How we raise men

Hot4Tchr-Bieg
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

Are we, as women, raising our sons to be entitled and unreasonable?

Are we raising our daughters to take on the role of accommodating unreasonable men?

Reading the replies in the DH-won't-wear-a-condom-or-get-a-vasectomy post really has me thinking that yes...we are. Just like our mothers and our grandmothers did.
Don't text while driving. Don''t text while stopped at stop signs and traffic lights. You're not a four year old...exercise some self-control.
QuantumNursing
Regent
Regent

Unread post

I'm not
Bubbs
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

I’m definitely not.
Honey, I'm the original one-eyed chicklet in the kingdom of the blind, 'cause at least I admit the world makes me nuts.
Anonymous 1

Unread post

I don’t think so. Some of the women in that thread were nuts. If DH’s options are wear a condom or don’t have S*x, there is no question - he’s going to put on a condom.
Deleted User 1344

Unread post

Hot4Tchr-Bieg wrote: Sun Sep 01, 2019 10:12 pm Are we, as women, raising our sons to be entitled and unreasonable?

Are we raising our daughters to take on the role of accommodating unreasonable men?

Reading the replies in the DH-won't-wear-a-condom-or-get-a-vasectomy post really has me thinking that yes...we are. Just like our mothers and our grandmothers did.
Nope!
My son decided on his own that the best option was a vasectomy, knowing it’s much easier than his wife having her tubes tied.
That’s just one example though.
His wife thanked me a few years ago for raising him to be in favor of equality and kindness, rather than the old fashioned patriarchal, controlling behavior that says: “ I’m a man, I’m in charge” kind of philosophy !
Maggie
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

No, a few post on CM doesn’t equal everyone.
Fullxbusymom
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

No but I also feel if I was the one who didn't want children I would be getting my tubes tied and not expecting my husband to have to get a vasectomy. My ex and I discussed it when the time came and he simply wasn't ready for that and I was certain that I was so it was a no brainer for me to get my tubes tied.
Anonymous 2

Unread post

100% no way
Hot4Tchr-Bieg
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

Anonymous 1 wrote: Sun Sep 01, 2019 10:20 pm I don’t think so. Some of the women in that thread were nuts. If DH’s options are wear a condom or don’t have S*x, there is no question - he’s going to put on a condom.
I mean, the way you've written the sentence, it sounds a little controlling. And that was also a common theme in the thread...a woman who insists that her husband wear a condom is too controlling. But what exactly is unreasonable about the expectation???

I PRAY that I've raised a son who will wear them and a daughter who will be "controlling" enough to expect her partners to wear them.
Don't text while driving. Don''t text while stopped at stop signs and traffic lights. You're not a four year old...exercise some self-control.
Hot4Tchr-Bieg
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

Maggie wrote: Sun Sep 01, 2019 10:22 pm No, a few post on CM doesn’t equal everyone.
You're right. But it's an interesting little peekhole into worlds I wouldn't otherwise get to see.
Locked Previous topicNext topic