I’m not anti-choice

Momto2boys973
Princess
Princess

Unread post

So... if people who think choices should have a limit are “anti-choice”, can I say that those who put limits on the value of life are “anti-life”?
Baconqueen13 wrote: Wed Jan 29, 2020 1:18 pm If you are against ALL choices being available you are indeed, anti-choice. Abortion is a choice, you do not have to agree with it, Excluding it means you are giving an ultimatum and NOT a choice.
❤️🇮🇱 עמ׳ ישראל חי 🇮🇱❤️
jas
Donated
Donated
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

Momto2boys973 wrote: Fri Feb 21, 2020 5:10 pm So... if people who think choices should have a limit are “anti-choice”, can I say that those who put limits on the value of life are “anti-life”?
Baconqueen13 wrote: Wed Jan 29, 2020 1:18 pm If you are against ALL choices being available you are indeed, anti-choice. Abortion is a choice, you do not have to agree with it, Excluding it means you are giving an ultimatum and NOT a choice.
Isn't that a fancy name for "killer"?
Frau Holle
Regent
Regent

Unread post

jas wrote: Sat Feb 29, 2020 4:18 pm
Momto2boys973 wrote: Fri Feb 21, 2020 5:10 pm So... if people who think choices should have a limit are “anti-choice”, can I say that those who put limits on the value of life are “anti-life”?
If you stop life support on an unconscious man who the doctors agree is not going to regain consciousness, is that murder?

Or does the consciousness of the person determine the morality behind continuing life support or ending it?
“ I have loved the stars too fondly to be fearful of the night “ - Sarah Williams
jas
Donated
Donated
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

Frau Holle wrote: Sun Mar 01, 2020 8:03 am

If you stop life support on an unconscious man who the doctors agree is not going to regain consciousness, is that murder?

Or does the consciousness of the person determine the morality behind continuing life support or ending it?
Technically, yes, but I say that because doctors don't know everything and have been proven to be wrong in some cases where they've said there wasn't any hope. But if you want to go along with the consciousness route, at what point does the fetus have consciousness?
Valentina327
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Baconqueen13 wrote: Wed Jan 29, 2020 1:51 pm
iamanon wrote: Wed Jan 29, 2020 1:34 pm
EarlGrayHot wrote: Wed Jan 29, 2020 11:01 am What a load of bullshit. It's a fetus not a baby. There is NO scientific evidence that "life" begins at conception-that is just religious claptrap. So no, you don't get to make decisions about other women's bodies.
At what point does this human growing inside a woman go from fetus to baby?
Scientifically at birth when the umbilical cord is cut and the cells are no longer dependent on the host for survival. Otherwise, from a philosophical standpoint, it is up to the individual woman hosting the cells to decide, not society.
So then, by that logic, that makes an exclusively breast fed infant fair game to be taken out too then, right? Those cells are still dependant, because if your tit isn't in it's mouth every 2 hours it's going to die. It's still a parasite. The individual woman is still responsible for it's survival.
Let's Go Brandon!
#FJB

https://openvaers.com/
Frau Holle
Regent
Regent

Unread post

jas wrote: Sun Mar 01, 2020 8:58 am

Technically, yes, but I say that because doctors don't know everything and have been proven to be wrong in some cases where they've said there wasn't any hope. But if you want to go along with the consciousness route, at what point does the fetus have consciousness?
In the third trimester.
“ I have loved the stars too fondly to be fearful of the night “ - Sarah Williams
jas
Donated
Donated
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

Frau Holle wrote: Sun Mar 01, 2020 1:15 pm

In the third trimester.
Not according to Google. There are studies showing as early as 5-6 months which is second trimester. There's also argument that a fetus can feel pain by 8-12 weeks. Pretty big difference from your life support scenario. Of course, that's assuming that patient is brain dead, to which a fetus as young as 8 weeks obviously isn't considering the nerves are quite alive and "feeling".
Frau Holle
Regent
Regent

Unread post

jas wrote: Sun Mar 01, 2020 1:51 pm
Frau Holle wrote: Sun Mar 01, 2020 1:15 pm

In the third trimester.
Not according to Google. There are studies showing as early as 5-6 months which is second trimester. There's also argument that a fetus can feel pain by 8-12 weeks. Pretty big difference from your life support scenario. Of course, that's assuming that patient is brain dead, to which a fetus as young as 8 weeks obviously isn't considering the nerves are quite alive and "feeling".
There are adults who we end life support for who can feel pain, I don’t mean brain dead, I mean conscious.
Lemons
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Abortion bans and democracy can’t coexist. The only countries that have complete bans on abortions have dictators.

Conservatives don’t seem to get it. Not everyone is religious. Some religions even believe birth control kills babies. Follow your religion, fine. Just mind your business.
Yoloo
Princess
Princess

Unread post

AZLizardLady wrote: Sun Feb 16, 2020 11:04 pm I do believe that life begins at conception and for myself, during my child-bearing years, I could never have had an abortion.

A few people I know personally have had one and I completely respect their legal right to choose for themselves what they did with their own bodies. Their situations have all been unique and it was not a matter of no birth control or lack of ANY type of control.

We cannot dictate as a collective whole what others do with their own bodies. We may not like their choices but that's just it......it was THEIR decisions to make, and this includes women who opt to have a legal, safe abortion.
So if you believe life starts at concept did you ever use hormonal birth control?
Locked Previous topicNext topic