Should I let her handle it even though she’s not doing anything? It scares me.

admin
The Law
Marchioness
Marchioness

Unread post

sweetbearshunny wrote: Tue May 29, 2018 8:44 am First time posting so bear with me.

My dd is 14. She’s had the same core group of friends since 2nd grade. When she started middle school, the districts mixed and her friends and her started making new friends. There’s one girl that they were initially friendly with but not anymore. She starts rumors, causes scenes in class, picks fights and she’s unstable.

This school year she’s tried to commit suicide twice, she’s brought drugs to school, threatened to blow everyone up...it makes the other kids uncomfortable. Well since the group has been distancing themselves from this girl, the girl has become obsessed with my dd.

She’s sending Facebook messages to my dd’s friends asking where dd lives, she leaves notes in my dd’s locker telling her that she thinks she’s falling in love with her. This girl got her classes switched a few months ago so she’s in every class with my dd. My dd doesn’t want to start anything so she’s been ignoring it. Hoping the whole situation will just go away but it seems to be getting worse. Dd has told her that she doesn’t like her like that and that she doesn’t even want to be friends.

This kid snuck on dd’s bus last week. Thank god she was found before the bus left. I don’t want this kid knowing where we live. We still have almost a month left of school. My dd is so stressed out right now because of this. I think she should talk to the counselor or principal but She’s afraid it will make things worse. I’m afraid this kid will kill my kid. I think I’m going to have a meeting with the principal anyway even though dd told me to stay out of it.

The 8th graders are going on a big trip to NYC for 4 days next month and that kid and my dd will both be there. I think the teachers at least need to know what’s going on. The whole situation just scares me. What would you do?
You absolutely need to talk to the school and you want to know exactly what they're going to do about it.
"It's not what you look at that matters, it's what you see."
AllofFive19
Regent
Regent

Unread post

You definitely need to talk to the principal.
“Don’t let yesterday take up too much of today.” – Will Rogers
purplesimon
Viscountess
Viscountess

Unread post

I agree with everyone. Please talk to the school.
MrsDavidB
Queen Mother
Queen Mother

Unread post

Oh my gosh. Yes go to the school. I would also make a report with the police department. See what they say.
mcginnisc
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

This is textbook stalking IMO. I've been stalked and it is terrifying. I could barely eat, barely sleep, lost weight that I couldn't afford to lose... I was scared all the time because he graduated to grabbing me and dragging me through a store at one point in addition to following me home and to work. Granted, I was an adult and in college, but I felt helpless unless I was surrounded by people ( now husband, parents, friends).
You *need* to talk to the school regardless of what your teen wants. This is a safety matter. Does she not realize how dangerous this situation is now?
The trip is worrisome IMO. The teachers and administration have to know before this trip occurs so they can keep a very close eye on this other girl and keep your daughter safe.
Claire
"I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me." Philippians 4:13
Verrine
Marchioness
Marchioness

Unread post

sweetbearshunny wrote: Tue May 29, 2018 8:44 am This kid snuck on dd’s bus last week.
My dd is so stressed out right now because of this.
The 8th graders are going on a big trip to NYC for 4 days next month
These are the parts that stuck out to me. Absolutely, contact the principal and guidance counselor. Stalking behavior is not ok. It is not ok for your daughter to feel threatened.
californiagirl83
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Usually, I agree with letting kids sort out their own disagreements. But this is a girl who has proven to be mentally unstable and capable of harm. Going to the principal NEEDS to be the next step for you. Monday morning. Don't put it off.
LoveAll3
Marchioness
Marchioness

Unread post

I would be talking to the school first thing tomorrow.
EarlGrayHot
Regent
Regent

Unread post

I would be talking to the school and getting a restraining order against her. NOW. In fact, I wouldn't like the idea of this girl being on the same excursion as your daughter.
cellomom26
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Of course you need to talk to the principal and counselor. This is not an ordinary teen argument, this girl is obsessed with your DD and sounds dangerous. If this were a boy you would not think twice about calling the school.
Locked Previous topicNext topic