Pennsylvania school.district tells parents either pay tour child's lunch debt or risk loosi g your children

QuantumNursing
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Anonymous 1

Unread post

Schools are typically not permitted to deny a kid lunch but then there's this...Parents not paying their bills.

I don't know what the answer is but I do believe that schools are stuck in the middle of it all. I say, "Pay your bill!"

Kids shouldn't have to go through lunch lines at school and be embarrassed when the cashier says to them, "Oh, little Johnny. You owe $45.00..."
mcginnisc
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

They were also told that they cannot threaten foster care for this by the authorities so it went nowhere.
Claire
"I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me." Philippians 4:13
Deleted User 1039

Unread post

Kids being TAKEN FROM THEIR PARENTS over $50 in chicken nuggets and chocolate milk. What a shitshow of a country
Anonymous 2

Unread post

Threatening to take away kids is worse than the parents who don't pay for the meals.
sheramom4
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

CPS in the area made them retract the letter. However, the lawyer and school board member who wrote the letter said he was now going to go and question parents about what they spent money on lol! If he showed up at my house I would have him arrested for trespassing. I don't even know that he is legally entitled to the addresses of the students. I know our local school board members can't access information like that. You have to take a six hour training course and be employed at the school or district level to have access.
Traci_Momof2
Princess
Princess

Unread post

SolidlyAverage wrote: Sun Jul 21, 2019 6:16 pm Kids being TAKEN FROM THEIR PARENTS over $50 in chicken nuggets and chocolate milk. What a shitshow of a country
Well, it doesn't say the kids will be taken. It says the parents could go to Dependency Court where it's possible that the kids could be taken. I would imagine there would have to be more going on than just a lunch bill.

But let's face it, it's the parent's responsibility to feed the kids, not the schools. And if you can't manage to pay for a cheap-ass lunch for your kid everyday, you've got some serious problems going on that you either need the wake-up call to shake you into responsibility, or perhaps your kids would be better off somewhere else.
Traci_Momof2
Princess
Princess

Unread post

And we're not talking about poor families here, right? Because families with little to no income qualify for free lunch. So we're talking about parents who earn enough money to pay for their kids' lunch but can't get off their fat lazy asses long enough to actually pay it.

Sorry, but I have no patience for parents who refuse to pay something as simple as a school lunch debt.
Anonymous 3

Unread post

Parents should turn in their citizenship and become illegal aliens....that way everything they do and everything they need and everything they want is FREE...Problems solved.
Pjmm
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

I'm all for paying your debt but it's surely illegal to threaten dependency court. What's next, a return to debtors jail and the British workhouse?
Locked Previous topicNext topic