This ^
Beachbrat
Donated
Donated
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

Divamami wrote: Thu Nov 29, 2018 6:04 pmPuberty
She is only 8 and this has been going on her whole life.
Beachbrat
Donated
Donated
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

KendallsMom wrote: Thu Nov 29, 2018 6:06 pm How old is she?
She is only 8
Beachbrat
Donated
Donated
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

pinkbutterfly66 wrote: Thu Nov 29, 2018 6:55 pm
This ^
She is 8 years old and this has been going on her whole life.
Deleted User 670

Unread post

Princesscupcake wrote: Fri Nov 30, 2018 4:22 am
This ^
I have a strong willed diva too. Talk to her when she's calmer about her emotions and tell her it's ok to feel them but it's not ok to be mean. And it's better to talk about her feelings. Talk to her about puberty and how the flood of hormones are going to make her feel like she's on an emotional roller coaster sometimes. And that you're still the mom and you're not going to put up with her being disrespectful and she is still required to do chores. Everyone has to do them. You don't like them either but they still have to do them.

And don't take the eye rolls or fits personally. And don't take it personally if she doesn't want to be around you. If you're yelling at her all the time, then you need to stop yelling at her and start catching her when she's being good and praise her. Let her have the choice of hanging out with you or not without judgment or hurt feelings.
Beachbrat
Donated
Donated
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

pinkbutterfly66 wrote: Fri Nov 30, 2018 10:20 am

This ^
I have a strong willed diva too. Talk to her when she's calmer about her emotions and tell her it's ok to feel them but it's not ok to be mean. And it's better to talk about her feelings. Talk to her about puberty and how the flood of hormones are going to make her feel like she's on an emotional roller coaster sometimes. And that you're still the mom and you're not going to put up with her being disrespectful and she is still required to do chores. Everyone has to do them. You don't like them either but they still have to do them.

And don't take the eye rolls or fits personally. And don't take it personally if she doesn't want to be around you. If you're yelling at her all the time, then you need to stop yelling at her and start catching her when she's being good and praise her. Let her have the choice of hanging out with you or not without judgment or hurt feelings.

That talk has been had many many times by me and her father. And trust me we praise the crap out of our kids when they do good and we definitely notice the random good things they do without being asked, like just letting the dog out when he rings his bell. And no i do not constantly yell at my children.
Deleted User 670

Unread post

Princesscupcake wrote: Fri Nov 30, 2018 1:46 pm
pinkbutterfly66 wrote: Fri Nov 30, 2018 10:20 am

That talk has been had many many times by me and her father. And trust me we praise the crap out of our kids when they do good and we definitely notice the random good things they do without being asked, like just letting the dog out when he rings his bell. And no i do not constantly yell at my children.
That's great that you're not yelling. She's a strong willed kid. I get it. Like I said I have one too. She turned 21 last month. They're a whole "'nother breed". They'll drive you bat shit crazy and bring you to your knees. Don't sweat the small stuff, let the 'tude roll off your back if you can. Set up consequences for her misbehavior and be consistent. But don't overreact, make the punishment fit the crime. Don't be afraid of apologizing to her if you do overreact or completely lose it with her. Offer choices whenever you can about as much as you can.
Locked Previous topicNext topic