to fight off Turkish advancement? That's my question. Would our boys have remained there only to be overpowered and slaughtered? I'm wondering about that.
Let's Go Brandon!
#FJB

Locked Previous topicNext topic