My computer died along with cm

mater-three
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

anonforever wrote: Sat May 26, 2018 12:08 am
mater-three wrote: Fri May 25, 2018 8:45 pm
anonforever wrote: Fri May 25, 2018 7:48 pm

Odd, I would try a clean install then it could be as simple as a driver issue but without being able to see anything it's hard to say. Does it start to update then reboots and is just stuck in a continuous boot loop? But when it boots it auto starts the update?
That’s exactly what it’s doing
I would probably try a fresh install then there's a download on Microsoft's website to create A flash drive install or cd install if you have another computer you can do it on...
We go on vacation until Friday next week. I’m going to try to mess with it when I get back next week. Ty for helping me try and figure it out.
anonforever
Regent
Regent

Unread post

mater-three wrote: Sat May 26, 2018 2:58 am
mater-three wrote: Fri May 25, 2018 8:45 pm

That’s exactly what it’s doing
I would probably try a fresh install then there's a download on Microsoft's website to create A flash drive install or cd install if you have another computer you can do it on...
We go on vacation until Friday next week. I’m going to try to mess with it when I get back next week. Ty for helping me try and figure it out.
Np, have fun on vacation.
mater-three
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

anonforever wrote: Sat May 26, 2018 7:23 am
Quick question tho. Can I use a Mac to make one of those cd’s? It has place for the cd’s. I just didn’t know if I had to use an actual windows computer to do it? I know I can make a flash off a Mac. I wasn’t sure if I should try with a cd.
anonforever
Regent
Regent

Unread post

mater-three wrote: Sat May 26, 2018 7:54 am
Quick question tho. Can I use a Mac to make one of those cd’s? It has place for the cd’s. I just didn’t know if I had to use an actual windows computer to do it? I know I can make a flash off a Mac. I wasn’t sure if I should try with a cd.
Honestly I'm not sure. I've never worked with Mac. I asked my husband and he's not sure either. I suppose it wouldn't hurt to try. You can find it right on Microsoft's website. I'm just not sure if they have a Mac version. You have to download an install file and run it which creates the windows install disk.
anonforever
Regent
Regent

Unread post

mater-three wrote: Sat May 26, 2018 7:54 am
Apparently you can here's a guide :
https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.window ... -mac%3famp
SeekingPeace
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Your husband is a wise man using that MAC!
mater-three wrote: Fri May 25, 2018 4:54 pm
pinkbutterfly66 wrote: Fri May 25, 2018 3:13 pm Before buying a new computer, try doing a reformat and reinstall. You have backups of all your data, files, bookmarks, pictures, etc. don't you?
There’s none of that on there. I used this only to pay bills. All of my files and pictures are stored on dh’s Mac.
mater-three
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

SeekingPeace wrote: Fri Jun 15, 2018 8:18 pm Your husband is a wise man using that MAC!
pinkbutterfly66 wrote: Fri May 25, 2018 3:13 pm Before buying a new computer, try doing a reformat and reinstall. You have backups of all your data, files, bookmarks, pictures, etc. don't you?
There’s none of that on there. I used this only to pay bills. All of my files and pictures are stored on dh’s Mac.
Who do you think bought him that Mac? I only had a windows because my old job required it.
SeekingPeace
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

:D YOU are one wise woman and great wife! Love those MACs!
mater-three wrote: Fri Jun 15, 2018 10:52 pm
SeekingPeace wrote: Fri Jun 15, 2018 8:18 pm Your husband is a wise man using that MAC!

Who do you think bought him that Mac? I only had a windows because my old job required it.
deltathree
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

I'm sorry that really sucks. Hope you find something. I'm not sure what to recommend.
EarlGrayHot
Regent
Regent

Unread post

What OS did your computer come with? Personally, we have had Dells at work and at home for years and I've had pretty good luck although we recently got new computers at work with Windows 10 and I HATE it. I didn't care much for Win 8 and thought 7 was really better. I got a Win8 at home for the touch screen and wish I hadn't. I also got an all-in-one computer to replace the WIN XP desktop and I wish I'd stuck with desktop, too. All the computers are made with basically the same parts. It's just how they play with one another that matters. Perhaps you should take your old computer in to someone.
Locked Previous topicNext topic