"Older" moms with younger children

lunarprancer
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

Lucky2BeeMe wrote: Sat Mar 09, 2019 10:42 am I’m not an older mom but I have friends that are. In see both good and bad things about it. One mom has her first at 48 . She now has 4 little ones and is going through menopause at 56.No thank you !!
:o
Deleted User 670

Unread post

Lucky2BeeMe wrote: Sat Mar 09, 2019 10:42 am I’m not an older mom but I have friends that are. In see both good and bad things about it. One mom has her first at 48 . She now has 4 little ones and is going through menopause at 56.No thank you !!
Man, I cannot imagine going through menopause and potty training at the same time! Ugggh!!
Seashell77
Countess
Countess

Unread post

pinkbutterfly66 wrote: Sat Mar 09, 2019 1:48 pm
Man, I cannot imagine going through menopause and potty training at the same time! Ugggh!!
Oh wow, I never thought about it that way. That would be really rough.
KendallsMom
Spoiled SAHM
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

I'm almost 46. DD is 12. Not a huge deal to me, but she claims I'm the oldest mom amongst her peers ' moms. She definitely has the oldest dad. DH is 63.

DH has 3 sons from a previous marriage, the oldest of which has 3 kids of his own. That makes DD an aunt to a 14, 10, and 6 year old..lol.

I wouldn't change it for the world, though.
Fullxbusymom
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

47 and my youngest is 7. He was actually due on my 40th birthday. SURPRISE!!
Fullxbusymom
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

jas wrote: Wed Jul 04, 2018 1:27 pm I'm 46. I have a 23 yr old, a 12 yr old and a 3 yr old. Same dad if anyone wondered....

We've joked that by the time my daughter graduates high school, they're going to be looking at our oldest and congratulating him as her father.
LOL, I say the same thing. People always assume it is a 2nd family but nope same dad. Mine are 22, 21, 13 & 7. Started over again twice.
JulesFairy
Baroness
Baroness

Unread post

I am a young mom, I'm 32 and have 10&12 year olds. But some of my best friends are in their mid 40s with a 3 & 4 year old. We hang out often so I get to share in the fun of having a little around, but am thankful my kids are older. My husband often says he misses when the kids were little and asks if we are sure we don't want to go for four kids afterall and then he has the little kids over and remembers that little isn't just fun and dance parties, lol.
hsvettelater
Villein
Villein

Unread post

I'm an older mom (55) with just one child (now 16 1/2). I had her five weeks before I turned 39. I wasn't going to have any kids due to being a survivor of childhood sexual abuse and other negative factors.
My DH is 42 so he wanted kids. I wish now we would have had more than one due to family dynamics. Life comes at you fast, and you just never know what's just around the corner.
My daughter is the very best thing I ever did with my life.
--Lynn--Mom to one great teenager and three fur-babies. Grateful to still be breathing.
lunarprancer
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

hsvettelater wrote: Tue Oct 01, 2019 2:29 pm I'm an older mom (55) with just one child (now 16 1/2). I had her five weeks before I turned 39. I wasn't going to have any kids due to being a survivor of childhood sexual abuse and other negative factors.
My DH is 42 so he wanted kids. I wish now we would have had more than one due to family dynamics. Life comes at you fast, and you just never know what's just around the corner.
My daughter is the very best thing I ever did with my life.
I will be 53 when my daughter turns 16. I was never married to her father or with him when she was born though. In fact, she's meeting him for the first time this coming Saturday (She's turning 12 this month.) Having another child was never an option for me, but, I do (and she does) sometimes wish she had a sibling. And yes, it sure does come at you fast.
Oliviasmom72
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

I am 47 and have a 11 and 15 yr old and an 11 week old puppy. I am exhausted
Locked Previous topicNext topic