My scary Halloween

Conweis
Regent
Regent

Unread post

I was trick or treating in my neighborhood with my two LOs and their special friend. Everything was fine but a little slow. Then we get to a fork in the road. One side has a cul da sac, the other goes towards the park. My four year old is next to me and I turn my head to check on my six year old and his friend. I turn back around and couldn't see my four year old. I assumed he ran to one of the trailers.
I call for him.
No answer.
I run around the cul da sac. No kid
I start shouting his name and running towards where a group is walking. No kid.
The parents in the group start shouting for him.
A car pulls up. It is the boys' friend's mom and sisters. He had snuck out the house. They tell me they saw a little boy darting through two trailers near the previous cul da sac.
I run, screaming his name. I run through the trailers, scared because this cul da sac has a drop off like mine does.
Then I hear a group shout they see him. He darts out between two trailers and proclaims to me
"Momma, I was playing hide and seek with you."

I felt like the world shifted and I was gonna fall.
None of the adults judged me for losing my kid.
We went home after that.
7byher
Marchioness
Marchioness

Unread post

I'm so sorry. I freak the f**k out if one of my kids disappears.
I'm glad he was ok.
Olioxenfree
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Everyone judges the mom whose son got away from her in a crowd and fell in the gorilla enclosure, but that's how it happens. Little kids can move quick. I make all of my younger kids walk in front of me so I can see them all at the same time.
Inmybizz
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Glad he is okay..
Conweis
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Olioxenfree wrote: Thu Oct 31, 2019 10:16 pm Everyone judges the mom whose son got away from her in a crowd and fell in the gorilla enclosure, but that's how it happens. Little kids can move quick. I make all of my younger kids walk in front of me so I can see them all at the same time.
He was walking in front of me so I could keep my eyes on him. The very short period it took me to turn my head, check on his brother and his friend and turn my head back, he was gone.
Little kids are quick and sometimes very impulsive
Conweis
Regent
Regent

Unread post

7byher wrote: Thu Oct 31, 2019 9:25 pm I'm so sorry. I freak the f**k out if one of my kids disappears.
I'm glad he was ok.
I was freaking out.
I went from rational and logical to a running lunatic within a few minutes.
Olioxenfree
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Conweis wrote: Thu Oct 31, 2019 10:38 pm
Olioxenfree wrote: Thu Oct 31, 2019 10:16 pm Everyone judges the mom whose son got away from her in a crowd and fell in the gorilla enclosure, but that's how it happens. Little kids can move quick. I make all of my younger kids walk in front of me so I can see them all at the same time.
He was walking in front of me so I could keep my eyes on him. The very short period it took me to turn my head, check on his brother and his friend and turn my head back, he was gone.
Little kids are quick and sometimes very impulsive
I mean I have all of my little kids walking in front of me, including my six year old, so I don't have to turn around to check on them behind me. Just something that works for me.
KendallsMom
Spoiled SAHM
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

I would've had a heart attack!

Glad he's safe.
LuckyEightWow
Donated
Donated
Princess Royal
Princess Royal