My computer died along with cm

admin
The Law
Marchioness
Marchioness

Unread post

mater-three wrote: Thu May 24, 2018 8:52 pm Ever since windows 10 tried to update, my computer is in a constant state of reboot. I’ve run every diagnostic tests and reset defaults and it says it’s in working condition. I can’t even get into safe mode. Windows just won’t load.

I’m starting school in August. My question is what type of computer do you recommend? I refuse to buy anything dell. The last two dells I’ve owned have caused nothing but trouble. I’m on a budget so I need to point that out too. Think $500 and below range.
You don't need a new computer. It's stuck in a reboot loop but there are a few things you can try:
http://www.thewindowsclub.com/windows-1 ... eboot-loop

If none of these work, or you don't have the recovery media: Call Microsoft. You can usually buy the discs for $20.
"It's not what you look at that matters, it's what you see."
admin
The Law
Marchioness
Marchioness

Unread post

However, if you do want a new computer, I would suggest a Lenovo. Also, I would check out www.newegg.com for deals :D

I actually build them at work (we use home built machines for our employees).
Attachments
31788504_10156897659929367_5278016466023612416_n.jpg
admin
The Law
Marchioness
Marchioness

Unread post

You guys can always link machines you're looking to buy too (I can tell you if it's a ripoff or not).
mater-three
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

admin wrote: Fri May 25, 2018 9:29 pm
mater-three wrote: Thu May 24, 2018 8:52 pm Ever since windows 10 tried to update, my computer is in a constant state of reboot. I’ve run every diagnostic tests and reset defaults and it says it’s in working condition. I can’t even get into safe mode. Windows just won’t load.

I’m starting school in August. My question is what type of computer do you recommend? I refuse to buy anything dell. The last two dells I’ve owned have caused nothing but trouble. I’m on a budget so I need to point that out too. Think $500 and below range.
You don't need a new computer. It's stuck in a reboot loop but there are a few things you can try:

If none of these work, or you don't have the recovery media: Call Microsoft. You can usually buy the discs for $20.
I’ve never done it before. It will not go into safe mode no matter what I do. It goes into bios but that’s it. So if I buy the media to recover it is it going to load. I wish I could load videos up here to show you what is doing. It turns on and the dell symbols come on. Then a weird looking box shows up and it goes to a blue screen that says windows is installing updates please wait. It stays there for all of 3 secs and boots back down and does it again. After a bit the diagnostic screen shows up and it recommends I run scans on everything(this takes 4 hours by the way) and then it comes back and says everything is functioning correctly and then reboots and does it all over again
mater-three
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

Just so you know I’m not that knowledgeable about computers but given the proper instructions and Google I’ve gotten myself out of a lot of crappy situations lol. I just can’t seem to figure this one out. Maybe cause I’m cranky and pms’n I don’t know. And we are going on vacation next week.
admin
The Law
Marchioness
Marchioness

Unread post

mater-three wrote: Fri May 25, 2018 10:24 pm

I’ve never done it before. It will not go into safe mode no matter what I do. It goes into bios but that’s it. So if I buy the media to recover it is it going to load. I wish I could load videos up here to show you what is doing. It turns on and the dell symbols come on. Then a weird looking box shows up and it goes to a blue screen that says windows is installing updates please wait. It stays there for all of 3 secs and boots back down and does it again. After a bit the diagnostic screen shows up and it recommends I run scans on everything(this takes 4 hours by the way) and then it comes back and says everything is functioning correctly and then reboots and does it all over again
It should. The discs are only $20 so worth a shot before getting a machine. You may have to go into BIOS and swap it to read your CD/DVD first, but it usually will pick it up before it loads Windows. It's too bad I don't live nearby. I'd just go fix it for you.
mater-three
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

admin wrote: Fri May 25, 2018 10:31 pm

It should. The discs are only $20 so worth a shot before getting a machine. You may have to go into BIOS and swap it to read your CD/DVD first, but it usually will pick it up before it loads Windows. It's too bad I don't live nearby. I'd just go fix it for you.
I’ll look into getting one next week when we get back. I may need you to help me figure it out if that’s ok?
admin
The Law
Marchioness
Marchioness

Unread post

mater-three wrote: Fri May 25, 2018 10:41 pm

I’ll look into getting one next week when we get back. I may need you to help me figure it out if that’s ok?
Sure. :D
anonforever
Regent
Regent

Unread post

mater-three wrote: Fri May 25, 2018 8:45 pm
anonforever wrote: Fri May 25, 2018 7:48 pm
mater-three wrote: Fri May 25, 2018 4:56 pm

Can’t see a blasted thing. It goes to the screen that says windows is installing updates please wait for about 3 seconds before it reboots all the way back over. It’s not actually updating.
Odd, I would try a clean install then it could be as simple as a driver issue but without being able to see anything it's hard to say. Does it start to update then reboots and is just stuck in a continuous boot loop? But when it boots it auto starts the update?
That’s exactly what it’s doing
I would probably try a fresh install then there's a download on Microsoft's website to create A flash drive install or cd install if you have another computer you can do it on...
mater-three
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

admin wrote: Fri May 25, 2018 10:47 pm
mater-three wrote: Fri May 25, 2018 10:41 pm

Sure. :D
You’re awesome. Ty
Locked Previous topicNext topic